Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I think for me it's not that the episode itself was bad (though I definitely think it was the weakest this season), it's that Prince can't really act. I understand why they cast him and I like him like anyone else with a pulse and a soul, but it felt mostly like a gimmick. In the end it was just Prince being Prince and people interacting with Prince who's really Prince did I mention Prince?

It felt like individual jokes were funnier than the episode as a whole. Maybe it's just the tired "someone says I love you, the other person freezes (but really really loves them)" and the romcom 'character is on the stage during a musical show and expresses their undying love' thing coupled with Prince's unability to act. I have to admit though, I completely lost it when Prince and Jess were in the closet, and when Cece beat him at ping pong and he just ended up ragequitting.

Honestly if they had brought on Dave Chappelle to play Prince it would have made the episode 100% better and possibly the best one of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Don-don't look at me, or, or look at me: look DIRECTLY at me was easily the best line Schmidt has had all season. It felt like a season 1 Schmidt line.

This episode really went crazy with the sex jokes. I mean the second you think about one of the quick throwaway jokes: Jess's sister roleplaying Nick having sex with Schmidt roleplaying as Jess, it is really hosed up :stare:

Between that and Archer right afterwards those are some of the most explicit sex jokes I've heard on television in a while

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Timett posted:

Nicks freakout at the start of the episode when Jess got near his french toast was pretty hilarious.

I don't know, it kept reminding me of how funnier the Fat Mac freaking out in the van about his chips from the burger store was. Pretty good episode overall, though. Sad to see Jessica's sister go, but at the same time I don't know just how long they could have kept it going without getting stale

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
No new New Girl bums me out. Only four episodes left, too.

:smith:

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh man I couldn't stop laughing through the whole thing. It looks absolutely fantastic

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I just meant no new episode last week. Considering the episode we got, however :geno:. I was hoping New Girl wouldn't go through that stupid 'Well of course we have to break them up' every sitcom goes through. We don't need Jess and Nick to become Ross and Rachel.

In retrospect, I like the Prince episode a lot more. The part with Jess and Prince in the closet is still as funny as ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Max Greenfield was on Conan and discussed the infamous kitten scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0EjT4recc

Whenever I see an interview with Max he's just so loving :3: I want to hang out with the guy and listen to taylor swift with him or something

• Locked thread