Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
TBH ke$ha seems like she'd be more fun at a house party. Sure I'd be thrilled to meet Prince at a party, but can you really party with someone whose persona is Prince's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

The former sounds way more fun than the latter (cause you just get sloppy drunk too, problem solved!).

I'd find it annoying to be silently judged by some guy in a blouse. v:shobon:v

e: Also he's a Jehovah's Witness so you know he'd be judging you.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 8, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Phylodox posted:

I don't know if becoming part of the problem actually solves it, though. I mean, sure, you're not feeling uncomfortable anymore, but everyone at your party is still standing around awkwardly while you gyrate on top of a table to a song that hasn't been playing for ten minutes, now, and instead of having to worry about finding one person's hidden vomit stashes for the next week you've got to worry about your own, too.

Which, I dunno, maybe you're into that, that's cool, whatever.

Hey man, if everyone becomes a part of the problem is it still a problem anymore? Imagine the fun you could have being sloppy drunk at Denny's with ke$sha or some other age appropriate popstar; imagine the fun you will have taking a post-drunk Denny's poo poo/vomit only to find a passed out ke$sha (or some other age appropriate popstar) in your bathtub.

evv: Hey bro, I did those things at 21, not 17. :colbert: (they were fun at the time)

e2: Actually, from the standpoint of Nick and Jessica being 30-somethings slowly sliding away from their 20's I can see why such a drunken night wouldn't appeal to them.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 8, 2014

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Sir Lemming posted:

Yeah but it felt like both episodes had the same exact arc. Rather than being part of the same arc.

Dealing with your close family's a lot like playing out the same angsty, stupid sitcom stories over and over and over till one of you guys die!

e: I've been in a running battle with my younger brother for like 5 years now. In the space of an hour we can go from being best friends to wishing each other death. Y'know, family poo poo.

I like that New Girl captures that.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

elwood posted:

That worked so well for him last time. :(

I try very hard to forget about Happy Endings because I loved it so much.

• Locked thread