Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Have you read this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It depends on how many entry points your app has, and which files each entry point needs on initial load.

I'm a RequireJS fanatic, but it sounds like you're just concatenating and minifying everything together and loading it everywhere? In that case there's no big advantage except being ~part of the future~.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

My current secret weapon in the dependency management wars is nix, the all-encompassing package manager of pure functional doom.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

I have. I'm not sure what you're looking for. If you strip out all the optional bits, it's pretty straight-forward to hand-roll on both the front- and back-end.

Don't do that, though; just look for your language(s) in the list of implementations on that site.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Ellie, an embeddable jsfiddle-a-like for Elm. Even installs packages.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Skandranon posted:

I really don't like SSE because you can't actually attach a callback to ALL messages, you MUST subscribe to certain keys. This makes it hard to inspect the general stream and find out if the backend has a typo in the messages it is sending.

I thought you could, with onmessage().

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

quote:

Calling npx <command> when <command> isn’t already in your $PATH will automatically install a package with that name from the npm registry for you, and invoke it.

The related gif doesn't show a confirmation dialogue, so start registering your typosquatting packages now and brainstorming amusing things for them to do.