Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Refused
Sep 6, 2005
Some general advice-

Scan enemy ACs, always. Damage typing is hugely important in AC duels. Any time I had difficulty with a mission adjusting my AC to better deal with damage types got me past it.

The typical all-purpose weapon loadout I used was Battle Rifle/Gatling/HE Machine Gun/Laser blade. When you come up against tank ACs later on, throw on dual pile drivers and one/two shot those assholes. Energy weapons other than laser blades are tough to use, I found the pulse gun shotgun things to be the most useful when I had to go with them. For large, predictable enemies like the unmanned robot things you will come up against, rockets are amazing. Shields are actually really good, too. They can make you nearly invulnerable if an enemy relies on a single damage type heavily (like, say, the final boss. I don't remember missiles being very good in this game compared to the rest of the series, you can't really put out the same volume of fire and CWIS shuts you down completely, as mentioned. All the standstill cannon type weapons I also found to be pretty terrible in the little time I tried to use them.

The best cash grinding mission I can think of comes fairly late in the story, you'll fight a single AC that literally sits completely still in a little crater. You can run up and blow him away really quickly.

Can't say much about UNACs, I never really programmed one, just used the preset rentals. The tank and the sniper presets are both useful for drawing attention, but I usually did most of the work on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread