Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordOfWar
Feb 23, 2007
YOU ARE NO MATCH FOR ME!!!
the latest patch where we can basically run a crime business probably messed it up, time to dust the armored cars off and steal everyone's poo poo :p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Does anyone else get a crash when they try to start the game? When I try to launch GTA V, Social Club downloads a 54.38 MB patch and then crashes with the message "GTA V Launcher has stopped working". I've looked around for fixes; disabling the graphics card hasn't worked, nor running as an administrator, nor verifying the files. I have the non-Steam version of the game and I no longer have the install disks, so I'm not able to reinstall unless I can somehow activate it as a Steam version. What's the fix for this problem?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Chamale posted:

Does anyone else get a crash when they try to start the game? When I try to launch GTA V, Social Club downloads a 54.38 MB patch and then crashes with the message "GTA V Launcher has stopped working". I've looked around for fixes; disabling the graphics card hasn't worked, nor running as an administrator, nor verifying the files. I have the non-Steam version of the game and I no longer have the install disks, so I'm not able to reinstall unless I can somehow activate it as a Steam version. What's the fix for this problem?

Try this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/4mygy0/psa_if_youre_having_the_code_201_error_here_is_a/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hello I just started playing this even though it's 2016, I went into Michael's house to save not realising it would start a mission (Daddy's Little Girl) so I shot the floor to fail it because this is a great sandbox game that definitely lets you do your own thing your own way, then I quit. Now the mission icon isn't there. Will it reappear or something? What happened

edit: I got a taxi to my house and the mission started. ok

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jul 20, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah usually if you fail a mission the characters will actually acknowledge it and imply that you can do it later. One of the neat little touches of the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
All you had to do was follow the train, CJ.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I had this on PS3, completed it, and in single player could basically spawn any DLC vehicle in my garage. Now I've got it on PS4, I've completed it again, and I seem to be unable to spawn anything more than an Elegy RH8. Is there something I'm missing or is this a feature missing from the PS4 version?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Anjow posted:

I had this on PS3, completed it, and in single player could basically spawn any DLC vehicle in my garage. Now I've got it on PS4, I've completed it again, and I seem to be unable to spawn anything more than an Elegy RH8. Is there something I'm missing or is this a feature missing from the PS4 version?

It's not missing, the PC/Bone/PS4 versions integrated the cars and weapons from Online patches differently - the cars spawn in the open world and are available for purchase from the ingame websites. The weapons are available for purchase in Ammunation and unlock based on story progress (which sucks TBH)

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Going to fire this up finally, anything I should know going into it for the first time - things to do/not to do/not to miss because I can't go back to them? Side missions I should beeline for because they unlock significant content?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Going to fire this up finally, anything I should know going into it for the first time - things to do/not to do/not to miss because I can't go back to them? Side missions I should beeline for because they unlock significant content?

If you want to have enough money to easily buy all the properties and basically live the rich person's dream, Franklin has a series of Assassination missions that influence the stock market. You should consider checking out a guide for it, since it'll tell you what stocks to put all your money in for all three characters to get the maximum payout; the first mission is required to progress in the story, but after that, the idea is you save the rest until after you complete the story and use all your money to buy those stocks, so you'll make stupid amounts of profit and have more money than you'll ever know what to do with.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Crappy Jack posted:

If you want to have enough money to easily buy all the properties and basically live the rich person's dream, Franklin has a series of Assassination missions that influence the stock market. You should consider checking out a guide for it, since it'll tell you what stocks to put all your money in for all three characters to get the maximum payout; the first mission is required to progress in the story, but after that, the idea is you save the rest until after you complete the story and use all your money to buy those stocks, so you'll make stupid amounts of profit and have more money than you'll ever know what to do with.

Finding a guide for this particular aspect of the single-player campaign is what made the game worth it for me after the main story was over. All 3 characters ended up with--my math might be a little off here--more money than any of them could ever need to buy anything at all in the whole game. Find a guide for the assassination missions and save them for when your characters are flush with cash. Then follow the guide, save often, and don't chicken out on waiting to sell.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I just started a motorcycle club called BIEKS. Anyone want to join? Username Frago Bren

Edit: on PS4

Day Man fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 7, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Wrong thread

Otacon fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 7, 2016

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
I have never played this game because I didn't like 4 and then just kind of forgot about it. (Yeah I know) But my body is ready. I was surprised when I looked at istheradeal that it was still so expensive and there are so many different packs and cards? As someone that only wants to play single player content what bundle should I be looking at?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dial M for MURDER posted:

I have never played this game because I didn't like 4 and then just kind of forgot about it. (Yeah I know) But my body is ready. I was surprised when I looked at istheradeal that it was still so expensive and there are so many different packs and cards? As someone that only wants to play single player content what bundle should I be looking at?

None of them, the shark cards are only for GTA Online funbux, nothing that affects single player at all.

Don't pay full price - it's not a $60 game anymore despite what Steam is telling you. Shop around.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Thanks Otacon, I was wondering what the card stuff was about. Looks like I can get the base game for $39.99 on Nuuvem. That sound about right?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Sounds great

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
So the absolute dearth of content in GTA Online and not GTA V - that will one day be available right? Any way to hack it into single player? I don't give a gently caress about comprimising my Rockstar account.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Hack it for what? Money? I'm sure can download a mod/trainer for single player that gives you tons of cash.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There are trainers for the singleplayer that bring the online vehicles and weapons into single player. I think someone at Rockstar gets off on teasing single player content but never releasing it. before they brought the social menu option of opening trunks and doors and whatnot, the guy who played Franklin instagrammed a picture of his character grabbing something out of a trunk. I don't know how he would have gotten that screenshot unless Rockstar was doing something with single player.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Even as a first time player you should hack and give yourself shitloads of money. The money in single player is deliberately poo poo, you really can't make money and spending money before endgame fucks you, so just cheat a shitload so you can buy whatever you want and not worry about it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
What is the best trainer to use that won't give me a virus?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Rage plugin or Scripthook.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

K8.0 posted:

Even as a first time player you should hack and give yourself shitloads of money. The money in single player is deliberately poo poo, you really can't make money and spending money before endgame fucks you, so just cheat a shitload so you can buy whatever you want and not worry about it.

This is so laughably wrong. Spread your attention between activities (story/side/collectibles) and use Lester's stock market assassinations to build your bank. Waiting until the very end of the game to do Lester's is what a minmaxing nerd who hates fun will do.

Don't buy any of the businesses.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Even if you don't have much money, if you do the lester stock missions and invest with each character, you'll have at least a hundred million dollars when you're done. Or just cheat the money in.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

Rage plugin or Scripthook.

Savegame editor works too.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Zigmidge posted:

Don't buy any of the businesses.

So I'm actually right, but you're just going to say I'm wrong to be stupid. OK, got it.

The reality is that if you actually want to have fun in GTA V, enjoy all the guns, vehicles, etc, you're going to blow through your cash supply incredibly quickly. There's no way to really make money other than the story, which is all back-loaded, so if you want to actually enjoy the game and play around with all the content as it becomes available the only real solution is to cheat.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
k8.0 I don't know what your beef with this game is but you play it like a robot.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
At least in the PS3/X360 version you got a lot of free cars and weapons from GTA:Online patches but they've all been integrated into the regular SP progression now, you have to buy the 4-car garages (about 30k on each character), guns are unlocked with story progress and cost money as well, and cars can be stolen off the streets (instead of being free from a list in the garage) but if you blow them up or lose them in any other way, they're gone and they never added Online's garage/insurance system to SP so that will keep happening.

It's true that you don't really need to min-max the money from assassinations just to get by, pushing the main story while saving as much as possible until after the first, mandatory assassination gives you enough for weapons/ammo and to pimp your default cars.

However, saying "spread your attention and build your bank" is willfully ignoring how you're rewarded in large junks from just a handful of activities and everything else pays nothing while the Housers go "we refuse to reward you, aren't we funny by also making your character realize this and complain about it LOL we're so smart! :haw:".

He's not wrong in this regard - if you want the properties or to never have to worry about money, it always comes down to pushing the story far enough to get the heist rewards you need before doing stock market stuff after assassinations (ie. fewer heists required to get the cheap ones, wait until almost the end for the expensive ones). Which is pretty dumb because some properties have okay missions that (due to how the spawn system works for them) probably never show up if you only buy them at the end of the game. At this point just cheat it in instead.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I had absolutely no problem with money, and I only cheated some money in at the post-endgame because I really wanted to own all those dumb movie theaters with Michael and they're all millions of dollars each.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
You might as well cheat in money. Everyone does the assassination mission/stock market gaming deal which is literally a money cheat except that you have to wait until after you beat the game to do it.

Dial M for MURDER
Sep 22, 2008
Is there a kosher mod to download to update the graphics a bit? With talk of getting banned for trying to get a DS4 with proper prompts, I don't want to get something that will screw me over.

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

So Rockstar posted a teaser image up on their Twitter and Newswire.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nice JPEG artifacts. RDR remake?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Probably more like Red Dead Redemption 2.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Clearly it's both. :colbert:

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
GTA: Moscow.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

Probably more like Red Dead Redemption 2.

Better have a PC port this time :argh:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So at least another 2 years before it comes out on consoles and then another 1.5 - 2 years before the PC port. Shrugging so hard at this tease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
I've been having an urge to play through EFLC again - does anyone have a walk through on how to get it working properly on windows 10?

• Locked thread