Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reive
May 21, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Jeez. There used to be a time when I was all over new Armored Cores. Now? :effort:

Is From still using that same stupid always-on DRM they used in V which locks you out of even starting the game if you don't have an internet connection or their servers just aren't feeling it that day? Because that poo poo can go straight to hell. Thank you.

I played the singleplayer in V fine without being connected at all :confused:

I really like the controls and feel of V's gameplay, but the campaign is OK as far as I've played, not as awesome as some of the stories though, I hope Verdict is better.

Also this is the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVf_5WPpQfI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reive
May 21, 2009

Is there a demo? If not any impressions yet?

Reive
May 21, 2009

So how did V-Day turn out?
Is it still heavily online focused or can you still enjoy it single player?
I really like the gameplay of 5, but I'm finding it difficult to obtain new parts/weapons on my own, which is a turn off, and I don't have XBL anymore.

Reive
May 21, 2009

So I want to go back to a PS2 era AC game, but I can't decide which one to play, definitely don't have the time to play more than one, I've been looking at the wiki and the gameplay changes for each entry seems so different.

I LOVED AC2 back in the day, but the lack of analog seems like it wouldn't be fun to go back to.

Another Age doesn't sound like my cup of tea, sounds like too much content (I wish we could complain about that in today's games!), plus I don't think it has analog either.

I liked AC3 as well but I remember it getting really difficult really fast? Was that an actual issue or was that just me sucking at games back then?

The changes for Silent Line sound too tedious.

Nexus sounds good but I'd like to hear some opinions on it.

Ninebreaker sounds like it'd be fun if I like arena fighting, which I do, I'll probably get around to playing it in between other games just for pure combat.

I played Last Raven and I remember the parts damage system being an absolute nightmare, I'm not sure I'd want to go back to it.

What are your thoughts? What should I play...

Reive
May 21, 2009

Moochewmoo posted:

So this is 5 bucks on the psn right now. It's there any goons still playing?

Is any of the dlc worth grabbing?

I'm playing... 360. :v:
But that's a steal, I got it a week ago for $15 and feel justified, it's better than V by a mile, and if you don't find anyone to play with the single player is actually pretty enjoyable.

• Locked thread