Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
These last few episodes have all been on fire. So far I think this is shaping up to be the best season. Season 2 lost me a little about halfway in -- I felt it was getting a little too slapsticky and maybe a little over-focused on Schmidt -- but they seem to have hit the perfect balance now. I'm also glad they haven't made every episode about Nick & Jess having some sort of major issue or milestone in their relationship. It's fitting right into the show's chemistry while also adding something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Watching the season 2 gag reel reminded me how many side characters they threw in last year. It seems to be something they've backed off a little in season 3, and I'm glad. There were some good ones, like Cece's nerdy boyfriend, but I'm enjoying the smaller circle of friends they're working with now.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Tupping Liberty posted:

I would love to see Nadja again, though.

Oh definitely, but I consider her a season 1 character! I was talking more about Nick's father, Jess's parents, and Jess's boyfriends-of-the-week. None were truly terrible, but I feel like the show is doing better without so many characters.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

MondayHotDog posted:

Robby was amazing, I really wish they'd bring him back.

His chemistry with Schmidt was magical. They've gotta do something with him again; there's a perfect opportunity now that Schmidt is in such deep CeCe withdrawal. Imagine if they became roommates? :allears:

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I was happy with the episode. Superbowl episodes are always ratings stunt-y so I suppose I didn't have the highest hopes. I mostly just hoped it would be a fun thing to watch after the game and that my friends who were new to the show wouldn't hate it, and I'd say it succeeded.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Strange - I thought Linda Cardellini was the best thing going last week and that everything was amazing, but this week felt a little flat and she felt like a drain on proceedings.

I felt like the ending of this episode could easily have been the ending of last week's episode without really losing anything of value. It seemed like Jess and Abby were going through the same thing they went through last week.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Yeah but it felt like both episodes had the same exact arc. Rather than being part of the same arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Despite mixed feelings about the ending, I was cracking up all the way through this episode. I loved Nick & Jess's dazed wakeup chat ("awwww son of a... bitchthewaterfellontheground") and True American continues to be funny. (My favorite line was the one about Nixon & Checkers but I can't remember it.)

• Locked thread