Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

Of major interest: Beating Muir unlocks the latest crafting and upgrade material recipes: Paradise Enhancement Stones and Godly Iron/Leather/Cloth. Godly mats require two of each spirit remnant so maybe Fire Spirit Remnants will be worth something again.

Does he actually drop anything rare though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:aaaaa:

that new login tho

If you have a bunch of characters, single-click on one on the right column then click the tiny little arrows next to 'Purchase Character Slot' and you can actually rearrange your character order and seating now.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Gotem

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
I sold my armas for a bunch of money, but now have a whole in my heart where they used to be.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I sold my armas for a bunch of money, but now have a whole in my heart where they used to be.

I did this but with all of my arisha's level 80 gear so I can save the money for S3 when I might actually have time to play her again :toot:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I got a permanent makeup coupon from a golden chest today yay?

Also: More season 3 story bits. It's a good thing cutting pieces off of Fishman Muir doesn't result in a messed-up Human Muir. Not that I know what face fins correspond to on the human body...

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The treasure chest event ended yesterday. Maintenance happened this morning. Everybody's supposed to get an American flag bandanna in the mail but I haven't gotten one for some reason.

I was hoping for more Season 3 updates or even the seal shop update. That may be for the best because I definitely think we should have a new thread by the time the seal shop update happens. Do we have any good ideas for thread titles this time around?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

:frogsiren: 10th playable character teaser :frogsiren:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

I was just on my what to post this.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

The treasure chest event ended yesterday. Maintenance happened this morning. Everybody's supposed to get an American flag bandanna in the mail but I haven't gotten one for some reason.

I was hoping for more Season 3 updates or even the seal shop update. That may be for the best because I definitely think we should have a new thread by the time the seal shop update happens. Do we have any good ideas for thread titles this time around?

Also, they hosed up the bandannas.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Zoltar;11914107 posted:

*Please start your reply with the topic headline it pertains to.*

Fourth of July celebrations are just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than with events, sales and a new item! As always drop your feedback down below. Let us know what you think before and after participating in these events and sales.

Independence Raid Event

Event Start
Thursday, July 2nd, 2015 (12:00 PM PDT)

Event End
Monday, July 6th, 2015 (12:00 PM PDT)

Event Details
- Raid +1 (All Day)
- Unlimited Resurrections (5:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT)
- Fireworks display during boat departure.

Event Notes
- Unlimited Resurrections will end at 9:00 PM PDT on Sunday, July 5th

New Item: Path Change Ticket

Sale Start

Sale End

Sale Details
Path Change Ticket is now available for purchase. It's 30% off until Monday! This ticket allows you to re select your Path, or just reset your chosen Path Skills, letting you go from Paladin to Dark Knight and back again with ease!

Item Notes
- This is a Permanent Item.
- Allows you to reset your Path skills and re select the chosen Path.
- Accumulated Path EXP will be retained.
- Must be Level 40 to purchase with NX Credit.
- Can only use if you have already selected a path.
- At the end of the sale, the Path Change Ticket will remain on sale in the Supply Depot.

Independence BOGO

Sale Start

Sale End

Sale Details
Each purchase of a Merc Recovery Potion and Merc Recovery Potion Plus will reward double the normal amount for free, and Novice and Cadet Badges are 50% off!

Sale Notes
- No limit on the number of BoGo Purchases.

Click the link here for full details on today's events and sales.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Plz male mage. I've been waiting for this.

I've always wanted a pretty boy character but none of the play styles appealed to me during the jump events. Hurk's face is okay but GS cost too much.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alder posted:

Plz male mage. I've been waiting for this.

I've always wanted a pretty boy character but none of the play styles appealed to me during the jump events. Hurk's face is okay but GS cost too much.

my lann is pretty af

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jul 4, 2015

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

my lann is pretty af

oh bb :swoon:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Season 3 Episode 1 is for sure coming on July 16th.

quote:

“Gone, but not forgotten”, they say. But the dead are never truly gone, so long as we remember them. Their names live on as Legend, an eternal testament to their deeds of valor.

At least, that is how it should be, but no sooner do they breathe their last, are the Heroes of Rocheste and Colhen utterly forgotten… all memory of them sundered as surely as their armor... an injustice that no righteous man can allow to pass.

Season 3 has arrived to Vindictus, and the stakes have been raised to the very thing that all warriors hold dear: Their Legacy. When Episode 1 arrives this July, you’ll want to be well stocked for the fight, and we want to help out by giving you the opportunity to claim a package valued well over 60,000 NX for FREE!

All you need to do to claim your Season 3 Preparedness Package is sign up by clicking on the button, and then return to Vindictus after Episode 1 arrives on July 16th, 2015. A package with all of the items below will be granted to the highest level character on the account, but the package can be mailed freely to other characters on your account. If there are multiple high level characters, the Season 3 Preparedness Package will be sent to the oldest character. This is available to anyone with an account created before July 6th, has a level 60 Character as of July 6th and has never been banned.

Just remember to login, because you'll only have until August 26th to claim the following prizes!

When Episode 2 of Season 3 arrives on September 10th to continue the story, anyone that previously claimed their Season 3 Preparedness Pack will receive an exclusive in-game cosmetic item themed after Episode 2’s massive bruiser, Braha! You’ll have until 11:59 PM PDT on September 24th to claim it!

This new death has changed the world of Vindictus, in ways that will reach far and wide. Join us as the story unfolds, and as the bitter consequences of such an event make their mark on the world.

*Gift package available only to players who complete registration by 7/12/15 at 11:59:59 pm PDT, who have created their account prior to 7/5/15, who have at least one level 60 character in that account, and who have no history of bans or suspensions. To receive the gift package after registration, players must log in to Vindictus at least one (1) time between 7/16/15 and 9/24/15. Failure to log in will void the gift package. Limit one gift package per person or nexon.net account. Items received in gift package are assignable to characters created through the same account, but are not tradeable, assignable, loanable, or otherwise disposable. Gift items are in-game items that have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.

:frogsiren: It is very important that you register for the free stuff :frogsiren:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 7, 2015

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I got a decently enchanted +10 infinity twinsword so I decided to destroy my cheapo nighthawk sword by way of Ferghus. It got to +12 so now I need enchants on it I guess :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I registered w/o trouble.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Welp one of my accounts can register but my older account can't and I think its because it got hacked like 4 years ago :rip:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I've never been banned or hacked and I can't register. I wonder if this has anything to do with the cryptic "suspicious activity" message that stops me from buying NX with a debit card. Maybe it's time I submitted a ticket to fix that.

UPDATE: They appear to have fixed the problem. You're not a crook this time Richard Nexon.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 7, 2015

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

I've never been banned or hacked and I can't register. I wonder if this has anything to do with the cryptic "suspicious activity" message that stops me from buying NX with a debit card. Maybe it's time I submitted a ticket to fix that.

UPDATE: They appear to have fixed the problem. You're not a crook this time Richard Nexon.

I had the same problem and was in the exact same situation (alas, no more free NX for this guy) and it is fixed for me also. Maybe I'll actually muster the will to play when S3 actually comes out.

I did log in and remember how bad I was when I was forced to solo a boss I had never fought before. Should buy some Apoc swords for my Vella so I can actually solo the rear end in a top hat.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Free stuff is cool. I hope it doesn't lag too much on the 16th.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

OnceIWasAnOstrich posted:

I had the same problem and was in the exact same situation (alas, no more free NX for this guy) and it is fixed for me also. Maybe I'll actually muster the will to play when S3 actually comes out.

I did log in and remember how bad I was when I was forced to solo a boss I had never fought before. Should buy some Apoc swords for my Vella so I can actually solo the rear end in a top hat.
I've beaten him with Benedictions and with Skeleton chainblades and I definitely recommend the chains. Not just because my chains are better than my swords, but because sword Vella has problems avoiding damage from Muir's attacks. Also, I'm pretty sure you were meant to learn to fight him during Free Grace weekend. There's still practice mode, I guess?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I finally got Fancy Footwork on sword Vella :getin:

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

I finally got Fancy Footwork on sword Vella :getin:
How did you deal with the chained attacks? Cross cut, double cross or dodge?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

How did you deal with the chained attacks? Cross cut, double cross or dodge?

It was mostly always aiming away from him when I used cross cut and lots of dodge spamming to get away. Also I turned my graphics down to shitgarbage for it which probably helped a little bit.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Two days left until S3E1 comes out. We should probably have a new thread that day, or maybe the day after if anything goes wrong with the servers. What's our thread title going to be?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Two days left until S3E1 comes out. We should probably have a new thread that day, or maybe the day after if anything goes wrong with the servers. What's our thread title going to be?

lewtt posted:

this game is pretty fun as a vindictus refugee
i mean nexon refugee
i mean emotional abuse refugee

something something Skyforge

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

so, i've never been really excited for a new character until now

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

http://coronaplease.tumblr.com/

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

ArchWizard posted:

Gotta be a little forward thinking given the lifespan of the thread.

- Clashing, slashing, and lazer blasting
- Come watch J-Pop idol Hagie cut himself with magic knives
- Closed world MMOs are the new hipster trend

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

- the only mmo with a ladyboy class

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Vindictus Season 3: Who doesn't love a swift kick to the chestnuts?

EDIT: Also a thing here

quote:

Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled game update on Thursday, July 16th, 2015 at 6:30 AM PDT.

During this period, all servers will be unavailable. Due to the significant number of tasks to perform and updates to make and verify, we anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 7.5 hours, concluding at around 2:00 PM PDT.

- Start and End Time -

Pacific: 6:30 AM - 2:00 PM PDT

Eastern: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM EDT

Australia: 11:30 PM - 7:00 AM AEST (Friday, July 17th, 2015)

- What -

Server Maintenance
Windows Update
Rewarding for Fancy Footwork Event
Rewarding of Season 3 Preparedness Packages
Release of Season 3 - Episode 1
New Battle Quests
New Boss - Regina
Level Cap Increase
New Weapons and Armor
New Outfitters
New Events
And More!

Thank you for your patience.

-- The Vindictus Team --
I don't see anything on that list about a Seal Shop update :smith:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 15, 2015

Sabby23
Nov 10, 2010

Stay fresh!

ArchWizard posted:

I don't see anything on that list about a Seal Shop update :smith:

They showed off the new seal shop prices in the community summit stream. It's part of the update tomorrow for sure.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

spending out my warchest on scrolls, oh boy

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Think I"ll drop back into this game a bit, but I'm betting maintenance will be extended by at least 3x the original amount.

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

RoyalScion posted:

Think I"ll drop back into this game a bit, but I'm betting maintenance will be extended by at least 3x the original amount.

Surprisingly, Nexon America has been a little more competent than you might remember them being. Most maintenance is done on time or even ahead of schedule and the servers run pretty well, the top of the hour lag even seems to be shorter that it was.

That doesn't mean, of course, that the servers won't be a hot piece of poo poo tonight between all the people coming back and all the new accounts being made to grab the event items, because they totally will.

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Nyfrin posted:

Surprisingly, Nexon America has been a little more competent than you might remember them being. Most maintenance is done on time or even ahead of schedule and the servers run pretty well, the top of the hour lag even seems to be shorter that it was.

Has this gotten better in the last 3-4 weeks? It was pretty atrocious last month.

Nyfrin
Jul 8, 2006

Servers are up~

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance ended twenty minutes early :smuggo: Also: drat, there's a lot going on this season. I'm not going to post it all here because we're supposed to have a new thread. Who's going to make it? Is it me? And does anyone have last-minute title suggestions?

EDIT: loving hell the preparedness package isn't tradeable and Nexon says they might need up until next week to fix it.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 16, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

Maintenance ended twenty minutes early :smuggo: Also: drat, there's a lot going on this season. I'm not going to post it all here because we're supposed to have a new thread. Who's going to make it? Is it me? And does anyone have last-minute title suggestions?

EDIT: loving hell the preparedness package isn't tradeable and Nexon says they might need up until next week to fix it.

ahahahahahahahahahaha we're all shocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ArchWizard posted:

E1 is a Bail Out for Big Carriage

• Locked thread