Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Can't believe I missed this coming out, I'll probably go pick it up tomorrow for PS3. Gotta get my robot fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Store didn't have it so I'm still downloading it. Also I don't have a mic (yet).

e: There's no way it's going to be done so I'm just going to leave it on overnight and pick up a mic tomorrow after work. Hopefully I can plow through enough of the story that I have the money for a decent build before the end of tomorrow.

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 26, 2013

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Nanomashoes posted:

Also, I got to the final boss and it kinda blew my mind a little. It's The White Glint. And you have to fight him in an ACV-era AC. He towers over you and your guns can't even penetrate his kojima shield. Also a remix of Remember plays during the fight. Holy gently caress that's fantastic.

His intro cutscene is basically the AC4A opening. :allears: Phase 2 is horeshit though. I feel like it's probably going to be as bad as that last 5 v 2 in AC4A on Hard.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I would help and bring a giga missile, but unfortunately I played V on 360 and my 360 broke so I don't have any of my old parts.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
They did a good job of making operator really fun to play and there are some really cool support setups you can make, so it's pretty easy to be helpful to your team even if you haven't played a lot.

Also is it just me or is one of the maps basically just the Spirit of Motherwill's wreck?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

hail satan

Driving the autocannon bus is super fun so I think I'll try to refine a good build for tank legs. Also I need to get a better mic so I can hear what's going on without pressing it into my ear.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
More people should get online and play world matches with us!

KongMu posted:

I just joined the Goonal Cortex. I haven't really played an AC game since AC 4 though. Any general pointers on balanced mech building? Someone below mentioned KE weapons but are there any other good ideas for beginners?

The easiest general way to think of things is like a rock paper scissors game, where you can only really have high defense against one thing. Most of the defense comes from the legs and then the core, so you can usually tell by sight what someone will be weak to.

Tanks and heavy bipeds are strong against TE, quads and reverse joints are strong against CE, and medium or light bipeds are strong against KE. If you want something balanced, bring weapons so you can cover one of each damage type. Medium bipeds are still the easiest to play, while I think quads are probably the hardest now. Tank legs are really good now because you can run dual autocannons and shred most people, but they're one of those deals that's easy to learn but hard to master.

The last boss drops one of each ultimate weapon so we'll usually farm him with dual autocannon tanks. (dual autocannons own)

Other than that, it's a lot harder to make a straight up bad AC with all the rebalancing that they did. Stick with your team and focus fire on someone they're shooting at and you'll be better than 50% of the people playing the game.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
ACVD Link is pretty cool. Made it to C rank thanks to a bad French team. :toot:

Also:

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

lokipunk posted:

It doesn't seem to put out the damage I was hoping for. Was using a KE rifle and a kurasawa a bad plan?

Rifle + Kurasawa is good, but Kurasawa + Kurasawa + Energy Amp is horseshit. You can almost one shot anyone you hit with that.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Too bad they're all lovely UNAC kills that I stole.

Light RJs are amazing so I think I'm going to split my time between those and tank builds.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
hahaha oh god I just got picked up by some random F- new guy with a junk mech who happened to pick two other really good mercs. We then got matched up against an SSS team and completely murdered them.

Mercenary mode is the best.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
im mad at robots

We need more people on pretty badly.

e: Not now, just in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I've got a gigantic horrible final coming up on Tuesday so I probably won't be on until after that.

• Locked thread