Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
I spent a month in Lafayette earlier this year, and it made me realize that not all of the deep south is a horrible shithole! Since then, I've been trying to get all of the cajun food I can stuff in my gullet- chief among my desires is boudin! Nobody sells it in Va, and I'm not sure I want it badly enough to pay almost $100 to get some shipped here.

Also, I lived in Mississippi and Alabama for a few years, and I quickly grew to hate catfish...every friday in montgomery was fish-fry-friday, and the entire city would reek of badly fried catfish(as opposed to the usual stink of paper mill and depression). The only good catfish I've ever had was served atop some crawfish etouffee at some random little diner in Scott(I think?). I have tried my damnedest to replicate it, but it seems that the catfish we get up here is just poo poo in comparison. I've even tried paying out the rear end for the fresh stuff at the wegmans fish counter, but it still tasted like the same garbage you get anywhere else.

Anyway, I don't really remember where I was going with all of this, but cajun and creole food is pretty great. What is also great is the happy hour at the local cajun joint- $2.50 drafts of Abita beers, which is an amazing deal around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU