Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Is there a thread for the 2014/15 season or am I missing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Not that I know of, fire away!

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

Shmoses posted:

Is there a thread for the 2014/15 season or am I missing it?

It'll come in time - I'll do it soon if no one else does and it will be marvelously victory centric.

Although I really wouldn't mind if Tuggaranong knock us off Tuesday night, I loving love the FFA cup. And my local side just got promoted to the NPL for first time in donkeys - finally get to see South Melbourne running around with the scrubs in Geelong and all will be right with the world

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I'm big on the cup too, and I will be upset if we get knocked out. I don't care if we never win it again, I wanna win the first one

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
It has been rather fun to watch. I think Fox may be ruing not to broadcast all of the first round.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I started an OP but got as far as the intro and brisbane roar section then gave up because :effort: and gently caress spending time and effort on anything south of the tweed. I can send you a link to it if you want Tongues

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Since you guys are going to have that Asian Cup thing next year is the A-League going on break or do what the MLS does and disregard any international competition other than the World Cup and play during it?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
From memory, the Asian cup is in our offseason. I don't know about everyone else. We follow the European seasons unlike most of asia as far as I know.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

LordPants posted:

From memory, the Asian cup is in our offseason. I don't know about everyone else. We follow the European seasons unlike most of asia as far as I know.

Asian cup is in january but there aren't any games schedualed for the roar after the 4th until febuary so it seems the A League is getting a international break!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I'm really pumped about the asian cup and between all my mates coming to all the Melbourne games we spent $1500 on tickets, everyone (even non footy people) are up for it and it's going to own

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Byolante posted:

I started an OP but got as far as the intro and brisbane roar section then gave up because :effort: and gently caress spending time and effort on anything south of the tweed. I can send you a link to it if you want Tongues

That's an idea. Depending on how I go at work I'll try and knock something together over the next couple of days, although I'm likely to cop out and just get people to do their own teams while I do the fun bits

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I thought about writing an op but it was just going to be 69 different pictures of world record holder Archie Thompson and Carlos, Champion

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Central Coast Mariners entry can just use a placeholder image of a street bum. Sums up Gosford fairly accurately and the club.

Is a Mariners fan

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

I thought about writing an op but it was just going to be 69 different pictures of world record holder Archie Thompson and Carlos, Champion

Well gently caress that explains my high Turnitin score

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Up the victory

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

I hope everyone is watching the FFA cup rn

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Loving how tuggeranong have the traditional fat lad

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Fuckin hell pain is quick

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Fuckin hell pain is quick

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Oh my word!!!

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Pain is loving dominating I love him

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm sorry I haven't been pulling my weight.

You lot, you can find a stream on your usual sources or head to wiziwig.tv

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm not sure I agree with Tuggeranong's strategy of leaving Victory's strikers an incredible amount of space is a good idea

I mean they might somehow hurt themselves on the goal posts but long shot

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I'm not sure I agree with Tuggeranong's strategy of leaving Victory's strikers an incredible amount of space is a good idea

I mean they might somehow hurt themselves on the goal posts but long shot

The tuggies are just wildly too slow, it's insane

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

This zwed kid is easily their only threat , the fat lad up top is hilariously out of his depth

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I enjoy that their first foray into the attacking 3rd was spent on a short corner. Good idea lads

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I can't Bentleigh are winning, they've been shithouse in the NPL, and pretty much relied on a Villa vs Liverpool situation to beat Blacktown

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I enjoy that their first foray into the attacking 3rd was spent on a short corner. Good idea lads

The first corner they had they just belted out of play, so it's hard to say a short corner was worse

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Fair enough, I missed that then. drat long queue at the kfc drive thru

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Robbie Slaters skin is too tight and it looks like a skull

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

Fair enough, I missed that then. drat long queue at the kfc drive thru

What did u get, I'm partial to a zinger burger

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I'm also really enjoying seeing all the players I've been watching in state leagues - every time I recognize some part time builders name I smugly nod to myself and enjoy the smell of my own farts :smugdog:

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

What did u get, I'm partial to a zinger burger

Zinger stacker mate, why only have one zinger when you can carboload like a boss

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Tongues posted:

I'm also really enjoying seeing all the players I've been watching in state leagues - every time I recognize some part time builders name I smugly nod to myself and enjoy the smell of my own farts :smugdog:

Lol, this is the first season I've watched state league teams and I've got to say, I'm loving it

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Bogan Krkic posted:

Lol, this is the first season I've watched state league teams and I've got to say, I'm loving it

It's pretty fun, the NSW NPL youtube is the most professional, the Vic one is a bit of a crapshoot dependign on whether they bother or not; but the Hellas and Knights looks after their own clubs pretty well. The other clubs usually have them as well but it's a different league (a bit like Football Chaos if you watch those).

Only problem is that a lot of them like to have 20 minute highlight reels so you get like 18 minutes of throw ins.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
A FLLAAAARRREEEE 11!!11!

aaaarrrhhh SOKKAH HOOLIGANS

hope ya mums proud of ya

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Lol at the commentators so mad about flares

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

They had the flares out in preseason there was always going to be one tonight

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Guuuuuuuiiii

I don't get the flare hatred really, really the pitch is the safest place for it. LEss people than in the stands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

My stream stopped for 15 seconds and I miss a goa ffs

• Locked thread