Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

This show in ten words: Two bros, a car, mullet rock, and kicking serious rear end.

Elaborate please? The Winchester brothers, Sam and Dean, take on pretty much anything you can think of and come out on top. Ghosts, vampires, wendigo, dragons, fairies, wayward psychics, ancient gross oil monsters, demons, angels, and even their own grandfather (on their Mom's side, and twice if we count time travel) have all faced and fallen to these boys. Bad poo poo happens, to them, to their friends, and to the world, and they're always there mopping up the mess (and usually preventing it from getting worse).

Well that sounds complex and that's a lot of seasons to go through. Less than you'd think, but cripes we're coming into the 9th season. What the hell do you expect? The good news is that it's readily available on Netflix Instant (1-8 loving FINALLY are available) and as well as Hulu Plus and Amazon Instant

Everything from here out is incredibly spoilery for everything to have aired, and trust me some serious poo poo went down in the last five minutes of the finale last season.

Major Players:

Minor Players:

Charlie Bradbury (Felicia Day) is a source of contention among most of the people who watch here. Most can agree she talks like the internet. As to whether or not that's a bad thing is up to the viewer.

Abaddon: Knight of Hell{Alaina Huffman} Of all the minor players this last season, most likely to become a big bad. Looking to take advantage of Crowley's weakened state and take position as ruler of Hell.

Benny Lafitte (Ty Olsson) If Gambit were a vampire. Dead by Dean, was his buddy in Purgatory and helped him escape. Provided some bromance while he was around.

Amelia Richardson (Liane Balaban) Who? Sam's squeeze while Dean was in Purgatory. Disappeared midseason, but since this show likes to bring back characters, and Sam's poison dick hasn't killed her yet, we're likely going to see her again. Unfortunately.

Garth Fitzgerald IV (DJ Qualls) is a hunter ally. Surprisingly competent with the people side of things, though decidedly less effective on the fighting side. Taking on the hallowed trucker cap of Bobby Singer as the go to Behind the Scenes guy for most hunters, as well as Sam and Dean

{Click Me, too, for Spoilers on the upcoming premier!)

Click here for some ginormous gifs of the wrath Booger wraught.

Other Things of Note:
Misha Collins has a Twitter Account and loosely related to that is the annual scavenger hunt he puts on GISHWHES

It's the....eye of the tiger!

And here again are All Eight of the Carry on Montages. In one lovely video.

Supernatural airs TUESDAYS this season, starting October 8th at 9pm EST as this video is keen to remind us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryvYKtujmFo

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Just finished S1, for the third or fourth time. I love this show. :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am not sure if we need more Garth episodes or one or two is enough as he will not get too overexposed.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

bobkatt013 posted:

I am not sure if we need more Garth episodes or one or two is enough as he will not get too overexposed.

I think two or three Garth episodes a season is good. As it stands, he's one of my favorite characters, he's just so great :3:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That is one top notch OP.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
I'm wondering if Chrissy might be a bigger fixture. She's had almost as many episodes as Felicia Day.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Olibu posted:

I'm wondering if Chrissy might be a bigger fixture. She's had almost as many episodes as Felicia Day.

Oh hey, I forgot about her. If I can get a good picture I'll bring her in as well.

Deadpool posted:

That is one top notch OP.

Also thanks :D

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Sep 25, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Olibu posted:

Here's hoping that Aaron and the Golem return to join the Justice League as well. Because now that they have a huge secret lair, it would be a crime not to have a huge war room scene with it.

It would be nice for Meg to return again at some point but they've pretty well confirmed that she's dead dead. Unless they decide to explore what happens to demons once they are killed at some point.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Lawlicaust posted:

Here's hoping that Aaron and the Golem return to join the Justice League as well. Because now that they have a huge secret lair, it would be a crime not to have a huge war room scene with it.

It would be nice for Meg to return again at some point but they've pretty well confirmed that she's dead dead. Unless they decide to explore what happens to demons once they are killed at some point.

Oh gawd I'm gonna miss Meg. :gonk: Bring her back please.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Esroc posted:

Oh gawd I'm gonna miss Meg. :gonk: Bring her back please.

Me too. They'd definitely have to recast her which isn't exactly a problem since they've done before. And that might make some people happy since quite a few people really disliked this version of Meg. I think the real issue with her coming back is that there would need to be a good lore reason for it. And the writers have already confirmed her as dead and it not just being a fake-out. Though they could retcon that since it wasn't confirmed in the show.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

Me too. They'd definitely have to recast her which isn't exactly a problem since they've done before. And that might make some people happy since quite a few people really disliked this version of Meg. I think the real issue with her coming back is that there would need to be a good lore reason for it. And the writers have already confirmed her as dead and it not just being a fake-out. Though they could retcon that since it wasn't confirmed in the show.

See, I was the exact opposite. The last meatsuit for Meg was the only version of her that I liked. I hated her to death until that point. For some reason that actress just clicked with me. Plus Megstiel wasn't given enough of a chance..

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Esroc posted:

See, I was the exact opposite. The last meatsuit for Meg was the only version of her that I liked. I hated her to death until that point. For some reason that actress just clicked with me. Plus Megstiel wasn't given enough of a chance..

Yeah, now that Castiel is human, he needs to be the pizza-man now more than ever.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho
With the end of S8, and the promo they released of the first 5 minutes or so, I got a good feeling some serious poo poo is gonna do down in S09E01.

In the meantime, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009
I finally caught up through S7 on Netflix. I need to find a way to watch S8 before my DVR fills up with S9!

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

mcswizzle posted:

I finally caught up through S7 on Netflix. I need to find a way to watch S8 before my DVR fills up with S9!

I think there's five episodes of season 8 up for streaming on the CW website, so that's a start.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Do not worry season 8 has a lot less Dick then season 7

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

bobkatt013 posted:

Do not worry season 8 has a lot less Dick then season 7

Of the Roman variety sure, but the winged versions are all over the drat place.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

cool kids inc. posted:

Of the Roman variety sure, but the winged versions are all over the drat place.

Alfie seemed like a decent guy, but Carter had to interfere.

CreepyGuy9000
Jul 9, 2013
I hope Abaddon becomes the big bad but he/she needs some more mojo, probably from souls ?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Also I'm going to be that nerd to point out that yes, one of them has died on Tuesday. A lot of Tuesdays.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

cool kids inc. posted:

Also I'm going to be that nerd to point out that yes, one of them has died on Tuesday. A lot of Tuesdays.

I have a feeling they probably chose the "never died on a Tuesday" angle on purpose specifically to reference that episode. I can't imagine some of the crazy fan feedback they must be getting right now about that though.

Edit: I'm more partial to Sam and Dean walking through Fate's death gauntlet in season 6. :v:

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 26, 2013

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.
I can't decide if I am really happy or completely annoyed to be all caught up for a full season of this show. I mean, I started this journey in January and caught up by Easter, so I only had a few episodes of the last season on a regular weekly schedule. This will either be awesome or kill me.

Unruly Amoeba
Feb 11, 2007
I'm excited for this season. Abaddon on the rise. Castiel and the rest of the angels having to learn what and how it is to be Human. This is shaping up to be a great season.

Also, cool kids inc, great OP and great summaries.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

chesh posted:

I can't decide if I am really happy or completely annoyed to be all caught up for a full season of this show. I mean, I started this journey in January and caught up by Easter, so I only had a few episodes of the last season on a regular weekly schedule. This will either be awesome or kill me.

I'm in the same boat. I got so hooked on this show that I was watching three or four episodes a night almost every night. When I hit season 8 I considered putting it off until season 9 was in full swing but just couldn't help myself. It's gonna suck having only one episode a week rather than marathoning multiple episodes back to back.

I hope to one day live in a future where all shows are released all at once a season at a time, like Arrested Development's 4th season on Netflix. I'd be perfectly okay with waiting a year between seasons so long as I could watch the entire season without interruption.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Esroc posted:

I'm in the same boat. I got so hooked on this show that I was watching three or four episodes a night almost every night. When I hit season 8 I considered putting it off until season 9 was in full swing but just couldn't help myself. It's gonna suck having only one episode a week rather than marathoning multiple episodes back to back.

I hope to one day live in a future where all shows are released all at once a season at a time, like Arrested Development's 4th season on Netflix. I'd be perfectly okay with waiting a year between seasons so long as I could watch the entire season without interruption.

It's gonna be worse. CW is one of those channels that loves to throw in multiple 2 week breaks breaks throughout the season. Usually after something big happens.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Tokubetsu posted:

It's gonna be worse. CW is one of those channels that loves to throw in multiple 2 week breaks breaks throughout the season. Usually after something big happens.

I'm having Lost season 2/3 flashbacks.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

What's Jared doing doing voice overs on this show?

http://youtu.be/u-HaEEv2p_o?t=19m23s

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno what the gently caress that was, but I don't think it's Jared...

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Oh Misha thinking of other people. http://twitpic.com/dfb0gb

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Saveron_01 posted:

Oh Misha thinking of other people. http://twitpic.com/dfb0gb

He even explicitly gives Dean his sausage :allears:

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I've decided to just watch this season with zero expectations. And I do mean zero. I've been so disappointed since the end of season 5 to now, there's no choice but to just abandon all hope.

I don't know how a show could go from making a groundhog episode hilariously funny and not repetitive, to making entire seasons that felt repetitive. If they do one more god drat Winchester death arc I'm going to loving lose it.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm excited for Tahmoh Penikett. :allears:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Now we just need Enver Gjokaj, and I'll be happy.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

GreenNight posted:

Now we just need Enver Gjokaj, and I'll be happy.

Yes, please bring in the human chameleon.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I keep hearing "men of letters" as men of lettuce. It annoys me to no end.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 29, 2013

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Olibu posted:

Yes, please bring in the human chameleon.

Seconding this, especially if he is Sam or Dean at any point.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I've just started rewatching Season 1 and it's amazing how hosed up Sam and Dean are even in the beginning. You know, when they still smiled and laughed and enjoyed things in life. Jesus Christ, John. Mary died and you went nuts and you broke them, you broke your children and you never even realized it because you were crazy too.

To me one of the most hosed up things about Supernatural is that John messes up his children in a desperate quest to keep them safe from the YED and other monsters while never knowing that everything he's doing is exactly what the bad guys wanted in the first place--making them warriors who could play their roles in the apocalypse.

Now I have to go read all the meta discussions I can find. E: Holy poo poo, I just started reading John's journal. Goddamn he's hosed up.

empty sea fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 29, 2013

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.
Yaaayyy! I think I should be able to follow this thread better especially with my new HuluPlus account. I just saw the last two episodes of season 8 just in time for the new season too. If Castiel learning to be human is any indication, a whole population of angels trying to figure it out should be pretty entertaining. :allears:

Also I'm attempting to get one of my friends watching this show and I'm going to give him the first two seasons tomorrow. However, I don't appreciate telling people 'ignore everything the internet's told you about Supernatural' when I'm trying to tell them how awesome this show is.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

scorpiobean posted:

Also I'm attempting to get one of my friends watching this show and I'm going to give him the first two seasons tomorrow. However, I don't appreciate telling people 'ignore everything the internet's told you about Supernatural' when I'm trying to tell them how awesome this show is.

Unlike with most shows, I think the internet actually enhances this one. "Wincest," "Destiel," Misha Collins himself... it's awful and wonderful at the same time, particularly how the actors seem to lap it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Manos del Sino posted:

Unlike with most shows, I think the internet actually enhances this one. "Wincest," "Destiel," Misha Collins himself... it's awful and wonderful at the same time, particularly how the actors seem to lap it up.

I don't know if "lap it up" is really the right phrase. From what I've seen they make fun of the whole thing pretty mercilessly every chance they get. And I think Jensen just stopped even acknowledging anything related to shipping at cons after a while.

• Locked thread