Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
You can always try and find a nice smoked paprika to dash in as you see fit. It's probably not traditional but if you're looking for a bit more smoke and depth than it can't hurt, plus it'll be even redder!!

guppy posted:

2. I used white pepper instead of black pepper because for some reason in my head that was the authentic thing to do. Everyone in here seems to be using black pepper so I'm assuming that's not true.

Always black pepper for Cajun/Creole food. Always

Good on you for finding Crystal though! poo poo is loving delicious and is the best thing ever for red beans and rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU