Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I think the only thing I didn't like about this episode was the "leaving Pawnee wasn't so bad maybe we should travel more" bit at the end felt to me like the show saying "you know how after a few seasons sitcom characters seem to travel all the time? Well get ready!"

At least when Parks does it it's still hilarious so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It blows my mind that people flock to CBS and watch whatever poo poo show they air every day of the week over various quality shows on other networks. Is there some reason for this other than bad taste? I'm picturing something to do with the broadcast signal being easier to detect or something. I dunno I'm just grasping for some explanation because that whole network is just bad.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
French horn and Ron wondering why most people are bad at eating were my highlights.

Didn't like April at all this episode. Tom and Donna were pretty obnoxious too this week. Maybe it's me.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 4, 2013

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm inconsistent with my product placement hate. Sometimes a car will pull right into the screen with a big Lexus logo in your face or something and I'll be annoyed. Other times like on an episode of New Girl last season one of the characters is modeling for a car ad and a lot of people complained about watching a commercial in the middle of the episode but I wasn't bothered at all because it made sense for the character and the scene was funny.

edit: and I didn't even notice any product placement in this weeks P&R

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"I'd rewatch Twin Peaks then hit the Twin Peaks message boards and read the Secret Diary of Laura Palmer to find any easter eggs I'd missed."

Ben is probably the most believable nerd ever on television.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Waffle breakfast. What the hell is wrong with both of you?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

TheBizzness posted:

Parks and Rec is on network television though?

I'm betting there aren't a lot of people with antennas anymore. I bought one recently and it's cool for watching football for free but otherwise I keep it in the closet.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
One of these years they will just admit defeat and air cheaper to produce garbage or infomercials or something in its place.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Jerry was on a recent Comedy Bang Bang podcast episode which I didn't see mentioned here. It was the worst.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm okay with the character but hated something about the "A FULL HOUR" line which seemed to be popular with Craig fans.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I refuse to let this show end without Bill Murray as Gunderson. If this means we go 11 seasons and the entire original cast is gone except Jerry then that's the way it has to be.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Gunderson had been mentioned a few times and Pohler has said he will only be on the show if they can get Murray

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Pawnee host's reaction to the "human garbage" line was really funny.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Yeah I'm starting to think I only liked Craig in the kids birthday episode.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Sting me bees it does NOTHING!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

pksage posted:

Really proud that Parks just dropped Ron's baby in the way they did. Not only is it the most Ron Swanson way to do it, but it avoids the always-annoying "HEY LOOK, HEY, IT'S A BABY GUYS, HEY VIEWERS CARE ABOUT THIS BABY" episode.

It was a little too similar to how they did his wedding at the start of the season but no less great.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm okay with a 7th season but it needs to be a 7th and final season and they should know it's final up front.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I thought he was fine when talking to Andy about where to go see bands and in a few other scenes. In that scene he seemed kinda agitated but wasn't YELLING FOR NO REASON.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Good news. I like them knowing early. They've ended the show well like 3 times already so I'm optimistic they can put something cool together knowing for sure this time. Especially after the time skip. Should be a fun season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm okay with a shorter season if it means fewer breaks. The most frustrating thing about watching network tv as its aired are the constant several week breaks.

• Locked thread