Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I want to pickle me some pork for red beans this weekend, I see two methods, one just distilled white vinegar and the other has apple cider and water. What's better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm not making two batches so it'll ultimately be mixed and I wouldn't be able to tell regardless.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

holy smokes just use your oven for the roux and never worry about it again. If you have one of those IR ceramic tops it's basically mandatory so the full blast toggling doesn't burn it.

Gitmo, please never waste crawfish/shrimp like that again for your stock. I'm envious you wasted so little money, that would have been easily 140$ here.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

isn't a premade roux just browned flour?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Seems a bit spicy, good thing they removed the clove of garlic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

oven rouxs are lazy and don't need a vid.

oven 400 or w/e

stir every half hour until color is as you want it

sucks to do this in the summer