Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

Winson_Paine posted:

How much of an ache in the rear end is the deckbuilding? If like, four of us are brand new how long is it going to take for us to sort through our options?

One thing that I don't believe was mentioned is that of all the cards in the box that could potentially exist in your deck, only a specific subset is actually available to assemble your deck initially. Anything marked 'basic'; these are your plain short/long swords, your hired NPC burglar-types, crowbars, etc. I want to say these compose just under half of the potential cards, but I haven't actually counted. This stuff will go reasonably fast as you replace it with better grade stuff you find in the wild, although some things like crowbars and the other 'use your strength check in a rogue-y situation' were staples for my sorry Fighter rear end, especially in a team with a Sorcerer and a Cleric where I was the designated trapworker.

e: The 'suggested decks' in the back of the rulebook will get you through the first set of missions fine, although I have minor gripes about some of the selections. Mainly, they like to suggest allies for people that buff their already strong checks, but it became clear pretty quickly to me that things will go more smoothly if you diversify out; a guy who buffs Constitution checks is kind of redundant on the Fighter, when he could instead bring a guy who can help patch his godawful Wisdom and give him a chance to pass traps that call for Wisdom-based perception checks.

Heatwizard fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread