Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Elswyyr posted:

I wanna try playing Karok, but I saw some people mention that he gets really bad in the late game, and pretty much only spams one attack over and over? Is this true? I just want to hit dudes with clubs and punch them.

Pillar Karok is boing to me, my Karok is a Cestus. You can always put points into the shared skills until you get Cestus, try them both, then put points into weapon specific skills for whichever one you like more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Cestus Karok is fun as gently caress if you can get use to the damage absorb mechanic. Plus once you get the hang of it armor is completely optional until you get to hero mode.

This has been what I've looked like for roughly 20 levels. Pubbies love it.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

The next few weekends are gonna be mad laggy. Maggy.

Nexon posted:

Attention, mercenaries!
School's back in session, and the weather's turning gloomy... It's the perfect time for a pick-me-up. So starting this weekend, we'll be hosting special events from 5pm to 8pm (PDT) every Saturday and Sunday for the next three weekends!

Triple Weekend Event Schedule

10/5 and 10/6 (5pm-8pm, Pacific)

2x AP Event: Get double AP in Battles.
2x EXP Event: Get double EXP in Battles.

10/12 and 10/13 (5pm-8pm, Pacific)

Evil Core +1 Event: Get an extra drop for every boss kill.
Free Dye Event: Get a free dye just for logging in during the event time.

10/19 and 10/20 (5pm-8pm, Pacific)

Raid +1 Event: Allows you to participate in one extra raid.
Free Rebirth Event: Free Goddess Grace .

Enjoy the pick-me-up! And stay tuned, because right after it's over, we've got something even bigger and more "eventful" in store!
If you've never played during a free grace event, it's some of the best fun you can have in Vindictus. You can go nuts on bosses without giving any fucks about your own safety. It's pretty great.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Here's a look at a bunch of Hurk skills. This part of the translation is my favorite:

quote:

Active: Execution

Description (Google Translation):
  • Great Sword executed by the enemy then slam stung technology.
  • You can specify the direction of striking down the enemy.
  • Skill The higher the rank the more powerful the attack is possible, at the same time, the number of the enemy that can stick, when to hit the enemy down is to increase the amount of SP gained.
Vindictus: Slam Stung Technology

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 7, 2013

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Mutha
Fuckin
Bingo

Nexon posted:

B-I-N-G-O! Event
Event Dates Wednesday, October 9, 2013 through Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Objective Fill out as many lines of your bingo board as you can! More lines = more prizes!
Event Details

Every player gets one randomly generated bingo board for the duration of the event.
Talk to the Strange Traveler each day to get one Bingo Ticket. Each Bingo Ticket gives you one number.
Warning: At the end of the event, all bingo items will disappear, including any unclaimed
prizes! Be sure to use your Bingo Tickets and Special Bingo Boxes and claim your prizes before October 22nd!

Rewards 1 bingo: A random consumable item.
3 bingos: Battle Bingo AP Box

AP 1000 Capsule
AP 2000 Capsule
AP 5000 Capsule

5 bingos: Panda Upper Avatar
8 bingos: Panda Head Avatar
Blackout (the entire board): 1 Rare Panda Pet
This event has happened once before but the reward was better then. It's very important that you not redeem your prizes until the last day of the event. Otherwise, you lose your board and numbers.

Also:

Almost a good Duke Nukem. This is more like "Le Marquis Atomique."

Also Bar Part 2:

Charles Train will have Charles's hat as a drop.

Just when you thought you were safe from fedoras...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Wish EU got half the cool poo poo the US got. :(

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Pierson posted:

Wish EU got half the cool poo poo the US got. :(

It's ok all you get from bingo is like 2 pieces of trash unless you pay 30 dollars.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Bakalakadaka posted:

It's ok all you get from bingo is like 2 pieces of trash unless you pay 30 dollars.

This more or less describes the entire late game, I'm told.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Shine posted:

This more or less describes the entire late game, I'm told.

That's an incomplete description - you have to pay another 130 dollars to +10 your trash.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Season 1 daily endbosses drop tickets now, so you might get a blackout without paying realbux for numbers.

EDIT:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 11, 2013

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

ArchWizard posted:

Season 1 daily endbosses drop tickets now, so you might get a blackout without paying realbux for numbers.

EDIT:

so by my calculations you can get 25-29 tickets a day depending on which s2 daily it is that day. Thats all dailies and the s2 daily twice (resets at 10am and 5pm). 25 spaces on the board out of 50 numbers. Of course you can get numbers you already have or numbers that are not on your board but still there is a really good chance for a blackout. Ends the 23rd.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

EDIT:

Well now that's a little different than last time.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
What is the goon population like on here? Like A Somebody was pretty quiet, but also nobody can join at the moment so that certainly can't help. Are there enough of us on East for it to be worth starting a new guild?

Alternatively, is West that much busier? I'd be pretty sad to have to start over, as I've spent quite a bit of time on my East characters but I think it'd be worth it to have some goons to play with if Diabetic Dogs is poppin'. Also, wasn't that guild previously called Fart Lords? Was that deemed to be treason?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

GaylordButts posted:

What is the goon population like on here? Like A Somebody was pretty quiet, but also nobody can join at the moment so that certainly can't help. Are there enough of us on East for it to be worth starting a new guild?

Alternatively, is West that much busier? I'd be pretty sad to have to start over, as I've spent quite a bit of time on my East characters but I think it'd be worth it to have some goons to play with if Diabetic Dogs is poppin'. Also, wasn't that guild previously called Fart Lords? Was that deemed to be treason?
One of you Eastjerks can step up and volunteer to make a guild, then see how many people post to say they would join.

fart lords had the same problem as Like A Somebody does now: the guild leadership stopped playing and new goons couldn't be recruited. diabetic dogs has a small set of active members, but we're very active.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I'll try to come up with a clever name and create one when I get home this evening. Hopefully something Gallagher related.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Neo Mara posted:

so by my calculations you can get 25-29 tickets a day depending on which s2 daily it is that day. Thats all dailies and the s2 daily twice (resets at 10am and 5pm). 25 spaces on the board out of 50 numbers. Of course you can get numbers you already have or numbers that are not on your board but still there is a really good chance for a blackout. Ends the 23rd.
S1 Dailies with multiple bosses will give multiple tickets. Blood Prince is a daily today and each miniboss drops a ticket. The Five Spider Brothers is also a daily and each brother drops a ticket.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 11, 2013

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SovietSteel posted:

Cestus Karok is fun as gently caress if you can get use to the damage absorb mechanic. Plus once you get the hang of it armor is completely optional until you get to hero mode.

This has been what I've looked like for roughly 20 levels. Pubbies love it.

Wait, is there more finesse than click-click-smash-dodge? That's how I usually play cestus.

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013
So I just logged in after not playing for a year and I have 15k AP to spend. Cool.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
I've (re?)created FartLords, now for Eastjerks on the East server. Are you on the East server? Are you looking for goons, on the East server? Join the FartLords, ya turkey. Anything less would just be treason.

GaylordButts fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Oct 12, 2013

Boek
Aug 1, 2005

Fresh kid turned rotten
goty

Only registered members can see post attachments!

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013
Is it possible to equip items just for show, without having their stats like you can in some MMOs?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

koekje4life posted:

Is it possible to equip items just for show, without having their stats like you can in some MMOs?
Clothes from the outfitter's shop have their own wardrobe slots but they cost real money and the selection is poor. To wear normal equipment as cosmetics, you need a fusion rune from the cash shop to bind one item's appearance to another item's stats.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I just logged in for the first time in forever, and I have 9399 AP. Not really sure what to spend it on. I have most of my old skills at or near cap for my level already, so... yeah. I'm a level 37 Sword Lann.

I stopped playing pretty soon after Evie came out, if that tells you anything (pls tell me how long ago this was) I've logged in since then to allocate AP, but not recently.

I'm gonna see how much has changed, so I'll play for a few hours and see if the game still interests me. I applied to Fartlords as Arie.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

could be a driver issue or your video card might be overheating

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Silento posted:

I stopped playing pretty soon after Evie came out, if that tells you anything (pls tell me how long ago this was) I've logged in since then to allocate AP, but not recently.

I'm p sure Evie, Lann, and Fiona are the original 3. Do you mean when Kai came out?
I had this same dilemma of what to spend built-up AP on. I recommend saving it since you'll have a bunch of buffs to level fast, and then spending it on the passive stat boots and new moves as you level. It won't actually last as long as you think, I had 15k on my Evie (let's hear it for Int) and I found plenty to use it up on.

E: I've been schooled. Schooled at video games.

Literally Esoteric fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 14, 2013

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Literally Esoteric posted:

I'm p sure Evie, Lann, and Fiona are the original 3. Do you mean when Kai came out?

Lann and Fiona were the original 2. Evie didn't come out until a little later

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Literally Esoteric posted:

Ha ha look at this guy/girl who hasn't been playing since the beta.

No but actually, Lann and Fiona were the only characters available at launch, and it took a pretty long time for Evie to come out. Since then they've been happening pretty steadily though.

OSad
Feb 29, 2012
Is the game still North America only? I was one of those people who thought the game looked great and really wanted in the open beta, but had to use proxies to play. Then I moved into the Chinese server in favor of not using a proxy, but realized too late that the ping was just as bad as one with the proxy AND I couldn't read any mandarin. Drat!

That was never really well-justified. The game's dependent on latency a bit, but not THAT much from what I've played (admittedly, not very much). And you already separate players into their own boats where they can see latency and poo poo! Why block the game off?

OSad fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Oct 14, 2013

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

OSad posted:

Is the game still North America only? I was one of those people who thought the game looked great and really wanted in the open beta, but had to use proxies to play. Then I moved into the Chinese server in favor of not using a proxy, but realized too late that the ping was just as bad as one with the proxy AND I couldn't read any mandarin. Drat!

That was never really well-justified. The game's dependent on latency a bit, but not THAT much from what I've played (admittedly, not very much). And you already separate players into their own boats where they can see latency and poo poo! Why block the game off?

If you're in Australia or North America you can play on east/west/aus (no one plays on aus though), there's a slightly different version of the game for Europe, and then Korea has both versions and I think Japan and China have it too but I'm not sure which versions they get.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I am ok with this bingo.

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013
I am getting a crash when I have my xbox pad plugged in while trying to boot the game, and nexon staff isn't helping. It's throwing korean text at me and the only other things visible are "Exception Access Violation" and a memory pointer.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

koekje4life posted:

I am getting a crash when I have my xbox pad plugged in while trying to boot the game, and nexon staff isn't helping. It's throwing korean text at me and the only other things visible are "Exception Access Violation" and a memory pointer.
While trying to boot? What happens if you don't have it plugged in on boot but connect it after you've logged in to your character?

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

While trying to boot? What happens if you don't have it plugged in on boot but connect it after you've logged in to your character?

It won't work, because it doesn't see the controller after it has launched vindictus when I plug it in.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Even if Karok's Clash is only sorta useful, it still feels super cool to execute it during co-op games and hear people :woop: over it on voice chat. Hitting people with trees is still awesome.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

koekje4life posted:

It won't work, because it doesn't see the controller after it has launched vindictus when I plug it in.

What other USB devices do you have connected? Oddly enough, I've had games in the past get upset because I had both a gamepad and a joystick connected.

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013

GaylordButts posted:

What other USB devices do you have connected? Oddly enough, I've had games in the past get upset because I had both a gamepad and a joystick connected.

The only other USB device that is connected is my mouse, and I tried unplugging that and booting but it still throws this error at me:

When I click OK it spews this at me:

:negative:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

koekje4life posted:

The only other USB device that is connected is my mouse, and I tried unplugging that and booting but it still throws this error at me:

When I click OK it spews this at me:

:negative:

Well, have you tried Koreaing?

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013

Shine posted:

Well, have you tried Koreaing?

Apparently the top one means "A fatal error has ocurred", and the bottom one I have no clue. Or do you mean trying the Korean server?

EDIT: The bottom one seems to be asking whether or not I want to send a bug report.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

The top is Chinese and just says "A fatal, irreproducible error has occured. Please hit OK."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's the last day of the Bingo event, according to the Vindictus website. I didn't get a panda pet because pets are stupid and lame (unless they're adorable toy dogs).

Also: Halloweenter is coming. (1, 2)

That third one seems low-effort when compared to the others. That's Lann for you, I guess.

• Locked thread