Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

wwb posted:

No, but it seems that ala is down . . .

They front-paged HN, seem to have recovered now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Gul Banana posted:

NTFS. You're right that *installing* packages has no issue -this is because npm uses relative paths. But I can't, say, scp the result around, or uninstall them, or work with them in many source control apps (even to gitignore them). Are people just.. living with this?

My I present an actual back and forth between people on a github issue from 2014 about this:

"FYI Node (and thus npm) always uses UNC paths internally, before actually calling into the filesystem. It is only third-party tools that have a problem. (Unfortunately one of those third-party tools is Windows Explorer, but, that's Microsoft's bug...)"

"Claiming therefore, that Windows supports long paths ... is a(n) entirely disingenuous attempt to misrepresent the actual reality."

"I don't really care about whatever word games you want to play around the word "support." Sure, if you wish, all I'm saying is that Node and npm are Windows compatible software that support long paths."

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Newf posted:

Does there exist any tool that parses a page's source to produce a report on the dependencies being used?

Eg, It'd be rad to have a brower plugin that can report to component X is rendered with react, that the page is styled with bootstrap, etc etc.

Wappalyzer for (at least) Chrome does this, though I'm not sure how good/accurate it is.