Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Hah, got a lovely surprise from a friend when I mentioned my idea.

Season 9 spoilers, I reckon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwZg4z6UN8

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I love the complete density of the single commenter for the video:

quote:

Nothing was different. The song doesnt fit in... I know its from the episode where sam wakes up over and over and dean dies. But if they added this song it would of Just confused everyone. 

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Good lord that boy is dense :doh:

Mr. Kennedy
May 24, 2003

I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 lbs. From Green Bay Wisconsin, MISTER KENNEDY!!!!!!! KENNEDY...
Wasn't there supposed to be a spinoff based on the one episode in chicago with the feuding monster families? Was that cancelled or cut?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Mr. Kennedy posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a spinoff based on the one episode in chicago with the feuding monster families? Was that cancelled or cut?

Cut. And hopefully dropped into Lucifer and Michael's cage.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 26, 2014

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Mr. Kennedy posted:

Praise be to Crowley it was cancelled

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

When I heard there was a spinoff there were so many things I could see working. I was way behind on the season but I knew it had aired and people hated it and it just kept thinking of possible spin offs I could see working for me but I could see fans hating.

Felicia Day? I know a lot of people would hate it but I'd give it a shot. Adventures in Oz? Ok, I have to.

The Men of Letters and Abbadon in the 50s? For sure.

Ghostfacers? How could I say no?

That one teenage girl hunter who's father died and she started hanging with other teenage hunters? I'm not in the demographic but I get your usual audience, CW.

Samuel Colt and Demon Knight Cain Omundson in the old west? Please, please, please.

Any random hunter introduced with a fun buddy or sexy girl or whatever? It could work.

Then I saw the worst episode of Supernatural ever that was genuinely painful to get through.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

STAC Goat posted:

When I heard there was a spinoff there were so many things I could see working. I was way behind on the season but I knew it had aired and people hated it and it just kept thinking of possible spin offs I could see working for me but I could see fans hating.

Felicia Day? I know a lot of people would hate it but I'd give it a shot. Adventures in Oz? Ok, I have to.

That one teenage girl hunter who's father died and she started hanging with other teenage hunters? I'm not in the demographic but I get your usual audience, CW.

Samuel Colt and Demon Knight Cain Omundson in the old west? Please, please, please.

Any random hunter introduced with a fun buddy or sexy girl or whatever? It could work.

Then I saw the worst episode of Supernatural ever that was genuinely painful to get through.

I just assumed the series was going to be a Dresden Files ripoff considering the Chicago location and the warring families.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Hell, I would have loved a sort of Supernatural Super friends with a Boy and his Golem, Ghostfacers, Teen Girl Hunter, Gabriel, even throw in Charlie

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I've said this here before, but honestly, as poo poo as Bloodlines was I really want them to wrap it up with a video game. Big open-world Chicago, Sam+Dean co-op, Kill All Monster Mobsters.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

It's hilarious because it's the exact same premise of The Originals. I mean did they even think, wow we already have one spin-off on this networks filled with warring supernatural factions in an urban area, we really need another?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Thanks a lot, I'd completely forgotten about that loving terrible episode until now. :mad:

Oh and I saw in the news that Jensen is selling a renovated house if any creepy superfans want to get in on it.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

hangedman1984 posted:

Hell, I would have loved a sort of Supernatural Super friends with a Boy and his Golem, Ghostfacers, Teen Girl Hunter, Gabriel, even throw in Charlie

Tales from the Supernatural - an anthology show about hunters who are not named Winchester, featuring some old faces and a lot of new ones, thirteen episodes a season, spin-off possibilities a-plenty.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea they over thought the spin-off thing big-time. All they needed to do is focus on a few hunters that aren't Sam and Dean, and give them some sort of different relationship other than siblings to make sure the dynamic is different. Maybe a husband and wife or something. Its not that complicated.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Basebf555 posted:

Yea they over thought the spin-off thing big-time. All they needed to do is focus on a few hunters that aren't Sam and Dean, and give them some sort of different relationship other than siblings to make sure the dynamic is different. Maybe a husband and wife or something. Its not that complicated.

Then how are they going to fit the model/actor quota for a new CW show? Making teen girls squeal is a vital statistic for them.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Then how are they going to fit the model/actor quota for a new CW show? Making teen girls squeal is a vital statistic for them.

Also Girl Power shows like Gossip Girl and Carrie Diaries.

So just give me my drat Felicia Day spinoff, CW.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Basebf555 posted:

I wanted an angel-based series, actually. I mean, in the apocryphal and essentially non-religious sense Supernatural uses them, where God is dead and angels are mostly dicks.

It's not like they couldn't make them hot angel characters with abs to fit the CW brand guideline. And an angel hunting demons and super-monsters or what-have-you would be awesome as balls.

Though, they didn't overthink it. If anything, they underthought it. They decided, what if we just made another Vampire Diaries / Originals project with sexy vampires, but then also added sexy other kinds of creatures. And slapped Supernatural on the title. It's the CW's version of a Theory of Everything.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Aug 27, 2014

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh, the only thing is the that there aren't really any threats to angels anymore.

Demons, if they know what they are doing, can catch one, but the leviathan are all gone and angels are still top tier "will smote the gently caress out of everything by touching it on the head" badasses. Even the nephilim are all gone, according to metatron, but even then it wasn't hard to kill one, just an angel blade poke.

As much as it pains me to say it, they need to move away from the apocalypse level badass guys and back down to regular hunters who have problems with things like zombies or wendigo or demons. Not everyone has a demon killing knife, so they'd actually be a threat again.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

After everything that's happened, it's hard to see some random zombie posing much of a threat. "We defeated gods and demons and angels, but this b grade monster is totally kicking our asses".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Eh, the only thing is the that there aren't really any threats to angels anymore.

Demons, if they know what they are doing, can catch one, but the leviathan are all gone and angels are still top tier "will smote the gently caress out of everything by touching it on the head" badasses. Even the nephilim are all gone, according to metatron, but even then it wasn't hard to kill one, just an angel blade poke.

As much as it pains me to say it, they need to move away from the apocalypse level badass guys and back down to regular hunters who have problems with things like zombies or wendigo or demons. Not everyone has a demon killing knife, so they'd actually be a threat again.

There are probably a bunch of new nephilim on the way what with all the angels trapped on earth for so long. :quagmire: Okay they aren't much of a threat as babies, but in 20 years there could be dozens of the buggers running around.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

GreenNight posted:

After everything that's happened, it's hard to see some random zombie posing much of a threat. "We defeated gods and demons and angels, but this b grade monster is totally kicking our asses".

They had a few episodes this season where it was just a random ghost (and they were arguably the best of the season). Actually I guess one of them was some random Roman goddess but there were a few that were just "a family of Vampires! A family of werewolves!" etc.

And then there's Dean turning into a dog! :haw:

computer parts fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 27, 2014

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

GreenNight posted:

True, but a lot of the entertainment of the hunting stuff doesn't necessarily come from "Oh no this thing is a threat" but from following the guys as they solve a mystery.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I meant for the spinoff. Nah I'm perfectly cool with the whole mark of cain and god level baddies for the winchesters. They have a batcave.

It's the new guys that I don't think can really survive against LOVECRAFTIAN HORRORS FROM THE DEEP or whatever they pull outta their rear end.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no problem buying a random ghost or zombie or werewolf as a threat to Winchesters. Just because you're a bad rear end doesn't mean you can't slip in the shower. A monster is dangerous. Just because you've dealt with bigger, more dangerous doesn't change that fact.

But yeah, I would enjoy a spinoff with a B+ hunter who basically starts where the Winchesters were at the start of the series. And inevitably they'd get powered up and more bad rear end through the seasons just like Sam and Dean did. But now that Sam and Dean are dealing with world/universe shaking stuff on a weekly basis it would be cool to watch some good characters just messing with the regular stuff.

At least until they stumble across some demon/angel/god/leviathon conspiracy and need to crossover with the pros.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Speaking of monsters... When do you think Cthulhu will make an appearance?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Babygravy posted:

Speaking of monsters... When do you think Cthulhu will make an appearance?

I think the Leviathans were supposed to be the series' interpretation of Old Ones.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BreakAtmo posted:

I think the Leviathans were supposed to be the series' interpretation of Old Ones.

Yeah, they seemed to hit all of those bases and the mantra since S4-5 has been "The Christian God actually made the universe, :dealwithit: ".

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

I meant for the spinoff. Nah I'm perfectly cool with the whole mark of cain and god level baddies for the winchesters. They have a batcave.

It's the new guys that I don't think can really survive against LOVECRAFTIAN HORRORS FROM THE DEEP or whatever they pull outta their rear end.

I think the problem with that is i'll just be retreading the same stuff as the early seasons and probably just end up feeling like a cheap knockoff.

If there was a spinoff with different hunters, it would be better to go back in time and have it start at the same time as the first season of Supernatural started. That way they could have the hunters focus mostly on low level monster based things but then ramp it up a bit when the apocalypse type stuff kicks in, but have the main cast dealing mostly with the fallout of that instead of being "the chosen ones". They could even take some of the guest characters from Supernatural and give them bigger roles in it to tie things together.

Maybe Garth would feature heavily in it or you could have whole plots around trying to find the colt (or finding and keeping it because i can't remember where it ended up).

Basically, for any main plot in supernatural that felt a little holey, you could use this series to patch/tighten it up.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

BreakAtmo posted:

It's also probably reference to the medieval idea of a leviathan being a demon or creature with a huge mouth who at sinners in Hell (rather than the Biblical sea monster thing).

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Seeing that the lead singer from Survivor has died, I think posting this is the right thing to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1yWsj9rNwQ

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Oh well I'm interested when they will finally uncover god and be like hey bro and stab him with the first blade

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

Babygravy posted:

Oh well I'm interested when they will finally uncover god and be like hey bro and stab him with the first blade

I don't think they have the balls to go with the Preacher ending.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Killing God doesn't mean much when you make God retarded, and basically just a dude. The Preacher ending is kind of stupid, and I'm absolutely certain they have the balls to go stupid.

Ed Zeddmore
Dec 12, 2011

:h:love will turn you around:h:
Here's the gag reel for Season 9 and the behind the scenes mockumentary :D

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

That mockumentary is AMAZING :haw:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ed Zeddmore posted:

Here's the gag reel for Season 9

You'd think a Demon Knight would have better trigger discipline. :colbert:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Stuff like this makes me want Supernatural to never end.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Genius!

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Babygravy posted:

My dream ending for this show is god showing up in a literal deus ex machina moment and saving the day. And god is played by William Shatner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
I demand that they turn that mockumentary thing into a full 'show'. Those two women following Jared around with mirrors :lol:

• Locked thread