Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I still hate the Nick and Jess relationship, i just think find them a bit boring now :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Esroc posted:

I couldn't disagree more. The show was fairly obvious from the start about the sexual tension between Jess and Nick. But one thing I absolutely hate about sitcoms is when two characters that are obviously going to get together eventually take five seasons to do so. And by then you just don't care anymore.

Jess and Nick will probably break up sometime down the road, because sitcom. But I feel it's very refreshing that New Girl is getting the major character romance subplot out of the way so early. Rather than subjecting us to years of "will they, won't they."

My problem is mainly that Nick and Jess were funny own their own, together so far all their stories have been "Nick and Jess are so in love, look at them they are so cute!".
In most shows i just find it lessens things when two main characters get together (like has happened on Castle), and i would have preferred it happen in the last episode of the series, which hopefully is many years in the future

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I think Winston has been great this season, on the other hand i think Coach is boring so far.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Probably my favourite episode this season, though Coach still feels out of place.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I have never heard animal feces called scat before, so that scene was kinda confusing.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I still don't like Coach, i just think the character is boring and annoying, i have yet to find anything he does funny. So i hope he is gone from the show next season, he is just taking away time from the other characters.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The first season was all about Schmidt. The second was Nick, and I feel this one has really been about Winston finally being a fun character.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Wasn't a big fan of this episode, there was too much gushing about Prince and not enough funny bits. Also i almost didn't recognize Prince, i must not have seen him since the 90's.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Prince is such a 90's thing, it just felt like every character had to gush about him because he was on the show, it was forced and unrealistic.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The camping episode was probably the highlight of the season, i think it has been hit or miss since then. Mostly because of Coach, but I know many people like the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The breakout didn't feel especially realistic, but I don't really mind since I didn't like the relationship. But that is just a general dislike of major characters on tv becoming couples.

• Locked thread