Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
medchem
Oct 11, 2012

It looks like there's a version of this on OCTGN:

http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/wordpress/pathfinder/

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I finally got the OCTGN version installed after having to mess around with updating .NET Framework. I noticed the module doesn't have all the information on the cards, so you either have to have the physical cards on hand or you need to scan each card and replace the default images with your scans. Having to constantly look up the card information is inefficient, so I think scanning is the best option. Has anyone already done this? Would anyone be interested in pitching in on this? The author of the module said his scans are at 200 dpi (about 500 x 700 pixels).

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

malkav11 posted:

Generally that sort of thing is done to avoid cease and desists by making sure you have to have your physical copy on hand to play. I don't suppose anyone could fault you for scanning your own copy and playing with those, but distributing them would essentially be :filez:.

In lieu of :filez:, it would still be better if we had something like what was posted above just because we wouldn't have to constantly look up cards:

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

What's the optimal number of characters to use? I usually play solo or with my wife. We've been using 4 characters between us, and it seems like it might be not enough turns to go through for each character to get a good feel for how they play. 1 or 2 characters don't seem like they're enough. They get too many turns and there aren't a large variety of locations. I'm wondering if 3 might be good. Anyone have thoughts on this?

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

A couple of months ago, at BGG.con, Paizo hosted a 60 hour marathon session of PACG which included going through all the adventures including ones that haven't been released yet. Here's a report on that:

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lfrv?The-Battles-of-Marathon-The-Pathfinder-ACG-at

Holy poo poo the later adventures sound really hard.

• Locked thread