Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Azure_Horizon posted:

From preview pictures on FB... it look like he falls in love with a cat. I'm prepared for the weird to happen.

He's going to become a crazy cat lady isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

Twee as gently caress posted:

I think for me it's not that the episode itself was bad (though I definitely think it was the weakest this season), it's that Prince can't really act. I understand why they cast him and I like him like anyone else with a pulse and a soul, but it felt mostly like a gimmick. In the end it was just Prince being Prince and people interacting with Prince who's really Prince did I mention Prince?

It felt like individual jokes were funnier than the episode as a whole. Maybe it's just the tired "someone says I love you, the other person freezes (but really really loves them)" and the romcom 'character is on the stage during a musical show and expresses their undying love' thing coupled with Prince's unability to act. I have to admit though, I completely lost it when Prince and Jess were in the closet, and when Cece beat him at ping pong and he just ended up ragequitting.

Honestly if they had brought on Dave Chappelle to play Prince it would have made the episode 100% better and possibly the best one of the season.

The reason the whole episode was focused on Prince is because I think he approached New Girl about being in an episode because he's a fan and you don't say no to Prince. So they wrote an episode that revolved around him even though he can't act. He pretty much cast himself in this episode. It wasn't like they had been planning a Prince episode and were able to land him for the part.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

Did they ever explain on the show what happened to Ferguson? Winston was obsessed with him, but he hasn't been mentioned in weeks now. I understand working with a cat on set is probably difficult, but if they aren't going to write in a way to get him off the show, like he ran away or was taken to the shelter, I wish they'd at least mention him as if he's in the apartment somewhere if they aren't going to show him. I want more Winston/Ferguson shenanigans.

Stabitha fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 13, 2014

• Locked thread