Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
I can start a 360 team but is it region locked ? I'm EU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Made a 360 team.

Name: Goon Bots
Pw: lljk

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
To add to the OP, I unlocked the UNAS thingies and I'm disapointed.

Basically UNAC are AC's that you build with the parts you have and then upgrade their capabilities with money or loading operation files. I don't know what the upgrades actually do, mine is Lv3 everything and I can't see any difference.

The second part is the AI system, you basically load basic blocks (movements, using weapons, scanning) onto the UNAC and then configure scenarios for each block (example: movements>close range / medium range). The parameters you can edit are pretty basic but their description is also badly translated so you'll have to experiment. But what makes the system stupid is that you have to basically write down your weapons stats like optimal range to then configure the blocks depending on the weapons the UNAC have equipped.

When you modify parameters it uses up some points that I don't know about, maybe it is linked to the leveling up ??

It seems the UNAC cannot equip some parts you unlocked in story mode like the special arms with built in howitzer.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like your UNAC cannot fight without you weither you're playing or not, UNAC's are basically AI Mercenaries that were added as a band aid for the bad matching system so people can still play world mode alone with a team full of AI.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Okay, I've never played an Armored Core game before and just picked up a PS3 last month. Which game would you fine chaps recommend that I start out with? For Answer? This one? I'm a little overwhelmed looking at the amount of games in the series and the wildly varying opinions on them.

If you want to play with other players you should pick up this one because Armored Core games have terrible multiplayers are usually deserted 2 months after the game release. Also I hope this game is region locked because I played 2 games as a merc yesterday with the superb income of -75,000 (yes negative income I actually spent money to be a merc) and I'm actually ranked something like 40th at the leaderboard and there is a whopping total of about 80 players on that leaderboard.

While 80 EU players total is pretty scary, it's even scarier if it's worldwide.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

randombattle posted:

So assuming the entire player base vanishes over night for this game would there still be a game to play or will this be like ACV where once the player base leaves the game will be boring and not fun? I always liked the single player stuff way more then the multiplayer in this but if it's still got such a focus on mp I think I'll pass.

Like they keep saying it's got a single player campaign and stuff but is that just a short little thing or a real AC campaign? Definitely gonna wait for a hands on before I get it.

It's pretty short but they added the AI so you can play the online thing even without players

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Cheap Trick posted:

I joined the PS3 team (PSN: Uninformed).

Could someone give me some real basic tips on tactics and what parts to buy first, stuff like that? I haven't played any Armored Core games before, and as a testament to my lack of skill, I barely made it through the second story mission with 170 health points (?) left.

KE Weapons are easier to use (Gatlings, Rifles, Battle Rifles) also try to stay in optimal range for those weapons. Don't use Junk parts

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
360 team is still empty what's up ?

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Mission 10 is loving hard been trying for hours, when I get to phase 2 I get destroyed instantly

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Still no luck at beating the final boss, this fight is bullshit. Also 360 team is still empty please enlist

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Im not playing this week because GTA so feel free to ask team permissions if you want to manage stuff (on 360)

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
I'm disbanding the 360 team, playing with UNACS is not fun

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

I got AC:V on 360 and was severely disappointed compared to the 4 storyline. I also didn't get LIVE until recently and didn't get to play online at all.

I'd buy this, but I guess everybody is on PS3? Sadness.

Here's hoping next-gen AC is even better (and here's holding out for a good remake of the old games, too).

Yep, you can play online now but things haven't really changed, teams are still useless and we paid an update full price to be able to play with UNACS instead of not being able to play at all.

Also if you're on 360 good luck, I made the goon team and was still alone in it after 2 weeks so gave up on the game, at least if you can find a nerd this game sells for a good price since it's unfindable anywhere.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

Is this game fun? I used to play the poo poo out of AC2 back in like, 2001 or something. I beat all 150 bad guys and all the missions. I would have to get this for xbox if that makes a difference.

Buy AC5 for cheap and make yourself an opinion, Verdict day is like AC5 with a 3.99 DLC sold for full price. No difference whatsoever between the 2 games except some added parts and the AI companion feature (which is terrible).

They are so similar that the 4 or 5 times I played Verdict Day, I thought I put classic AC5 in my console by mistake.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

I'll check again, cheers.

Any tips on re-configuring the controls? Seems pretty stupid to keep high boost on Square when that means losing access to the right stick.

Yeah but the control config UI is so atrocious that you will regret thinking about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Lexorin posted:

Should I assume that buying this now would be a huge waste of time/money?

Even buying it at launch was a big waste

• Locked thread