Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I enjoyed some of the past season, but have found myself growing kind of indifferent to the show. The lack of action in this thread seems to reflect that general feeling. There have been some great quotable lines, as per usual, and I have enjoyed a lot of the B plots. However, you can add me to the list of people who thought the breakup was handled badly. It was all a bit abrupt, with Nick and Jess going from a cute, if a little mismatched couple, to overnight suddenly realising that the things they liked about each other were actually deal breakers. I mean, earlier in the series Jess would have found the space trucker thing adorable, so it just felt like they were rushing the breakup. It would have felt more realistic if it was something that happened gradually.

Jess has also changed a bit too much as a character. Yeah, she was annoyingly quirky at the beginning of the show, but she seems to have gone too far in the opposite direction now. The last episode felt like Zooey Deschanel was playing a completely different character. What happened to the ribbon hat and the feelings stick? They just don't seem to be able to strike a balance with Jess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread