Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I have not made shrimp or crayfish etoufee in years, about the time a few local shops stopped stocking crystal :( Going on a quest for the one true sauce and whipping up another batch before Thanksgiving. I should probably make my first gumbo before Christmas while I am at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Had some extra cash on my last shopping trip And splurged on some sausage and shrimp. Jumbalaya will be happening this week.

And I have seasoned crawfish shells in the freezer to stock-ify and mate with chicken in an étouffée later. Time to get back into roux-crazed Cajun dishes.

Sadly, wild crawfish are not as prominent in the streams and lakes here as they once were and the little buggers are spendy to buy. But lobster is regularly on sale as cheap/cheaper than sale haddock, so I am going to make some Down East gumbo/étouffée and make no apologies.

Comedy option: throw a dinner party with this stuff, sell a rifle to help fund a Cajun accordion, arrange some French-Canadian folk tunes for it, and have possibly the best party ever.