Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

So, someone told me "holy trinity" was equal amoumts by volume of chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, and mashed garlic. How religious is the onion-pepper-celery version seen in this thread and how sacreligious is the onion-pepper-garlic version i've heard elsewhere? Because boy howdy, garlic is the best. If celery is canon I may just have to include it while tripling or quadrupling the garlic content in most cajun recipes (I do this with most recipes anyway, mmmm garlic).

I don't know about the other Louisiana goons in here, but I grew up with lots of garlic in addition to the trinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Breaky posted:

Trinity was always, and I mean always, onion, celery, bell pepper, never heard anyone say otherwise. But yeah, we used garlic considerably depending on the recipe.

Maybe it's like the John the Baptist to the Trinity.... :v:

It's funny because if you use onion/celery/carrot (the traditional French trinity) you wind up with a tasty, but very different, base flavor.

I can't wait to begin my career as a flavorist with that insightful statement.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

If you can get your hands on some Savoie's andouille, you're in good shape. I know some goons don't like to go with the most mainstream thing available, but it's still good sausage.

Failing that! As Hollis said, garlicly, spicy sausage will do great.

I'm also really lazy and missing easy-to-get white boudin.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 22, 2013

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hollis posted:

Oh cool yeah my family is originally from Pineville and Rapides parish, I grew up further north when I was younger in Colfax and Rock Hill during the summers so meat pies were pretty common.

I'm from Pineville :colbert:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hollis posted:

Cool, what year did you go to Pineville High?

I'm an oldie, graduated in '91.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Hollis posted:

You graduated with my sister then. We probably know each other. SA is such a strange place sometimes. Did you ever go to Major League Cards and Comics over on HWY 28? My family went to Brother Roberts church the Pentecostal one.

Anyway yea weird.

I went in and bought some Magic cards there back in the 90s, yeah. Also my parents weren't wild-eyed Pentecostals, we're god-fearing Episcopals that beat y'all to Picadilly every Sunday!

In all seriousness, nice to meet some Pinevillians on SA, no matter what your stripe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Don't sperg out on the tomatoes, seriously. Canned are fine, and you won't lose any "autheniticy points" using them.

They're fine!

[e] Do you have any idea what the old-school people made this poo poo with? It wasn't the finest ingredients available.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 7, 2014