Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Found a nice list of the rare level 50 gathering nodes: link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Have my WHM at 50 but thinking about leveling another class this weekend for support abilities. Should I go THM or ACN first? I've heard THM is good for the swiftcast but that's all I've heard about either of the classes abilities. Which would be more useful initially for WHM? I'm guessing ACN but I got mine to 15 and it was terrible to play, much rather do THM if I can justify it.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I hope they continue this time frame for maintenance every week. I have a class thursdays so this forces me to log off and do homework

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Was pleasantly surprised to find out I could dye my level 50 armor!

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kweh posted:

So does anyone have a preferred method of getting wind shards? Trying to level my goldsmith but these shards keep holding me up and the auction house is a little too pricey for now.

Just off the top of my head, but I think central shroud level 5 trees have all the wind shards you need.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know how to redeem items you get from achievments? I just finished A Botanists Life for Me that's supposed to reward the luminary axe but I dunno where to get it... Checked my mail, armoire, botanists guild and even calamity reclaimer.

Hopefully I'm just missing something dumb and its not bugged

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Schubalts posted:

Talk to the old man at Apkallu Falls in Old Gridania to redeem cheevo rewards.

Thanks, now I got my new shiny axe :)

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Next level keybinding is to switch spacebar to something useful like an interrupt or something else you want extremely quick access too.

(and esdf)

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

mightygerm posted:

You'll need to rebind that jump key for turn 1 of coil :ssh:

Yea never unbind it... just rebind it to something normal like C, V, or B. Why does jump have to be the biggest and most accessible key on the keyboard?

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Dear Customer:
This notice is to inform you that we have temporarily suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail due to an ongoing investigation of one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.
Specifically, you have violated following Section(s) of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.
------------------
SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE
1. Registered Users
Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
(b)You represent and warrant that you will not use the Website or Services in any manner that is in violation of this Agreement or of any applicable law or regulation;

Has anyone else gotten this? How do I how long I'm suspended?

If its actually temporary I have a feeling I could just wait and not bothering contacting S-E since it'd just be a waste of time finding out wtf is going on. I have an authenticator so I know I didn't get hacked.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yea I had 13m gil on a non-legacy server. 72 hour ban. Welp guess I know what I WONT be doing this weekend.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm glad FF14 is going to start kicking me in the nuts @ 50. I'll agree pubbies are loathesome, and PS3 pubbies are even worse, but getting a good group of friends is and kicking down content and being able to show off to the pubbies is worth it.

EDIT: It felt good back in Vanilla WoW and TBC, and I'm drat sure it'll feel good now. Things like "raid finder" have diminished the accomplishments of the truly dedicated.

If raid finder diminishes your accomplishments, you don't have any real accomplishments.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

THE PWNER posted:

Here in the dev team, we aren't suspended. Suspended people need to unlock true potential.

Friday night
:downs:"Hey Yoshi aren't we forgetting to do something before we leave"

:angel:"Oh poo poo yea I think we should ban everyone over 10 million gil. That should stop people from spamming and botting."

:downs:"Okay but what if those people were just the recipients of botted and hacked gil? Should they be the ones punished?"

:angel:"That's not really our problem. Our problem is we haven't done anything about our game being easier to hack than runescape. We need to show people we mean business. Ban them all, I'll figure something out over the weekend."

Yep sorry they just lost my subscription, I'm not masochistic enough to continue to play this game if they unban me. I just feel bad for the people who bothered to call their CS to complain about this.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are there still bots everywhere in this game? I only played the first month it came out but there were tons of em, they kinda ruined the game for me when I found out you could just afk to 50

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't think the botting situation ever made it possible to afk to 50.

I dunno I remember fate grinding from 30-50ish where you could just get a bot to do it.

Gathering too tho, pretty much every crystal was botted.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was unclear, what I'd like to know is if botting is still a problem in the game. 'problem' to me meaning, 'affecting the enjoyment of other players'.

I'd also like to know if SE has done anything to stop people from botting, speedhacking, or teleporting. For example, have they ever started banning people?

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

kiffkin posted:

Just to add, the first of their statements included an explanation of what they mean by illicit activity:

link here

Thanks, at least they are doing something now. At the launch they basically admitted they had a lot more problems and botting just took a backseat.

e: I also remember not even being able to use the main chat in the cities because it was being spammed with RMT ads

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Levantine posted:

You can also right click on a name and Blacklist them from the chat window now which makes a huge difference in cutting down on chat spam.

Yea just logged in for the first time in many months, glad they added this feature

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I just wanna say, after seeing it a million times, I still love the opening cinematic for this game. The little Lalafell WHM with tears in her eyes is too drat cute.

I'm a sick and twisted person but I always laugh at this part. Something about the look on his face

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SpazmasterX posted:

Have they ever mentioned why there's no option to turn off the auto-logout?

Prolly because there wasn't an auto-logout in the beginning and people abused it.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Cool Blue Reason posted:

So this is on Steam and also 50% off as of ~1hr ago.

Seems like there's no way to link an existing account with steam unfortunately. Good for new accounts though!

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Silver Striker posted:

From what I've heard steam just provides with you a key, so the free month shouldn't start until you actually register your account. Don't act on just this, though.

This is true. I just walked my friend through setting up a new account after he bought it on steam.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

It let me in after refreshing 3 times, found this amusing though. How does the coding even allow for a negative queue?? :aaaaa:

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Resubbing... just read about 2.4 and the xpac bringing thf + nin + drk back which were my favorite jobs from ffxi so yea. Not too many other games out for a bit that interest me, why the hell not.

962 pages of pre-orders cancelled

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How do I unlock the duty finder roulette? I just want to do the High Level one but it just says I have to 'complete the following: ??????????'... not very helpful. Last time I played was 2.0 and I unlocked everything back then, I'm guessing I just need to unlock the new dungeons?

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Axle_Stukov posted:

DRK just being a straight up job makes me think they're going to axe classes in 3.0 completely.

WoW was able to introduce DK as a 'hero class' and it didn't really effect any of the other classes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Red Red Blue posted:

About 9 hours

Never too early to start F5ing

• Locked thread