Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Want that catte. Want to pet that catte. It's too bad we had to lose Daisy to a lovely sitcom that will hopefully die a quick death, but at least we get a catte.

Also, Schmidt looked so heartbroken at the end there, and it's all his own fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
After the Super Bowl we're getting New Girl with a little Purple Rain.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Boywhiz88 posted:

Sorry, didn't see that. Just glimpsed the article. That's funny as hell. Now I just wonder what else Prince likes.

Not the internet, that's for sure.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sash! posted:

I can practically quote her word vomit confession perfectly.

brb throwing self in front of train

Never ever be ashamed of liking Legally Blonde. I'm really bad at remembering individual lines from movies, but I'll be damned if I don't recite "Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don't shoot their husbands," almost literally every time I hear the word "endorphins".

Legally Blonde owns.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xealot posted:

I don't know, I've met people who've worked as teachers in low-income districts who did this exact thing. They went into teaching to teach, then flipped out over the extreme bureaucratic negligence and became admins to try and rectify it.

What I *don't* buy is that Nick passed the CA bar exam despite dropping out of law school and giving up all ambition for law. The bar sounds crazy difficult for people who actually *do* want to become lawyers. It's like those shows/movies set in high schools where slacker characters surprise everyone by getting into Princeton or Yale. No, they didn't. Not because they're not smart, but because they didn't play the admissions game

SO ANGRY ABOUT THIS SITCOM, apparently.

Well the Bar (per my understanding, anyways) is just a test, albeit a really hard one. It makes sense that, if you drop out right before graduation, you'd know enough to be able to pass, and he can still take a Bar Review course without being in law school (because they're a third party thing). It's less like a high school slacker getting into Harvard and more like a high school slacker getting a really good score on their SAT/ACT test.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElwoodCuse posted:

California doesn't require you to graduate from an accredited law school to sit for their bar exam. Far bigger fuckups than Nick take it. And depending on how they apply themselves during a review course, some of them pass.

So I could become a lawyer in California?

I have a plane ticket to buy.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Atma McCuddles posted:

Okay am I drinking crazy juice or was that last episode absolutely poo poo? The surprise party setup is some panto bullshit, everyone's acting was below par except Damon's, and a lot of the jokes were predictable which shouldn't happen on this show. I mean it's New Girl so they still snuck in decent one-liners but the whole episode felt reeeeeally off.

Ironically, I thought this was the best/funniest episode in a while.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I do enjoy Berkley. So, so misinformed.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ke$ha writes awesome pop/rock music, has a sense of humor about herself, and seems like a genuinely nice person, if maybe a little weird. Why would you not want to hang out with her?

I mean, I'm sure meeting Paul McCartney or Prince would be an amazing experience that I would jump at in a heartbeat, but if I actually got to hang out and converse with a famous person, someone closer to my age and time would probably be more fun.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to hold a round table with Ke$ha, Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Rhianna, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez. Me and Beyoncé can moderate.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox posted:

No Demi Lovato?

Oh yeah, duh. And T-Swizz in there for good measure. I think her, Gomez and Lovato are all pretty good friends, actually. And with stuff coming out about the latter two as of late, they might be more fun to party with than Ke$ha. (So long as The Biebs stays far the gently caress away)

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stabitha posted:

Did they ever explain on the show what happened to Ferguson? Winston was obsessed with him, but he hasn't been mentioned in weeks now. I understand working with a cat on set is probably difficult, but if they aren't going to write in a way to get him off the show, like he ran away or was taken to the shelter, I wish they'd at least mention him as if he's in the apartment somewhere if they aren't going to show him. I want more Winston/Ferguson shenanigans.

I do wish they'd have him on more often, but the nice thing about cats is that if you don't hear about them for a while on a show, it's probably just because the cat is sleeping or some poo poo.

But that cat is loving adorable and I would love to see another Ferguson plot pop up soon. If/when I ever write a sitcom, there will be cat.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jummy posted:

Yeah it is, but he definitely meant that powdered crap.

I'm fairly certain that he didn't mean Tang as in powdered drink. Tang is a funny word, because it means a variety of things, and Winston saying it repeatedly is funny, it doesn't have to mean that she's a bad cook.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love how they're slowly expanding the recurring characters that the show can pull out whenever they're needed. Jess's parents have shown up as many times this season as they did last season, plus bringing back Caroline, as well as keeping Homeless Dave and Angela from the Office and the principal at Jess' school around for little bits. I'm sure Abby will be a welcome addition (especially because Linda Cardellini is awesome).

Now they just need to bring back Robbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

That is the most I've laughed at a trailer in ages. I'm loving in as poo poo.

• Locked thread