Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I hope Jess gets out of jail in time for the premiere :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

futurememory posted:

I'm not quite sure how Winston's colorblindedness could actually work logically. If the shade we know as "brown" was being referred by everyone around him as the word "green," wouldn't he have the two words and concepts just reversed in his head? He'd know Kermit, for example, was "green," but would perceive him as the color "brown."

There's definitely "red-green" colorblind ness, but usually that means that the two hues are indistinguishable from one another and typically both look like a brown color.

Sorry to go off a bit, the joke had me rolling, but this has been bothering me.

It's not easy being brown, man.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

I think the writers realized that the ensemble as a whole is a lot stronger than a show about quirky hipster girl sings songs and the rest of the cast reacts. I'm sure they were also feeling around the actors' various strengths, which is why Schmidt got the big push as a character in the first season. Nick started hitting his stride around Fancyman, and well, Winston, here's hoping this is the year of Winston. (Not saying Winston isn't hilarious, but his character is like the puzzle he was putting together. The pieces are kinda forced together and we don't really have an idea of him besides that he's pretty weird!)

Rewatching the second season now and dammit Robbie better be back. Him and Nadia are my favorite recurring characters :3:

While I agree that Winston is still an unestablished character, the moments of this show that have made me laugh the hardest have all involved him.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

^^^
The gently caress... :stare:

Rarity posted:

That was mostly a great episode - the subversion of classic farce with Schmidt getting away with it in particular - but I really really disliked the way they turned Daisy into a bitch just to propel Winston's arc, I thought it was unfair to a really cool character.

I think Brenda Song's got a full time role on some other show this season so that's probably why they dumped her character. At least they did better with her than they did with Olivia Munn, that note she left might as well have said "I died on the way back to my home planet." They seem to be kinda bad at writing exits for Sig Oth side characters.

edit: looking at IMDB that other show looks like it might be Dads, so maybe she'll be back pretty soon.
edit 2: And I see I am way behind.

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Sep 25, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Conquistador posted:

Did something weird happen with that coach guy, I feel like I missed something?

Haha it honestly feels like they just totally ditched him and brought in some other guy who is also black

Well yeah, that's pretty much exactly what happened. He was in the pilot but then it turned out that Happy Endings was getting a second season so Damon Wayans Jr. had other obligations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Esroc posted:

I don't even get the Schmidt/Elizabeth thing in the first place. After everything he went through for CeCe it doesn't make any sense why he'd want to go back to an old girlfriend.

Elizabeth is his link to his pre-douchebag fat boy life.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tupping Liberty posted:

I'm glad for him, even though it would be great to have Coach more (assuming they bring him back in an entertaining way, and I'm confidant the will.)

Damon Wayans Jr. is just awesome, he deserves it.

It's weird how he looks exactly like Damon Wayans 20 years ago, before I knew he had a son I thought he'd decided to get back into TV and made some anti-aging deal with the devil.

It is odd how DW Sr. just pretty much vanished from acting after My Wife and Kids went off the air, did he just decide to retire or what?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Inspector_71 posted:

Nick is becoming more and more Charlie with each passing day.

Honestly, I'm okay with that.

I'm not so much okay with Dickhead Schmidt this season though.

Democratic Pirate posted:

Hopefully this means more Jess and Cece scenes in the future. She better not disappear entirely.

They didn't have her in the group shot on the next week promo, so I hope so too :ohdear:

Sash! posted:

How old are you?

No, really, because it makes a difference.

I went from despising Seinfeld when it aired to enjoying it in reruns. Now I'm pretty much indifferent about it though.

Midnight City posted:

I didn't actually start watching the show until after season two had finished and wasn't following the thread. What was the general opinion of Zooey Deschanel / Jess going into the first season?

It was pretty much a non-stop hate train for her before the show started and after people saw the pilot. Then it became a fantastic show a few episodes in and people started taking the show on its own merits.

raditts fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 3, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, at this stage Winston being isolated from the group and their situation has become an actual written character detail.

Really, he's the token black character and his name is Winston, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I'm starting to worry about Winston's mental state. Come back and apologize Daisy, Winston needs this :ohdear:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Ariza posted:

Is that as horrible as the 45 seconds I saw led me to believe? I like the cast but I hate laugh tracks.

I have trouble believing there is any given 45 seconds of Dads that is not horrible.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Popelmon posted:

Who was the guy with Jess's purses? He looks so familiar.

He's shown up on the show before. He's a crazy hobo that lives in front of their building or something.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hahaha, holy poo poo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Boywhiz88 posted:

I just wanna get a V-Rab hat.

Also, I just realized it's Velvet Rabbit as a reference to Velveteen Rabbit. Way to go, writers.

Why would they be referencing that?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

StormDrain posted:

Is this a new game? Saying things are fake references?

It's a game as old as Kurt Cobain.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Well, they did give him the same name as the Ghostbuster who joined in on an established dynamic and doesn't really fit in with the other three guys in the group.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Democratic Pirate posted:

Was there an episode tonight?

No, it was a rerun of the season premiere.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

Not the internet, that's for sure.

Well why would he, the internet is over.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tupping Liberty posted:

That reads like an article from the Onion.

The Onion could only dream of coming up with poo poo as ridiculous as Prince says and does on a regular basis.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I still like it too, cliched and TV-showy as it was. gently caress the haters.

Guacamayo posted:

was that a callback to chappelle show?

It's not even the first callback Prince has done.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

Yeah, they broadened the humour a bit for the audience they were expecting, but it was still genuinely an episode of New Girl. Fire+Ice slayed me, it's nice to see Coach and Winston being hilarious together as a team.

Prince has a trained butterfly.

I think my favorite thing about the episode is that not once did I doubt that Prince did anything in the episode that he doesn't regularly do in his day-to-day life. I can totally buy that he has a trained butterfly that follows him around.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sash! posted:

I definitely don't like Prince, but I feel compelled to defend Prince. He transcends man and is an existence, a force of nature. Like a hurricane. But not violent like a hurricane. More sensual.

You're a star, and he's the Big Dipper.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Shageletic posted:

Gross.

EDIT: I'm not sure I can take your opinions at face value anymore Irish Joe.

Why did you ever?

I've just plain given up on the forum obsession with Kesha. This is literally the only place I've seen people refer to her as anything but "gross", let alone someone they enjoy seeing and hearing.

Also, I don't know who you people are who were born in the 80's and never heard any Prince, his songs were on the radio pretty much constantly at least up until I was in high school.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Conquistador posted:

Goons just spent a page debating whether they'd rather hang out with ke$ha or prince and fantasizing what it would be like

If you don't fantasize what hanging out with Prince would be like, then I think that's more of a personal failing on your part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

On any other show this episode would be where Nick has a Tommy Boy moment and turns out to be some kind of incredible lawyer. But nope, he is just as borderline retarded at lawyering as he is at everything else. I can appreciate that.

• Locked thread