Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Paradise Nick is mega chill!

(I wonder if he knows Island Niles)

Everyone knows Island Niles died on that beach.

Might be back on Christmas though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nadia is a dangerous character because I want her to be in every single episode, but her almost random, sporadic appearances make her even funnier.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

raditts posted:

While I agree that Winston is still an unestablished character, the moments of this show that have made me laugh the hardest have all involved him.

"Only my penis" might be one of the least likely ways anyone has ever responded to being asked if they are a virgin.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Two thirds no way that's like a one eighth

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I used to like Daisy and now I hate her.

Steal the cat forever Winston. Steal the cat.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Honestly, I thought Winston-Daisy ended when he couldn't find her apartment.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nick rules and I will have no words to the contrary.

Also I choose to believe that guy really was Future-Nick

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Winston leverages the cat into getting with Elizabeth and it destroys Schmidt.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

George Costanza was hilarious but can you imagine having to deal with someone like that for real

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Esroc posted:

I just don't understand the allure of Seinfeld. I want to. I keep hearing it's a milestone of comedy, but I can sit through an entire episode and not even chuckle. :(

How old are you?

No, really, because it makes a difference.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Midnight City posted:

I almost stopped watching after a few episodes because it seemed way too self promotey-ish how the first few episodes seemed completely about her, the intro, and seeing she was producing/writing. I'm glad I didn't since it's probably my favorite comedy on right now, but even now I find her the least interesting of the main four.

I'm confused. This is like saying that you thought Seinfeld was too much about Jerry Seinfeld.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The show is called New Girl not New Girl and Three Old Guys

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Why isn't it the Batmanmobile

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

StormDrain posted:

Is this a new game? Saying things are fake references?

Any time someone says "I was wrong" they're quoting Obi-Wan talking to Luke about training Anakin.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tupping Liberty posted:

In my attempts to figure out where I knew her face from, she's Chutney from Legally Blonde. And if you don't remember who that is, it's the daughter who actually committed the crime... okay I've seen Legally Blonde too many times.

I can practically quote her word vomit confession perfectly.

brb throwing self in front of train

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Nick is completely right in every way :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I loved Tran turning up in the happy birthday video.

I choose to believe Tran communicates telepathically with Nick.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

Do we really need a State of the Union address every year?? (especially when the president is a lame duck with a diminishing mandate)

Yes, it's in the Constitution.

However, there's only been about 102 State of the Union addresses. There have, however, been about 125 State of the Union reports.

Blame Woodrow Wilson.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

raditts posted:

I think my favorite thing about the episode is that not once did I doubt that Prince did anything in the episode that he doesn't regularly do in his day-to-day life. I can totally buy that he has a trained butterfly that follows him around.

Prince may be the only person alive that can do literally anything and it seem completely reasonable.

He could be going to the supermarket dressed in a lavender silk toga in a platinum chariot pulled by two white tigers and I'd accept it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Phylodox posted:

Seriously. I don't even like Prince and I like Prince.

I definitely don't like Prince, but I feel compelled to defend Prince. He transcends man and is an existence, a force of nature. Like a hurricane. But not violent like a hurricane. More sensual.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

poo poo, I don't even like the Beatles but if someone said "hey are you coming with me to this part, SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY WILL BE THERE" and I'd be like do I have time to buy all new clothes to wear so that I don't look like a slob in front of him?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I remember the video for When Doves Cry and Raspberry Beret being fairly common on MTV/VH1 into the mid-90s and the decline of the music video era.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'd prefer to get sloppy drunk with Zooey Deschanel, but then she's probably convince me to, like, donate money to some sort of case and nothing fun happened AT ALL.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PaganGoatPants posted:

Seems that way. He went from well-functioning adult member of society to a complete sad sack.

That's the trajectory of the man living like Winston.

I, too, know the trials seeing how many envelopes you can stuff in an hour and then seeing if you can do more in the next hour. Worthless sad sack is the turning point.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Majorian posted:

I'm tired of watching sad sacks get drunk

Hits too close to home?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm more convinced now than ever that Tran can communicate telepathically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

hope and vaseline posted:

OK I take it back, it would give him valuable life experience for his zombie novel

I'd be totally on board with going completely off the rails like Get a Life

Nick is undead!
Winston gets struck by lightning while holding Ferguson and now they are one and Winston can shapeshift into Ferguson. This causes Winston and Schmidt to form a detective agency.

• Locked thread