Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

How in the hell are you supposed to complete the Level 40 WHM quest O Brother Where Art Thou? The 4 sprites kick my rear end before I can even kill one. I use Stoneskin, Protect and Regen and sleep 3 of them. Trying to keep the other 3 asleep runs me out of mana way too quick. There has to be some better way, I can't imagine that a Level 40 WHM wouldn't be able to finish a Level 40 quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

So my kids were watching this god awful Space Dogs movie and I recognized one of the voices as Batou from Ghost in the Shell. I checked out the voice actor (Richard Epcar) and lo and behold he's ALSO the voice of Gaius van Baelsar!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0258268/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Let's all have a Permadeath server! Because 90ks and lag never happen.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/107849-Can-we-please-get-a-perma-death-server

Just don't post that his idea sucks or you're a troll.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

It's not a true Goon party until you dress up for the occasion.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Continuing yesterday's good news, FFXIV peak active subs have surpassed FFXIs. FFXI peaked at around 500k and as of september 30th FFXIV had 600k active subs.

They also sold close to 1.5m copies of the game so far and are trying to expand to the chinese and korean markets soon.

Source

So they WANT more RMT? :confused:

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Looking for some guidance on Bard because I keep hearing opposing arguments - Do I use my 900 Myth tomes to get Relic +1, or do I spend 800ish to get the Bard Shirt and get my other gear first, and the bow +1 last?

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

tonic316 posted:

Get your bow last. The armor is a far better upgrade. Assuming you are into min/maxing.

Basically I just want the best DPS for my buck to be as effective as possible in Coil

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a new vid card since my ATI HD 5770 is crapping out.

Does anyone playing the game have this card? (ASUS GTX 660) Will it be a pretty good upgrade from what I have now?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-14121660-L010C

($20 off with promo code EMCWWWV43 by the way)

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

SoulChicken posted:

I've got that card in the 660ti. Its great, I like the fans on the ASUS cards, they keep things cool and are pretty quiet compared to many GPU fans.

Thanks Lao! I'm gonna pick it up, it's my Christmas gift to myself. Plus I'm so loving done with AMD/ATI cards :(

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Does anyone have some suggestions for being a better tank? Like a newbie guide to holding hate, Actions to use etc? I pull with Shield Lob, Flash every so often and concentrate on 1 mob at a time but (for example in AK) they tend to lose hate and focus on the healer or DPS and then Flash doesn't do poo poo. I can only Provoke so much! I'm using PLD, is it required to get MRD/WAR to 50 as well for those actions?

Also, any good Tank macros to share?

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Olesh posted:

DPS should absolutely not be pulling threat from you unless you're pretty heavily undergeared relative to them. Make sure you're upgrading your weapon and staying geared up - the better your defense, the less you need to be healed and the less threat the healer will generate.

Also you didn't mention Circle of Scorn; are you using it at all? You should be throwing it in pretty much as soon as all the mobs are in range alongside flash.

Otherwise, you just need to hit your combo in order and occasionally throw a Rage of Halone onto a target that's about to go after the healer.

This is all things you should have picked up over the course of normal dungeons, though - how have you hit 50 in PLD without previously having difficulty holding hate on trash mobs? Did you FATE grind all the way to 50 and never actually run a dungeon as a PLD in the process?

Power level parties in 1.0 :( I'm new to running dungeons as anything but a DPS. I'm trying to learn because I want better/quicker access to dungeon parties with or without Goons that need a tank. Also tanks seem to be in short supply.

Oh and I do use Circle of Scorn! I don't have my relic yet though, just using an Aoelian Scimitar until I can beat Garuda and (ugh) Titan. This'll be my 2nd relic.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Olesh posted:

Well, step 1 should be going and buying a grand company weapon. You'll get a pretty significant boost to your DPS/threat generation, and you'll have to give up the Aeolian Scimitar for your relic anyways. A 10% increase to your threat generation is non-trivial and you should do it right away. Alteratively, farming Garuda / Moggle Mog will get you a slightly better weapon.

It's the #1 priority and it will do a lot to mitigate your difficulties.

Well I have about 25-30k GC seals so I'll do that first. Thanks!! I already gave the relic blacksmith guy my Curtana but I crafted another scimitar from dungeon mats because it was a cheap option. I didn't realize the GC weapon was better.

Thank you!

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

So uh...this is bad. And apparently "working as intended".

Excuse me while I go into work and promote myself to CEO and raid the company coffers!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/147528-SE-Please-fix-this-FC-exploit/

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

The Chairman posted:

I checked PBC's rank privileges and only the leader and officers can promote, so this shouldn't affect us.

I had noticed this might be an issue about a month ago when I tried giving the crafting rank the ability to promote, and someone told me that they were able to promote people to officer, so I ended up taking it away. I couldn't bug report it though because a certain someones don't want me on their precious brown forum though :argh:

The only issue I see is that you have Rank 2 with full access to the chest (but no one in that rank). An officer could promote someone to Rank 2, have them loot the chest and leave ala Eve Online. Maybe only Rank 1 should have Withdrawal access to the chest? Since only Master can promote to Master

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Bard, the worst. Also Ivetta you are on my shitlist for rolling 99 on the Sands of Time and making me do ST again.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Anyone know the jobs that will be required for Rogue? Not sure if that was shared yet. I'm guessing ARC will be one prereq.

Edit: I are dumb durr. Class does not equal job. Was thinking of it in FF Tactics terms.

Rynn fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

bonewitch posted:

Ninja will probably be Rogue and Pugilist with Lancer cross class. It'll be interesting if they open up Rogue cross class skills to other jobs.

The first ninja in game will be on a JPN server within 20-24 hours post patch, book it done.

• Locked thread