Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Writer Cath posted:

"We're stopping for Slurpees. Bang once for Cherry and twice for Coke."

(long pause) *BANG BANG*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Darko posted:

It has to be pretty awesome to have a universal constant pretty much telling you you're the greatest ever.

gently caress yeah, only Death can reap the Winchesters!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

"We're stopping for Slurpees. Bang once for Cherry and twice for Coke."

CannedMacabre posted:

(long pause) *BANG BANG*

I love you both for this.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Awesome start for the new season, so much going on!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It's amazing how awesome this show can be going into its 9th season..

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Good start, didn't see that Ezekiel hitching a ride thing coming at all.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
This episode was pretty good, but I'm groaning at the fact that there is going to be another "Dean lies to Sam" plotline.

edit: at this point though that's almost part of the charm of the show however.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Corny posted:

This episode was pretty good, but I'm groaning at the fact that there is going to be another "Dean lies to Sam" plotline.

edit: at this point though that's almost part of the charm of the show however.

At least they're not doing another, "One of the brother tries to settle down and live a normal life" plotline, because those always suck all the air out of the show.

At least this time there's actually a somewhat decent reason for the lying.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

CannedMacabre posted:

(long pause) *BANG BANG*

This. And if it happens during the ride with the King in the trunk, I will never doubt anything I read on the internet, ever again. Ever, again. Looks like we get some Demon facetime next week. Here's the promo for Episode 2, "Devil May Care."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SNelMYfgkU

With Cas' being human, I think we'll get some good laughs on the silly childish things he does through the season. Maybe he will learn something else from the Pizza delivery guy?

Abaddon's being the main villian(?) this time around is exciting. I get the almost hate-love feeling with her as I did with Lucy. Her weakness is an Archangel right? Maybe we'll see the Devil again this time around. Cage opens to close Heaven, Hell, some kind of combo deal?

Death being back is just awesome, let alone in the FIRST episode of the season.

kill your idols fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 9, 2013

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Thought that was a good premiere, although I do get a leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetle tired of 'I gotta lie to my brother for his own good' variations. This is what, number 5?

I hope we see a lot more of Helo!

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
That premiere :allears:

Ezekiel was neat, Hael was terrifying, Death was awesome, Crowley pouting in the trunk was doubly awesome, Cas derping around between that realm of cute "aww" and heartbreaking "aww" was done well...

...but by far the best part of that episode was the fact that an angel possessed a redneck and then rode a tractor to New York.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Was Taters posted:

Thought that was a good premiere, although I do get a leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetle tired of 'I gotta lie to my brother for his own good' variations. This is what, number 5?

At this point I wouldn't mind the show ending on some horrible note where the brothers get ripped apart forever or die simply because of a secret. Then you could bowl down the whole show to one major thing. Never ever lie to close family, it'll just gently caress you in the end. Something the Winchesters refuse to learn.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Was Taters posted:

Well unless they've cut the preview in a really tricky way, it looks like the lying thing isn't going to last too long.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Awesome episode, but check out Sam's twitter feed for a live tweet during the show. He covers a lot of behind the scenes stuff, as well as takes potshots at our favorite Clarence. @jarpad if you didn't know the handle. He spoils some incredibly minor things for the season though, so heads up.

Man, seeing Death again is always awesome. I love how Dean is all chummy but Sam is just incredibly uncomfortable around him.

Extremely minor spoiler:
Apparently we are going to get more trunk/hood? scenes in the season due to scheduling conflicts with Sheppard. I would not be surprised in the least if the slupee idea pops up in the show.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
So far as the lying goes, you could see how conflicted Dean was about it. I think at this point, he knows it's a bad idea, but he has a total inability to let go.

And it'll be fascinating to see how long Sam's light passenger can avoid meddling. From the looks of the previews, not long.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So we have an angel in the former vessel of Lucifer. No matter how well intentioned, i can't see this turning out well.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bull3964 posted:

So we have an angel in the former vessel of Lucifer. No matter how well intentioned, i can't see this turning out well.

I'm 99% sure that it's not "well intentioned".

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

bull3964 posted:

The one thing that will definitely turn out well for this: yet another chance to see some awesome acting from Padalecki! He's played so many different people in Sam's body, and it's always a treat to see him switch things up.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I hope they build up the lying thing for multiple episodes and then when Sam finds out about it he's only mildly annoyed just because it happens so much.

Less :argh: BROTHERRRRRRR! and more :rolleyes: Really, Dean? Again?

Unruly Amoeba
Feb 11, 2007
Really great start to the season and probably my favorite premiere to a Supernatural season, yet. It just hits the ground running.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Spergatory posted:

I hope they build up the lying thing for multiple episodes and then when Sam finds out about it he's only mildly annoyed just because it happens so much.

Less :argh: BROTHERRRRRRR! and more :rolleyes: Really, Dean? Again?

This would be the best. I can almost see it now.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Random Stranger posted:

I'm 99% sure that it's not "well intentioned".

Cas said he was a good soldier. Now we have to see whose orders he's following.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

Cas said he was a good soldier. Now we have to see whose orders he's following.

Cas did seem to faith in him, but unfortunately he's not exactly the best judge of character...

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
It might not actually be Ezekiel. The other angel didn't recognize him and Castiel never actually saw him face-to-face, we only have his word as to who he is.

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Koalas March posted:

Cas did seem to faith in him, but unfortunately he's not exactly the best judge of character...

We'll see. The first thing I noticed about Ezekiel is that he speaks in the same style of Castiel, which made me think that he might not turn out to be a complete dick-head. Which would be great, because the other two angels that weren't Castiel who also somehow weren't dickheads got killed (one of them by Castiel even!)

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

devoir posted:

It might not actually be Ezekiel. The other angel didn't recognize him and Castiel never actually saw him face-to-face, we only have his word as to who he is.

Ooooh good point.

EDIT: Just read that the premiere was the highest rated in three years. 2.53 million viewers. Guess there is a lot of people like me that got caught up on Netflix this summer.

CannedMacabre fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 9, 2013

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

devoir posted:

No one would recognize each other. They all fell and scrambled to find meat suits. They are all new faces to each other.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'm just wondering if the spell that ejected the angels from heaven could have ejected them from other places too.

Like, I dunno, the pit.

He seemed awfully hurt and weak compared to the other angels that fell...

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
It's unlikely that he's lying about who he is. For the most part, the angel seem to be self-important assholes who see no value in lying since they can take whatever they want anyway and want everyone to know it. The only angels we've seen lie are the smarter/stronger/eviler ones like Lucifer, Naomi, and Uriel. And considering they have shown plenty of that in the past, I think they'll probably want to show that there are angels other than Cas who aren't complete shitheads.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Lawlicaust posted:

It's unlikely that he's lying about who he is. For the most part, the angel seem to be self-important assholes who see no value in lying since they can take whatever they want anyway and want everyone to know it. The only angels we've seen lie are the smarter/stronger/eviler ones like Lucifer, Naomi, and Uriel. And considering they have shown plenty of that in the past, I think they'll probably want to show that there are angels other than Cas who aren't complete shitheads.

If it's Lucifer or Micheal (my guess), then they would lie about it, especially if they have been roasting in the pit for awhile.

Think about it, the Winchesters are the only vessels strong enough to take them. It is in their absolute best interest to keep them intact.

There were two important threads in that episode. Sam wanted to end his existence because he didn't want to hurt anyone anymore and Ezekiel was hurt badly and weak from the fall. No other angel we encountered seemed to be suffering from anything other than a loss of wings. So, something hurt him bad.

The same goes for his talk about their mission on earth, that can very easily be taken as "we are supposed to be participating in battle against hell during the apocalypse."

Good choice of the name Ezekiel though supernatural writers.

" 'May God strengthen him' in Arabic meaning 'God will strengthen' , literally 'to fasten upon,' figuratively 'strong,'"

"Ezekiel's greatest miracle consisted in his resuscitation of the dead"

Which is basically what he is doing for Sam :)

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 9, 2013

satchel
Apr 6, 2007
Whoever ye be think of me and the sea
I was wondering if that name was significant, thanks for pointing that out.

This season probably has the greatest title screen. I love the wings :3:

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

bull3964 posted:

If it's Lucifer or Micheal (my guess), then they would lie about it, especially if they have been roasting in the pit for awhile.

Think about it, the Winchesters are the only vessels strong enough to take them. It is in their absolute best interest to keep them intact.

There were two important threads in that episode. Sam wanted to end his existence because he didn't want to hurt anyone anymore and Ezekiel was hurt badly and weak from the fall. No other angel we encountered seemed to be suffering from anything other than a loss of wings. So, something hurt him bad.

The same goes for his talk about their mission on earth, that can very easily be taken as "we are supposed to be participating in battle against hell during the apocalypse."

Good choice of the name Ezekiel though supernatural writers.

" 'May God strengthen him' in Arabic meaning 'God will strengthen' , literally 'to fasten upon,' figuratively 'strong,'"

"Ezekiel's greatest miracle consisted in his resuscitation of the dead"

Which is basically what he is doing for Sam :)

the angel Cas was hanging with had her meatsuit dissolving, Ezekiel could be having a similiar issue

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bull3964 posted:

It's possible that was just in reference to his vessel; the same thing was happening with Hael.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

It's possible, but it seemed like different issues. Hael's meatsuit may have been burning up trying to contain the angel, but she herself still seemed pretty strong.

Even after she was a broken bloodied wreck on the ground (seriously Supernatural, that leg was one of the more disturbing things you've shown), she seemed to have more strength than he had.

We never saw any sort of lesions or anything on Helo. Also, if it was just his meatsuit having problems, jumping into another would have cleared it up at least temporarily. He also said that HE had to heal within Sam as well as healing Sam whereas Hael would have been fine if she jumped into Cas.

So, I still think there was something else going on there.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Oct 9, 2013

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

bull3964 posted:

Hold on, where did I miss this? Lucy might be back?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

kill your idols posted:

Hold on, where did I miss this? Lucy might be back?

Sam is Lucifer's former vessel and now it has an angel in it. We already know that vessels need to be up to a certain level depending on how powerful an angel is. It may go both ways (angel being more powerful in a more capable vessel.)

Sam and Dean are both very desirable meatsuits.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 9, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

bull3964 posted:

Sam is Lucifer's former vessel and now it has an angel in it. We already know that vessels need to be up to a certain level depending on how powerful an angel is. It may go both ways (angel being more powerful in a more capable vessel.)

We do not know if he could even be Lucifer's vessal now due to the poo poo he did last season. His blood was almost able to cure Crowley.

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

bull3964 posted:

Sam and Dean are both very desirable meatsuits.

ahh, ok! I thought it was as in his 'Nick' meat-suit.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

bobkatt013 posted:

We do not know if he could even be Lucifer's vessal now due to the poo poo he did last season. His blood was almost able to cure Crowley.

True, but the angels don't know that. I would still imagine they are very capable vessels regardless.

Also, that still makes me lean even more toward it possibly being Micheal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill your idols
Sep 11, 2003

by T. Finninho

bull3964 posted:

True, but the angels don't know that. I would still imagine they are very capable vessels regardless.

Also, that still makes me lean even more toward it possibly being Micheal.

How'd he get out of the cage? Death?

• Locked thread