Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I'm like a Hebrew Cheetah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Solice Kirsk posted:

What a lackluster ending to a lackluster season. Man, I hope next season is a return to form.

I'm starting to think this show, starring Zooey Deschanel, would be better if it did not have Zooey Deschanel in it. Rename it Schmidt, Winston, Nick, and Coach Say the Darndest Things.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Jess has completed her character arc. She wanted a position of authority in a school, but was too "free-spirited" to get one. Now that the guys have become the major source of comedy, she's been forced into the role of straight man, which allowed her to accomplish her goals, but doesn't really work for her as a character or for Zooey Deschanel as an actress.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

leidend posted:

The break up plot is awful but I still find myself laughing hard every episode, especially at Winston and Schmidt, but even Jess and Nick are still funny despite their arc.

That's a solid distinction. Even if the breakup wasn't earned, none of the individual characters were particularly hurt by it.

If the writers wanted to go full on sci-fi/zombie/whatever next season, I'd probably find the show just as entertaining. But the "new" in "New Girl" is no longer applicable.

• Locked thread