Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

72 hours remain to collect your bingo rewards. The last two numbers come from Beokros and Pantheum respectively. People are already bitching about how terrible the bingo rewards are. I didn't understand why they waited to complain, but then I found out some people can't tell the difference between an enhancement elixir icon and an unbind potion icon.

UPDATE: Here's how everything went for me.
Vella: 2k AP, The Dead ES (Sold for 5m)
Fiona: 1k AP, Bloodlust ES (Successfully applied to longsword)
Arisha: 1k AP, A goddamned Hardy ES (NPCed)
Evie: 1k AP
Lynn: 2k AP

Having double number days on Monday pretty much killed it for my Evie and Lynn. Until last week I was out until 10 PM on Mondays, so I couldn't get all of the numbers on all of my characters. They're the characters who need enchants/money the most, too :smith:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I finally got lvl 80 weps the other day. :shobon: and am at like 19k att. Don't know what to do with myself now cause really I don't have the funds to buy new armor til seal shop update. So many 50-69 Lako's in my future.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I finally got lvl 80 weps the other day. :shobon: and am at like 19k att. Don't know what to do with myself now cause really I don't have the funds to buy new armor til seal shop update. So many 50-69 Lako's in my future.

Congrats :coffee:

I got a DP from the sealed ES event. Not bad for 1 m. I still need to add Twinkling to my SS but no runes...

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Alder posted:

Congrats :coffee:

I got a DP from the sealed ES event. Not bad for 1 m. I still need to add Twinkling to my SS but no runes...

+10 Twink Mael Arma Twin Swords :smugdog:

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
I have a twinkling, valor, bloodlust, divine punishment, and resistant (lol), ES I have nothing to use on, any West Bros in need?

Psiwri fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 27, 2015

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Best ninja update is the ability to buy megas via mp. Finally no need to visit the forums which are always declining in quality as the weeks go by.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

Best ninja update is the ability to buy megas via mp. Finally no need to visit the forums which are always declining in quality as the weeks go by.

selling megas on the mp is an easy source of cash from suckers, i agree

he says, while leveling his crafting

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

selling megas on the mp is an easy source of cash from suckers, i agree

he says, while leveling his crafting

Welp, it sounded like a winning idea except some guy listed approx 1,000 megas in a week. No idea if he sold all of them but still :colbert:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Alder posted:

Welp, it sounded like a winning idea except some guy listed approx 1,000 megas in a week. No idea if he sold all of them but still :colbert:

Be thankful to him, for he is the one paying to keep the game afloat. :pray:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

It's another event oh nooooo

quote:

Treasure Chest Event

The monsters of Vindictus are hoarding treasure, and its high time we take it back, for the good of the war effort! And, you know, for ourselves too, because there sure is an M and an E in team!

From now through June 30th, completed dungeon runs can drop a Golden or Mysterious Treasure Chest. The Golden Chest contains a wealth of items, from VVIP time, Permanent Chest Expansion, Dye Ampoules filled with white or black dye, and plenty of other valuable NX Items, including 3 Exclusive Wings, the Phoenix Wings, White Phoenix Wings and the Devil Wings!

Golden Treasure Chests can only be unlocked via a Golden Treasure Chest Key, which can be purchased from the Supply Depot for 1,900 NX each, or obtained from the Treasure Hunt Attendance Event (more on that below!).

Those aren't the only treasure chests to come, though. The Mysterious Treasure Chest isn't quite as shiny, but it has plenty of powerful items, including AP Capsules, Merc Recovery Potions, Brynn Elixers and many more valuable crafting and utility items, but the crown jewels of the Mysterious Treasure Chests are the 4 Exclusive Wings, the Beautiful Silver Wings, Black Wings, Brilliant Gold Wings and Snow White Wings!

These Treasure Chests can only be opened with Mysterious Treasure Chest Keys, which can drop at the end of a battle missions run instead of a Treasure Chest. You won't be able to purchase these keys directly, so you'll have to keep pounding your way through the battle missions.

These Treasure Chests will stick around through June 30th, so you've got a bit of time to grab those wings, especially if you take advantage of the Treasure Chest Attendance Event!

Complete Battle Quests to earn Golden Treasure Chests, Mysterious Treasure Chests and Mysterious Treasure Chest Keys
Golden Treasure Chests can only be opened by Golden Treasure Chest Keys
Mysterious Treasure Chests can only be opened by Mysterious Treasure Chest Keys

Event Start Wednesday, June 3rd
Event End Tuesday, June 30th (10:00 AM)
Golden Treasure Chest Key
1x Golden Treasure Chest Key: 1,900 NX
10x Golden Treasure Chest Key: 18,000 NX

Notes

Can also obtain through the Treasure Chest Attendance Event
Golden Treasure Chest Keys do not drop from dungeons

Treasure Chest Attendance Event

While you can always purchase a Golden Treasure Chest Key, you'll be able to grab 10 free keys over the next month just by being online! From now through June 30th, every day a new item will be delivered to your inventory, from AP Capsules, Goddess Graces, Merc Recovery Potions, and even the Golden Treasure Chest Keys you'll need to open the Golden Treasure Chests!
Event Treasure Chest Attendance Event
What

Receive a new item each day while you're logged on.
Includes 10 Golden Treasure Chest Keys

Event Start Wednesday, June 3rd
Event End Tuesday, June 30th
Notes

You can view the full schedule of the Attendance Event through the Events menu.
The simple version:
  • Golden treasure chests give really good stuff and require a golden key to open
  • Mysterious treasure chests give fairly good stuff and require a mysterious key to open
  • Bosses can drop golden chests, mysterious chests, or mysterious keys
  • Golden keys come from the attendance event or the cash shop
It may be of interest to know that like every attendance event that uses that advent calendar-ish dealie, it's one daily reward per account.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 3, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

The simple version:
  • Golden treasure chests give really good stuff and require a golden key to open
  • Mysterious treasure chests give fairly good stuff and require a mysterious key to open
  • Bosses can drop golden chests, mysterious chests, or mysterious keys
  • Golden keys come from the attendance event or the cash shop
It may be of interest to know that like every attendance event that uses that advent calendar-ish dealie, it's one daily reward per account.

And on the sixth day, DevCat gave you 10 Fine HP potions!

...wait... where are you going????

Kuai
May 25, 2004
good god i cant believe its been 2 years since i quit this game and its still has the shame poo poo events.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kuai posted:

good god i cant believe its been 2 years since i quit this game and its still has the shame poo poo events.

Hey, the Lubbers event 3 years ago was great. Also, I thought the Golden Time events were OK as most people got their items in-time except how it kept crashing the servers too.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I should run Hero Ahglan more often.

Hero Thor is still a fucker, though. gently caress that guy. And did anyone notice all of the Thor weapons got consolidated into "Thor Weapons"? Too bad they don't stack.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

quote:

The Golden Chest contains a wealth of items, from VVIP time, Permanent Chest Expansion,

ehehehehehehehe
FOLLOWING IN TERA'S FOOTSTEPS!!

I know they meant storage chest :ssh:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Today's the first day to get a golden key from the attendance event. They don't work. Here's the problem as far as we know: NA gets golden chests and golden keys. EU gets golden mysterious chests and golden mysterious keys. The NA attendance event gave golden mysterious keys. So, NA got EU keys, which only work on EU golden chests.

The comms director posted and said they'll fix it for sure, which is a nice thing to say on a Sunday.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 7, 2015

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

ArchWizard posted:

Today's the first day to get a golden key from the attendance event. They don't work. Here's the problem as far as we know: NA gets golden chests and golden keys. EU gets golden mysterious chests and golden mysterious keys. The NA attendance event gave golden mysterious keys. So, NA got EU keys, which only work on EU golden chests.

The comms director posted and said they'll fix it for sure, which is a nice thing to say on a Sunday.

Oh, good. I thought I was just too stupid to figure out how to use a key.

This remains to be disproven...

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I did Misty Summit 50-69 today and what the gently caress is this:

Also: Keys still don't work. Zoltar says they're working on it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

I did Misty Summit 50-69 today and what the gently caress is this:

Also: Keys still don't work. Zoltar says they're working on it.

You fucker.

I blew up my Kai's +10 Explo Chance Majesty bow :smithicide:

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Managed to get on US servers via VPN. No idea how viable this will be ping wise(Any way to get ping in game ?)

Made a Fiona named Leashya, applied to Fartlords on East.

GaylordButts
Feb 19, 2009

mfny posted:

Managed to get on US servers via VPN. No idea how viable this will be ping wise(Any way to get ping in game ?)

Made a Fiona named Leashya, applied to Fartlords on East.

Fartlords really just mostly exists in glorious name only these days, I'm not sure where people are actively playing on East or if goons are just scattered about.

All my characters are Fartlords but I rarely feel the need to log in these days.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
I expect my ping will be better to East as the VPN Area server I am using with the lowest ping is in DC. Is the goon guild more active on West though ?

GaylordButts posted:

Fartlords really just mostly exists in glorious name only these days, I'm not sure where people are actively playing on East or if goons are just scattered about.

All my characters are Fartlords but I rarely feel the need to log in these days.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Every goon I know of (two to four other people?) on East is in Lion Heart.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

mfny posted:

I expect my ping will be better to East as the VPN Area server I am using with the lowest ping is in DC. Is the goon guild more active on West though ?
There is exactly one active goon in the official West guild. So yeah, technically, it is more active.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Every goon I know of (two to four other people?) on East is in Lion Heart.

Yeah. I think all of the active east goons are in LH.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There was a maintenance today. They took away the one bad golden key and gave out two golden keys that do work. I got a couple of premium armor fusion runes on my Evie.

I should probably not try to get a permanent inner armor coupon on my Evie.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Is it just me or is the day 10 gold key doing the same thing the day 5 one did?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Inimicul posted:

Is it just me or is the day 10 gold key doing the same thing the day 5 one did?
It is doing the same thing. When people complained, Zoltar came into the thread and said "well I warned you that the second key would also suck and that it'd be replaced during the next maintenance."

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
After maxing out spear lann skills and getting arma spears, I popped into some sword skills and drat I wish I would have gone that route. Pretty cool hitting 10k+ fanning slashes and 7k furies. Spears seem cool versus dragons and sandbox, but sword definitely fits the high-damage hit and run gameplay elements for SG and TD dungeon stuff.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

darkhand posted:

After maxing out spear lann skills and getting arma spears, I popped into some sword skills and drat I wish I would have gone that route. Pretty cool hitting 10k+ fanning slashes and 7k furies. Spears seem cool versus dragons and sandbox, but sword definitely fits the high-damage hit and run gameplay elements for SG and TD dungeon stuff.

I'm a sword lann main and yeah, spears bore me to death. Even on sandboxes, you can still just poo poo out damage. Also I like that sword lann can just do whatever the gently caress he wants.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance is tomorrow. They're doing the golden key compensation again. They're also releasing SEASON 3 EPISODE 0 HOLY loving BALLS IS IT TIME FOR A NEW THREAD YET

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Maintenance is tomorrow. They're doing the golden key compensation again. They're also releasing SEASON 3 EPISODE 0 HOLY loving BALLS IS IT TIME FOR A NEW THREAD YET

wait really?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Check out deez notes:

quote:

Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 at 6:30 AM PDT.

During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5.5 hours, concluding at around 12:00 PM PDT.

Additionally, during this maintenance, all players that have received the incorrect "Golden Mysterious Treasure Chest Key" from the Treasure Hunt Attendance Event will have this bad key removed and replaced with the correct "Golden Treasure Chest Key", plus a bonus Golden Treasure Chest Key.

- Start and End Time -

Pacific: 6:30 AM - 12:00 PM PDT

Eastern: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM EDT

Australia: 11:30 PM - 5:00 AM AEST (Thursday, June 18th, 2015)

- What -

Server Maintenance
:frogsiren:Season 3 - Episode 0 Release:frogsiren:
Release of Lawbringer Sales
Beginning of the Fancy Footwork Events
Golden Treasure Chest Key Compensation

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

-- The Vindictus Team --

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance is supposed to be done.

Parasite Evie: The Third Season

quote:

Season 3 has finally arrived with the Episode 0 Prologue! A new story has begun, centering on a mystery that will unveil an entirely new set of horrors for the heroes of Colhen and Rocheste...

Season 3 Prologue: Rocheste by Sea

The war against the Formors appears to be in its last days, and the warriors of Colhen and Rocheste are gearing up for an epic battle that could change the future of the realm. Players that are at least Level 75 nad have completed Season 2, Episode 4 will be able to begin the new season at the Crimson Blade Headquarters in Colhen, but will take you back to Rocheste to face off against a true monster of the depths that's climbed to the highest point in the city: Muir.

No armor but his scales, no weapons beyond his own body, you'd be forgiven for thinking that the twenty ton monster would be easy prey. And you would be very wrong, and soon very dead. He's not just strong enough to tear you to pieces, but he's fast too, more than able to pummel you senseless even as you try to get some distance.

But Muir's only the more visible foe in the battle. The other one? Gravity. Muir's powers include the ability to send everyone around him flying, and there's not many skills that can help you survive a hundred meter plummet to the very hard ground below. But then again, turnabout is fair play...

There's no room to run, no room to hide. So remember to hang on with all you've got and hit him hard right back!
There are also bits about the hot springs and (V)VIP changes. Hot springs use soaps, which are apparently like cooking buffs except not terribly implemented.

A title event yay

quote:

A new, nasty boss means one thing for certain: Its time for a new event to see if you have what it takes to not only defeat our most powerful new enemy, but to outright humiliate him! We also have an event commemmorating the launch of Season 3, and a bonus to give everyone an incentive to catch up to the new, epic tale...

Fancy Footwork Event

From now through July 15th, we're offering everyone a chance at claiming the "Fancy Footwork" title, but don't think it'll be easy this time. You'll need to defeat Muir, our newest and deadliest monster, without taking a single hit in an arena barely big enough to contain him in the first place! Do it, and not only will you claim the "Fancy Footwork" title, but we'll even throw in a 30 Day Quality +1 Coupon for anyone that manages it!
Event Name Fancy Footwork Event
Event Start Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
Event End Thursday, July 16th, 2015 (6:00 AM PDT)
What Defeat Muir on any difficulty without taking a hit
Rewards

"Fancy Footwork" title
30 Day Quality +1 Coupon

Notes

"Fancy Footwork" title gives no stats
Coupon will be rewarded during July 15th Maintenance
I like the coupon. I want the coupon. I hunger for the coupon. I'm not looking forward to powerleveling my Evie and Lynn so they can try for it. I hope I run out of time.

Also:

quote:

Enlistment Bonus Event

Just because Season 3 is starting doesn't mean that its not a great time to get a friend into Vindictus, and we're holding an event exclusive to only our newest soldiers. All new accounts will have access to a special Attendance event, with 28 days of prizes, including a few exclusive items that won't be available anywhere else. All you need to do to claim the prizes is to login to a character in Vindictus and the reward will automatically be delivered.

undefined

Each day you login, you'll receive a different reward, and each week of rewards will give you a different theme of item, from cosmetic options in week one, items that make battle quests easier to complete in week two, a wide array of powerful equipment in week three and some high end crafting and equipment modification items in week four. You won't need to login consecutive days to claim the rewards, in fact new players will have 60 days from their first login to claim all of the rewards.
Event Name Enlistment Bonus Event
Event End Tuesday, September 1st, 2015 (10:00 AM PDT)
What Players with new accounts can login for a wide variety of rewards
Key Reward Days

Day 1: 15 Days Unlimited Inner Armor Pass
Day 7: Exclusive Burning Gnoll Helm (75 DEF, 2 Crit. Res.)
Day 9: 3x Goddess Grace
Day 15: 2 Day +5 Equipment Package
Day 16: 7 Day Novice Badge
Day 18: 1x Weapon Surprise Supplies (Revamped)
Day 20: Exclusive 30 Day Greater Mysterious Cat Statue (Recharges 250 SP when used in-battle)
Day 24: Exclusive 1x Average Enchant Scroll Box (Rewards a random Enchant Scroll)
Day 28: Exclusive Equipment +8 Enhancement Exchange Coupon (Boosts a piece of equipment up to +8)

Notes

Players have 60 Days from their first login to claim their 28 login prizes. This time can extend past September 1st, simply must login for the first time at some point before September 1st.
Must have created first Vindictus character on the account after the beginning of the event.
Maybe this is a good time to bring in new goons with a new thread? I still don't know what the thread title should be... "Vindictus Season 3: Death to Amuirica / We have the Lannthrax"

Also also:

quote:

Part Three Event

We're also going to give away a special title for anyone and everyone that joins us for the start of Season 3. Everyone that has a chat with the Strange Traveler from now through July 15th will receive the "Part Three" title, which will grant you +1 STR, INT, WIL and AGI. We're glad to see you join us and we hope you enjoy the journey as the secrets of Season 3 are unveiled...
Event Name Part Three Event
What Speak to the Strange Traveler.
Rewards

"Part Three" title
Title grats +1 AGI, +1 INT, +1 STR, +1 WIL

Up to Date Event

...but before you can start on Season 3, you should finish up Season 1 and 2 of course! To help motivate you to that end, we're giving everyone that completes Season 1 and 2 before July 16th a free item, 7 Days of VIP status for Season 1, and a free Enhancement Rune for Season 2.
Event Name Up to Date Event
What Have completed Season 1 and Season 2
Rewards

Season 1 Completion: 7 Day VIP License
Season 2 Completion: 1x Enhancement Rune

We hope you enjoy the epic tale that's led up to this new, horrific season, and look forward to guiding you through everything to come.
I hope that reward is applied retroactively because I just powered my Fiona through Season 2 a couple of weeks ago.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

I hope that reward is applied retroactively because I just powered my Fiona through Season 2 a couple of weeks ago.

Glad I've left all my characters with just the last couple of S2E4 stories left.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

Vindictus EU is updating with the prologue as well, and every single time I check back on the website the expected end of maintenence time jumps back about 2 hours. it's sitting at 2AM atm

oh Nexon :allears:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

Glad I've left all my characters with just the last couple of S2E4 stories left.
Turns out this is retroactive and you can get the rewards even if you've finished S1 or S2 a long time ago. I've also discovered that soaps are limited to the channel they're used in. However, if someone uses a pricey soap then the game will announce it to everybody on the server and tell you what channel and town to go to.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

50% AP pretty cool

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I couldn't be bothered to buy soap so I went to the dock for the dock buff. The dock buff doesn't seem to exist any more. If you want buffs then someone has to pay for a soap. On the plus side, soap buffs are actually worth having and if you're buying then you have control over which buff you get.

So, Muir. Dude's kind of a fucker. I took him on with my chain Vella (19k) and had a hard time doing damage because he uses lots of sweeping attacks and the arena is very small, so staying away from him is nearly impossible. I got out my twin swords (15.7k) and cross-cut him a ton of times. At first his attacks are easy to counter, but then he starts adding to his combos and he becomes difficult to engage without getting smacked. Sometimes the last hit in a combo hits you after cross-cut invuln frames wear off. Sometimes you just get hit through where the invuln frames should be. His super attack is almost instant death but can be Life Flared. The edge-balancing minigame is fairly generous and failing it doesn't even kill you. I'm not entirely sure what the benefit of succeeding at it is aside from credit towards a title. Muir is a filthy cheater, though: One time I successfully did the challenge, pulled myself up, and Muir knocked me off of the ledge to my death before I could move away. Also, you have to do the whole fight alone. Gallagher is there and he doesn't help you because he's an rear end in a top hat. To win I used: 35 merc pots, 3 goddess graces, and one trans. I would have brought stims if it weren't for the fact that I only had Exquisites and the only piece of gear that lets me use them is my chainblades.

Of major interest: Beating Muir unlocks the latest crafting and upgrade material recipes: Paradise Enhancement Stones and Godly Iron/Leather/Cloth. Godly mats require two of each spirit remnant so maybe Fire Spirit Remnants will be worth something again.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

:aaaaa:

that new login tho

• Locked thread