Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love that one side of her life, the non-crime side, is all-white, and the other, crimier side is all-black.

Please, you don't know. Those children could be criminals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Merauder posted:

They'll be working with them on it. Why NBC isn't just ponying up the :10bux: to make it happen I don't know, but whatever, so long as it happens I'm cool with it. :)

It could be the same reason the Veronica Mars movie got kickstarted. NBC might not think there's really much interest in a real Cones of Dunshire, so they are gonna kickstart it to prove them wrong. YOU'RE DEAD WRONG NBC

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

hope and vaseline posted:

Dammit NBC why aren't you taking advantage of Prattmania (Well I guess there's SNL but still)

Probably because the show is already done and eight episodes or whatever isn't gonna do anything. Just be happy we'll see Pratt elsewhere for a long time.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Were the cones metaphors?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Well, yes and no.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Reverse Centaur posted:

Probably because the show is already done and eight episodes or whatever isn't gonna do anything. Just be happy we'll see Pratt elsewhere for a long time.

Wait where else will Pratt be featured if not on P&R?

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

SweetJahasus posted:

Wait where else will Pratt be featured if not on P&R?

After his success in Guardians, not to mention other big screen roles he's landed in the last couple years, it's safe to say "everywhere".

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Merauder posted:

After his success in Guardians, not to mention other big screen roles he's landed in the last couple years, it's safe to say "everywhere".

He's the lead in Jurassic World next year too.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Season 6 hit Netflix this week, and while rewatching I'm reminded how goddamn awesome Tatiana Maslany was in her few appearances. I really, really hope she makes an appearance in season 7, though [cast spoiler ahead] apparently the actress who played Lucy will be back, so there's a good chance we've seen the last of Nadia, sadly.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I marathoned the series in about 3 weeks. I love this drat show.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Wait! This show got renewed for another season? I recently marathoned it, but the last episode really felt like a series finale. They even did a timeskip to show how everyone turned out.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Yes, the show is back in the Spring for a final (short) season. They're sticking with the time lapse for the remaining episodes.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Season six had two episodes that felt like series finales to me. The one where Ann and Chris leave really felt like a finale. My wife thought it was the series finale.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

It's been teetering on the verge on cancellation at least once a season (the Harvest Festival, Leslie's wedding, and Ann and Chris leaving are all possible "this might be it!" moments IIRC, in addition to all of the season finales) because it's tended to get renewed in half-seasons then extended when all of NBC's new comedies crash and burn. They've all been really good episodes, so that's a really good sign for this season.

e: Actually I don't remember liking the one that launched the recall plot but aside from that, they're all pretty good. And it gave us the best Andy face.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Not sure if this was previously known already, but the official FB posted January 13th for the final return of the show. I'm *literally* looking forward to this more than Christmas.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

According to Sepinwall, it'll air on Tuesdays, with back-to-back episodes every week besides the premier and the one-hour finale, through January and February.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Yup, they are really burning through those episodes.
I wonder what amazing performing show they are going to put in it's slow when its over.

Still, Looking forward to it. Knowing it is the last season should allow them one hell of a final 13.

malleusmalefic
Jan 1, 2014
Sad that they are kind of just throwing them away like they don't give a poo poo, because this show is very important to me. But also it'll be fun to have back to back episodes.

This show has stayed pretty consistently wonderful

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Zedd posted:

I wonder what amazing performing show they are going to put in it's slow when its over.

I really hope it's some kind of cop procedural. About maybe a young female cop who loses her license and has an immigrant taxi driver transport her. Smells like money.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

El Tortuga posted:

I really hope it's some kind of cop procedural. About maybe a young female cop who loses her license and has an immigrant taxi driver transport her. Smells like money.
Sounds like that fake show in 30Rock that Jenna featured in. :v:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

The scheduling makes sense if NBC doesn't think they have another show that would do better following Parks and Rec.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Zedd posted:

Yeah, sure... Fake...

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

El Tortuga posted:

Eh. I'll pass. Maybe it could work better with a quirky procedural cop comedy featuring a female divorce who has to juggle her home life tending to her two kids with her police work. And just to shake things up a bit, her stubborn soon-to-be ex-husband who refuses to sign the papers could be her new boss in the police department!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Zedd posted:

If NBC had an amazing performing show, it wouldn't have renewed P&R.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I'm Irish Joe. I don't like anything. But I have the best red text in all of Something Awful.

Fixed that for ya.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

He's still right. Parks and Rec only exists because NBC can't find anything better.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Season 7 trailer is out: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/16/parks-and-recreation-final-season-trailer-2017/

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Man this is either going to be amazing or a disaster.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Lugaloco posted:

Man this is either going to be amazing or a disaster.

If the tail end of last season was any indication, kinda both at the same time.

They lost some really good writers, man. I'm worried.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Kinda wishing they'd just set it up that the last season finale was the series finale. I have no doubt the new season will be funny, but still.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

luckily even if this season sucks you can always have season 6 be the finale since it tied up all loose ends

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

There is the worry that the show could date really quickly, but since when it airs it will be taking place in the far future of only two years away, I have to imagine all the tech stuff will be done in a very jokey fashion.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Andy has Star Lord's space helmet but only uses it when Jerry farts. Nobody comments on this at all.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Senor Tron posted:

There is the worry that the show could date really quickly, but since when it airs it will be taking place in the far future of only two years away, I have to imagine all the tech stuff will be done in a very jokey fashion.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

grilldos posted:

If the tail end of last season was any indication, kinda both at the same time.

They lost some really good writers, man. I'm worried.

Who'd they lose?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
New thread will be incoming tonight or tomorrow, I'm working on it. :)

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Annakie posted:

New thread will be incoming tonight or tomorrow, I'm working on it. :)

Less than a week to go, isn't there? How very exciting!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Pope Guilty posted:

Less than a week to go, isn't there? How very exciting!

This is lit'rally the best news I've heard all day.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Zedd posted:

That was the Rurrrr Jurrrr :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I've been marathoning the show on Netflix in anticipation for the next season. So excited and so sad at the same time, much like therapy period Chris Traeger.

• Locked thread