Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Looks like they are doing a whole bunch of poo poo for the third anniversary :stare:.
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=200&contentNo=00HFW

Handin' out all kinds of free poo poo, week-long events, and a new pet and a shitload of AP if you log in every day between oct 30 and nov 20.

Also an enhancement 1 shot event (chance for straight to +8 for 800,000 gold) which started yesterday. Hope you got stuff to enhance and piles of money (I don't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koekje4life
Aug 11, 2013
gently caress me, I wish they did this on the EU server.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Is there an easy way to get restarted? Long ago I got hacked because of Nexon "security" measures and haven't played since; I have all of 80k gold to my name, as well as some tons of compensation garbage in my mailbox; is any of this actually worth something?

EDIT: welp, guess some of these packages actually contain gear, if only my game didn't crash every time I try to read mail in my mailbox :nexon:.

RoyalScion fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 26, 2013

dromer
Aug 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RoyalScion posted:

Is there an easy way to get restarted? Long ago I got hacked because of Nexon "security" measures and haven't played since; I have all of 80k gold to my name, as well as some tons of compensation garbage in my mailbox; is any of this actually worth something?

The compensation gear is hilariously overpowered. Laugh as every attack deals 20 damage to you and you murder everything in one hit.
Also holy poo poo the werewolf costume is $30. I'd totally buy that because it looks hilarious on Karok but not for $30.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

EDIT: welp, guess some of these packages actually contain gear, if only my game didn't crash every time I try to read mail in my mailbox :nexon:.

I seem to recall crashing less if I opened mail that actually had attachments and crashing every time I looked at an attachment I already collected. Still plenty of crashing to be had.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Well, I fumbled my way through Hoarfrost Depths, at least I remember how to counterattack.

These levels are pretty much barren though, I guess everybody has long passed these missions.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory
Yeah the crash from mailbox is a long standing bug that Nexon will never fix. Just never mouseover any items in your mailbox, instead just accept the mail and then look at it in inventory. For me it is a 100% CTD if I look.

You should be able to get parties on hoarfrost hollow on hard mode still, but there's the Halloween event on so a lot of people are probably only logging in lower level characters to do the events, not to level.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Update: Grabbing gnolls and piledriving them is more fun if you yell "RECOOME!" each time.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Attention, people who plan to make a Hurk when he comes out:

:human being:

Also: The "get rewards by logging in every day" event starts tomorrow. You know, in case you want yet another stupid pet.

EDIT: Oh dang it gets better:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 30, 2013

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

There are going to be so many Hurks.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know I'd play Iron Man May Cry.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I played this game a few years ago and really enjoyed it, but recently whenever I try and play I get disconnected after 10-15 minutes. Basically, whenever I idle for more than 30 seconds (so everytime I try and spend AP). I was hoping they fixed it for the Steam release, but I guess not. Anyone heard of any problem like that and how to fix it? I have no problems with any other online game.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

I assume you've already googled that and looked at the steam page for it? I've never even heard of that bug, and I can idle for hours without getting kicked, but who even knows with Nexon.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
Yeah, searching for it just turns up other people with the same problem. One thread traced it to DLink routers, which I have. No other game has problems though, so it is apparently Vindictus being flighty with it. I did discover that I will stay connected while spending AP if I use the movement keys to wiggle back and forth while reading tooltips and browsing, so, success?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
How exactly do these season 2 dungeons work? I see all these different parts and poo poo, it seems quite a bit different than the S1 dungeons.

Also I'm regretting making a Vella, should have gone back to old trusty Fiona.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

How exactly do these season 2 dungeons work? I see all these different parts and poo poo, it seems quite a bit different than the S1 dungeons.

Also I'm regretting making a Vella, should have gone back to old trusty Fiona.
Season 2 dungeons are more open and slightly less linear than season 1 dungeons. You need to use the map (H) to find your way around and hit each boss. If you're questing, there are S1-ish versions of the S2 dungeons that only contain one or two bosses.

As for Fiona vs. Vella: stick to what makes you happy, but consider holding off on feeling stuff like "regret" since you're playing an MMO and you're going to waste time no matter who you're playing as.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Should I do s2 dungeons after s1? I notice they have some level-scaling setting or something.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

RoyalScion posted:

Should I do s2 dungeons after s1? I notice they have some level-scaling setting or something.
Do them whenever you want. S1 and S2 exist in parallel and you can move between them at will.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

S2 dungeons scale with your level and can be really hard to solo at high levels, and really easy at low levels. S1 has the vast majority of the quests and titles you do for stats and gear, but S2 rewards you with more XP and AP per time.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
S2 treasure hunting quests are hella more fun than S1 and Karok has some sweet boss bash animations against S2 bosses. But as others said, do S1 enough to complete your basic skill quests before you go treasure hunting.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I logged in fourteen times to get this.

EDIT: Someone is selling a 60-day +500 DEF scroll. Why couldn't I get that scroll :smith:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 12, 2013

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I got a 30-day 50 def scroll lmao.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Are people still playing this? I'm on USEast and trying to find people to do some low level raid things with and all the bulletin boards are dead.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I've started popping in occasionally, but I'm on West. I'd rather not have to pub it up with folks hosting on a potato.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Geburan posted:

I've started popping in occasionally, but I'm on West. I'd rather not have to pub it up with folks hosting on a potato.
Are you Geban, by any chance? Because we saw an app but not a post so we figured he was pubbie scum.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

I play in West under the names

Literally
Destroyka
Hectica

I am not 80 with my main, but I've got amber, all healing, and ice skills maxed at least?

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Are you Geban, by any chance? Because we saw an app but not a post so we figured he was pubbie scum.

Yup, that would be me. I meant to post as well, but totally forgot.

Neo Mara
Apr 20, 2005

Geburan posted:

Yup, that would be me. I meant to post as well, but totally forgot.

Re-apply and we will get you in.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
I might have to make a bro on west, then.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I picked up a heartless enchant scroll, and have no idea if it's worth anything.

As for east, I mostly just run around facetanking stuff with my broken body, but usually if you sit a boat for a bit some high level dude will carry you through. Waiting for S1 Royal Army raids to fill up can be a pain though.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Just applied to FartLords as Hokolesqua, a Fiona. I've only played for a little while, but I wouldn't mind banding with other goons just starting out.

How do the other classes feel, anyway? The game's pretty generous with its free character slots, and I'm liking it enough to want to try them all at some point.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I like Evie because she is really flexible with her different powers. I just started a Kai, and he seems to absolutely destroy everything. Never tried Karok, and Vella seemed underpowered, but that may have just been in comparison to Kai.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Every class owns (except Lann). Vella is most definitely not underpowered, she's probably the best soloer with swords and chainblades give you really high ranged damage.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

Geburan posted:

I like Evie because she is really flexible with her different powers. I just started a Kai, and he seems to absolutely destroy everything. Never tried Karok, and Vella seemed underpowered, but that may have just been in comparison to Kai.

Karok is great; beat the crap out of people and send their ragdolls flying. Punch a boss or something.

Also, who are these people?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
I'm Cirpy.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

Appoda posted:

How do the other classes feel, anyway? The game's pretty generous with its free character slots, and I'm liking it enough to want to try them all at some point.

There are probably others who know better than me, but:
Fiona is hardmode, but knowing how to counterattack is so very satisfying, and being the one who can tank the boss for the benefit of the whole team is great.
Evie is the healer with her staff, and very flexible. Scythe lets her play as a mobile melee with some team abilities that let you debuff enemies and regen Stam for allies.
Lann is apparently for douches. I understand he can be the highest DPS.
Karok is great fun in both forms, and he gets to grapple things that others can't, including bosses without spending SP to do it.
Vella has a sword form with some sweet counterattacks, and her chainblade form is a ranged damage factory with awesome SP abilities and a breakoff skill.
Kai is great at getting breakoffs, is easy to solo with, and if played right can be a good team player. He gets the best range.

Haha yes very fair, I just enjoy, as an Evie, being the only one who can heal at all. You also get to make a golem and some other random crap!
vvvvvvvv

Literally Esoteric fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 18, 2013

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009
Just to clarify, as I don't want to run into more people who are unaware, staff Evie is not a healer. She gets a long cooldown res skill, a two minute cooldown skill that puts 4 healing orbs on the ground in front of you, an ability that lets her pick up items and turn them into a bunch of the little healing crystals that has a bit of a cast animation and no cooldown, and a SP-based regen ability. Touching the orbs heals you and puts on a debuff that doesn't let the healing orbs work on you again for 2 minutes, so you can't stack multiple staff users. Staff Evie is primarily a mage, and does a good amount of ranged damage with a couple skills granting a freeze effect.

Much like Diablo, there is no healing class and you're expected to keep yourself alive. Please do not complain that the staff Evie is not doing their job because your crappy Lann is taking another dirt nap. Thanks!

E: ^^ Oh yeah, staff Evie is my highest class and certainly owns. If you aren't using the healing skills you aren't playing the class to it's fullest, but it's a far cry from a healer. You're built to blow things up and Zelda-crystal away at the last second to bounce off level geometry.

GaylordButts fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 19, 2013

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I am Starfloot who just applied for FartLords.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I just got the Rare Shining Wolf. It has the exact same skills as the other wolf they gave away :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
Where do all my AP pills go? I got them from the buggy mailbox, but can't find them in my inventory. Is there some secret place where all these pills go so I can down them all at once?

• Locked thread