Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hey Tom, you should probably cover up or get rid of that SS tattoo on your neck, fella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Gonz posted:

Hey Tom, you should probably cover up or get rid of that SS tattoo on your neck, fella.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same goddamned thing. And that's just the most obvious of the ink he got. =/

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Just put on a shirt with a collar FFS !

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm actually surprised NBC hasn't gotten flak for that yet. There's literally no loving need whatsoever for him to keep the SS mark on his loving neck.

az
Dec 2, 2005

So I skipped through most of this episode, did pouty mcsadface realize he is her goddamn father yet?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

az posted:

So I skipped through most of this episode, did pouty mcsadface realize he is her goddamn father yet?

No, but you know how she's wanted him to tell her the truth all this time? Well he told her some of it and then she got pissed off at him that he didn't lie to her and tell her that was all the truth.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

AoU Spoiler

Ultron is literally robotic Reddington and its loving amazing :allears:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

AoU Spoiler

Ultron is literally robotic Reddington and its loving amazing :allears:
I finished S1 of Blacklist maybe a year ago and just forgot about it but now after watching AoU I'm binging through S2 as we speak.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Gonz posted:

Hey now. Maybe it's two lightning bolts, to represent how he's so awesome, it's doubly shocking.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

tarlibone posted:

Hey now. Maybe it's two lightning bolts, to represent how he's so awesome, it's doubly shocking.

I see what you did there.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

az posted:

I hope you didn't skip through the Code 77 "call to action" montage. That was great.

az
Dec 2, 2005

Binary Logic posted:

I hope you didn't skip through the Code 77 "call to action" montage. That was great.

you mean the bad guys storming the safehouse? only good part of the ep imo.

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
What did Red admit to near the end? I didn't catch all of it. I knew he hired Mr. SS to watch her and he got involved.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

PowerBuilder3 posted:

What did Red admit to near the end? I didn't catch all of it. I knew he hired Mr. SS to watch her and he got involved.

Part of it was Red informing Lizzie that the ~*~relationship~*~ she had with Tom was genuine; because Red fired Tom from spying on her shortly after they first got romantically involved.

Now things are so terribly, terribly complicated!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm pretty sure there was actual Keane nipple visible for a split second in that last scene.

As a woman, I have pretty good nipple recognition.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Injured Reddington was totally doing the same shuffle that the first Ultron bot does in the Avengers trailers

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"By showing the Fulcrum to the Director, you've made yourself a target, Lizzy."

"Awwww, but I wanted to feel *important*!"

Also, we're to believe Red had the *only* evil oligarch in his custody who *hadn't* watched Marathon Man and rooted for Zell?

az
Dec 2, 2005

My recording cut out when the music started playing, did anything of value happen after?

(lmao I know right)

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Kean standing in the rain in a very thin shirt

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What was the weird Chinese ritual thing again? I didn't get it. I wasn't really paying attention though. Relevant to story or monster of the week?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Bape Culture posted:

What was the weird Chinese ritual thing again? I didn't get it. I wasn't really paying attention though. Relevant to story or monster of the week?

Relevant to the story insofar as 1) it establishes a Monster of the Week, 2) it provides impetus for some members of the team to investigate and find the next likely target of the MotW, and 3) it gives the writers a chance to show how sprawling the conspiracy is by telling us that the MotW, whose motivations seem specific to one particular crazy thing involving smuggling, also just happens to be such a great smuggler that he's connected to the Cabal.

So... yeah, sort-of relevant.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

And that by keeping a rich Chinese family from getting their fresh mail-order corpse, that the team is bringing ~bad juju~ down upon their heads.

Oh yeah, and Sydney Lizzy is the daughter of two KGB illegals.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

And is in fact Russian herself which I'm sure the FBI would love to know what with that security clearance and all. Hell in the pilot Ressler gets all twisted that her father being a criminal didn't show up on her background checks. I don't think they even ran a credit check on her before handing over the badge. It could sorta be like a second generation illegals program like The Americans except the whole point is that the second generation are actual Americans. It's also a legit good show that doesn't require the Spaderman to carry the whole drat thing. The Americans is also horrifying on so many levels it's physically painful but amazing.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I was wrong - *tonight* was the night the show became Alias Mk2. All it needed was someone to have a bomb in their head, which in truth it DID have since the virus made people hemorrhage from their goddamned eyes.

It was also pretty damned clear that the CIA depot was going to be the target, and they practically walked you into the "Lizzy is the trojan horse" play at the beginning.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I disagree. This new plot twist involving Keen is less Alias and more Salt.

Except not as batshit over the top awesome as Salt.

MarksMan
Mar 18, 2001
Nap Ghost
Are the victims on the list ranked in order of importance? i.e. Is victim #1 supposed to be the "super villain" or "Most Wanted" of Red?

Trammel
Dec 31, 2007

MarksMan posted:

Are the victims on the list ranked in order of importance? i.e. Is victim #1 supposed to be the "super villain" or "Most Wanted" of Red?

This doesn't matter. No matter what the reason is, it'll change when the writers need a new twist, or they forget the original reason.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Trammel posted:

This doesn't matter. No matter what the reason is, it'll change when the writers need a new twist, or they forget the original reason.

The Blacklist was a list Red had at the beginning of the series except I guess the Fulcrum, which he didn't have, actually had The Blacklist so Red was just really lucky?

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

WhyteRyce posted:

The Blacklist was a list Red had at the beginning of the series except I guess the Fulcrum, which he didn't have, actually had The Blacklist so Red was just really lucky?

The blacklist is just Red's phonebook.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

*bangs head gently against wall*

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Gonz posted:

*bangs head gently against wall*

Yeah, pretty much my take on it as well. This is usually where I parody the episode with questionably silly quotes, but honestly I'm worried the next season is going to be Where In The World is Lizzy Sandiego.

Small aside: "I want you to *carefully* review this information, and, *at the right time*, expose these people and out the truth. Just be very clear about one thing, investigating these people will make you and everyone you love a target."

*at least one reporter breaks the story the next day*

"Wow, all the hipsters are right for once - *gently caress* print journalism."

*thick African accent* "I *told* you that you should've leaked to Buzzfeed. More readers."

"Seriously, Dembe...ever since their 'Top 10 Terrible African Warlords the West is Ignoring' article, you've been such a *fanboy* for them."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:08 on May 15, 2015

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
In all honesty ITT they should just ditch the whole overarching plot and just make it a procedural of Red going around being :smug: week to week with Spader having at least 60-90% of the dialogue.

Actually gently caress the procedural, just turn it into an hour of short skits featuring Red in various shady deals and negotiations.

Or monologues.

EDIT: That said, all for Where in the World is Elizabeth Keen next season.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 15, 2015

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Where they're taking this has renewed my interest, in no small part because it'll probably jack up Spader's screen time.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Not a bad season finale, actually. Only thing that was pretty loving stupid was Tom going from "No come away with me now" to "OK let's go investigate the virus guy" and then, for some reason, back to "OK bye" in the span of an evening. Dude changes his mind more than a toddler.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
One of my favourite aspects of this show is that whenever Red says, "LIzzie you have to get out of there right now!" she will spend the next 5 minutes staying where she is in order to talk to him/look for something/fantasize about her nazi ex-husband.

Accretionist posted:

Where they're taking this has renewed my interest, in no small part because it'll probably jack up Spader's screen time.

I hope next season is like :twentyfour:

Keen is a fugitive on the run from the law, but has to achieve 3 objectives:
-clear her name in Sen Hawkes murder (although seems less important now that she killed Connolly)
-take down The Cabal
-reconcile her past (patricide?) and Learn The Truth.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 16, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Ok Blacklist, Homeland, let's see who can out awful the other when writing your main character back into the <insert agency> by the end of the season after being on the run and proving to be entirely unqualified.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 17, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Liz fires a Sig p229 at Tom, and then drops a Glock 19 on the ground. There is a gratuitous shot of each one so it isn't hard to miss.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Liz fires a Sig p229 at Tom, and then drops a Glock 19 on the ground. There is a gratuitous shot of each one so it isn't hard to miss.

I assume you mean "... so it is hard to miss," meaning that any attentive viewer would notice this continuity error. (Otherwise, the "gratuitous shot of each one" comment makes no sense.)

That said, it's only hard to miss if you're a gun nerd. Not saying that's a bad thing, mind you, but honestly, this little detail flew right past me. To be fair, though, I probably would have only noticed it if she'd shot him with a revolver and dropped a semiautomatic weapon.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Maybe I just haven't been paying much attention the last few episodes, but out of all of that, it was the reveal about Cooper's illness that I didn't see coming and genuinely surprised me the most. It had always been such an odd little side-plot, but I guess having him be indebted to Connolly was enough of an explanation to throw me off.

I did love Ressler's little "You'll be hunted, Keen. By me." Because that worked out so well during his years chasing Reddington. I just want to give him a pat on the head for always trying his darnedest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockzilla
Feb 19, 2007

Squish!

KatWithHands posted:

I did love Ressler's little "You'll be hunted, Keen. By me." Because that worked out so well during his years chasing Reddington. I just want to give him a pat on the head for always trying his darnedest.

Well, it's not like Lizzie is an All-Star either.

• Locked thread