Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Frank's?

Frank's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

In my opinion, there is no general-purpose hot sauce. There are tons of different hot sauces that have tons of different applications. However, when it comes to Creole or Cajun-style dishes, Crystal comes the closest. If you want more heat, add something hot to the dish, like whatever hot peppers you have on hand, cayenne, whatever. Tabasco is fine if that's all you have, and often it is.

But Frank's is just worthless to me, wings or otherwise.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I've taken to having a few spears of pickled okra with almost every meal. It's been some years now that I've done this, like 6 or 7 years. My wife thinks it's weird. My grandfather, who admittedly is originally from east Texas, has a sweet Vidalia onion at every meal that he slices from amidst bites of whatever we're having.

I was originally going to ask this thread for some form of validation, but then I thought about it. gently caress it. I'm going to keep my giant jar of pickled okra in my fridge, and I'm going to have at least three spears with each meal.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I'm fan of okra in all its forms. Even stewed and slimy.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I'm fan of okra in all its forms. Even stewed and slimy.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Klyith posted:

pickled okra is loving great, I would be right there with you eating it every day if I didn't live in new york

Do they not make proper bloody marys in New York? I've been a few times but never ordered one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Klyith posted:

I'm sure if I went to a fancy bar where your bloody mary comes with a salad on top I might find a pickled okra. I do not go to fancy bars.

I used to bring back a jar or two of pickled okra when visiting family in NC, and then I would put a picked okra in my bloody mary at home. But I decided that chow chow was a better use of limited baggage space.

Pickled anything is a good use of bag space. If that's what you prefer, good on you.