Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

raditts posted:

It's not easy being brown, man.

Wait, you mean Kermit was singing about himself?!? Man, I thought he just felt empathy for green people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Esroc posted:

I just don't understand the allure of Seinfeld. I want to. I keep hearing it's a milestone of comedy, but I can sit through an entire episode and not even chuckle. :(

You're not alone, brother. Or sister.

Sibling.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think Schmidt's gonna get fat again.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I was watching the first episode of Sleeper Cell the other day and there's a scene where a group of thugs attack a Sikh fellow. I recognized two of them. One was Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad. The other?

Yup. Schmidt.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ice skating for fun, not to save life

#mcmouse

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

ApathyGifted posted:

Apparently Nick likes one side of Jess more than the other.

Left to right, the American way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think you're drinking crazy juice. Even the worst episodes of New Girl that I've seen (to be fair I missed the beginning of the first season) give "absolute poo poo" a miss by a very, very comfortable margin.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Man, I just like everyone on this show!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Seriously, no love for Winston's "...I LOVE YOU!!!"?!?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

zoux posted:

Can't believe so many people are hating on Prince for gently caress's sake.

Seriously. I don't even like Prince and I like Prince.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I don't even know how you can complain about the product placement in this show. Seriously. If you're going to promote a product on your show, you might as well go whole hog and get weirdly sexual about its gas mileage.

EDIT: VVV And that was awesome! VVV

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 4, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just do away with commercials entirely. Take those eight minutes and use them for lingering shots of Microsoft tablets and comedy bits about sexualizing gas mileage.

EDIT: Do what Community did and let Subway buy an entire episode (while still maintaining creative control of said episode). Eat fresh!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Plus Prince isn't just a musician or a celebrity. He's a fuckin' experience.

EDIT: VVV Wow, it's like you're trying to be wrong. VVV

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Feb 7, 2014

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nutranurse posted:

TBH ke$ha seems like she'd be more fun at a house party. Sure I'd be thrilled to meet Prince at a party, but can you really party with someone whose persona is Prince's?

Seriously? Ke$ha (or her public persona, at least) seems like the kind of person who would show up uninvited to a house party with a bunch of her friends (who no one else knows) and proceed to get all sloppy drunk, hit on everyone's boyfriend, throw up in at least three inappropriate places, then pass out on the sofa (possibly after a bout of intense sobbing).

Prince seems like the kind of guy who would show up to a house party with a bunch of his body guards (who everyone is afraid of) and stand off in the corner nodding sagely while ignoring absolutely everyone until he calmly just walks out, leaving all the party-goers with the lingering feeling that they've been silently judged and found unworthy.

I mean, neither seem like they'd be really fun at a party, but I'd have to go with Prince because at least I would have to steam clean my duvet afterwards.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nutranurse posted:

The former sounds way more fun than the latter (cause you just get sloppy drunk too, problem solved!).

I don't know if becoming part of the problem actually solves it, though. I mean, sure, you're not feeling uncomfortable anymore, but everyone at your party is still standing around awkwardly while you gyrate on top of a table to a song that hasn't been playing for ten minutes, now, and instead of having to worry about finding one person's hidden vomit stashes for the next week you've got to worry about your own, too.

Which, I dunno, maybe you're into that, that's cool, whatever.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, see, I think I see the problem, here. I'm not seventeen, anymore. The poo poo you're talking about isn't "having a good time" when you're my age, it's alcoholism.

Also, Ke$ha doesn't seem, like, offensive as a person (though I'm really not fond of her music). She just seems aggressively boring. Like, if you're not into getting humorously drunk and acting like a teenager.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Epi Lepi posted:

Have you ever seen her on like, Conan or any of those shows? She seems like the sweetest little weirdo to me and I would totally love to hang out with her. Too many people make the mistake of hearing Tick Tock and assumin that's the sum total of Ke$ha.

Yeah, I just watched an interview with her from Jimmy Kimmel because I do my research, goddammit. Like I said, she seems spacy...not terribly bright...just, like, an average kid at best. That said, that was an interview and not a house party. I did base my estimation of her house party etiquette on her public persona. I think the best that could happen to her is that her career ends and she goes on to live a normal life and doesn't go crazy like Britney Spears.

That said, not someone I would choose to hang out with. Doesn't even seem like the most interesting of the current crop of pop stars. At least she's not Robin Thicke, I guess.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Yoshifan823 posted:

I want to hold a round table with Ke$ha, Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Rhianna, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez. Me and Beyoncé can moderate.

No Demi Lovato?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, Justin Bieber is someone I can honestly say I just don't like as a person.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Uh, excuse me, theorizing what it would be like, thank you very much.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mordiceius posted:

I like it because it feels almost like a natural extension of the show.

Nick and Coach go along with Winston to his police exam and somehow, through wacky hijinx, end up becoming police officers.

Winston fails yet again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ravel posted:

I think the actors have been given a lot more freedom to improvise in their dialogue and the humour is suffering.

That is, like, exactly the opposite of my thinking. Every episode has about seven to fifteen minutes of actual plot material, the rest is just the cast goofing around and it's fantastic. The chemistry between everyone is what sets the show apart. Personally, I'd be cool with them doing a whole episode of just "Here's a premise, no script, just go".

EDIT: VVV Yeah, it was this season because last season culminated in Cece's wedding where Schmidt had to choose one or the other which continued into this season with him pretending to each of them that he had chosen them. VVV

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 20, 2014

• Locked thread