Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I got AC:V on 360 and was severely disappointed compared to the 4 storyline. I also didn't get LIVE until recently and didn't get to play online at all.

I'd buy this, but I guess everybody is on PS3? Sadness.

Here's hoping next-gen AC is even better (and here's holding out for a good remake of the old games, too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sh4 posted:

Yep, you can play online now but things haven't really changed, teams are still useless and we paid an update full price to be able to play with UNACS instead of not being able to play at all.

Also if you're on 360 good luck, I made the goon team and was still alone in it after 2 weeks so gave up on the game, at least if you can find a nerd this game sells for a good price since it's unfindable anywhere.

Yeah, I fired it up a few weeks ago thinking I'd try online and just setting it up and figuring out how to do it was intimidating enough that I didn't bother.

Yeah, I read about how that went. It's really too bad. :(

FM posted:

If it helps, the storyline in this game is much more robust than the incoherent, minimalist setup of ACV. It's not quite like 4/4A (though there are touches of it there), but more along the lines of Last Raven. It even fills in quite a few gaps in the previous game which were left inferred or unstated, such as the nature of ACs as weapons retrieved from deep underground, remnants of a previous era. (In this game, not only are ACs now mass produced, they've been developing new parts to boot.) Some holes still haven't been filled, but I'm not that far through the game, nor have I fought for all the war factions yet (which unlocks profile info too!)

I honestly didn't feel like ACV was minimalist, I felt like half of it got lost in translation and localization. Not sure how I feel about ACs as lost technology, but I remember enjoying Last Raven even though I didn't play anything in between it and Silent Line and was kind of lost towards the end of its storyline. I honestly liked the story of AC4 the most, even though its ending got butchered by the translators.

Seems like From just needs hire actual translators/English writers and it would solve a lot of their plot issues. :(

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A MIRACLE posted:

Is this game fun? I used to play the poo poo out of AC2 back in like, 2001 or something. I beat all 150 bad guys and all the missions. I would have to get this for xbox if that makes a difference.

Not for full price then, probably. If you're just looking for single player (functionally no multiplayer on Xbox anyway), you'll be disappointed compared to the old school stuff like AC2, if its anything like AC5 was. Wait for a price drop, I'd say.

• Locked thread