Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Terry van Feleday posted:

HEY, HOW’S IT HANGIN’?

Haha look at that guy

After the examination of the 9/11 imagery in the film, I'm surprised you missed this. It's looks like a reference to the charred remains of two Blackwater contractors being hung from a bridge in Fallujah, which was an impetus for the two attempts to recapture the city in 2004.

I'd could also say it's also how Mussolini's body was strung up for display, upside-down and arms hanging, after he was disposed of by anti-Fascists. Fallujah was more recent, and I believe in some of those the photos you can see the mob stringing them up (or cutting them down, depending on the context of when the photos where shot).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Rita Repulsa posted:

What is the metapolitical subtext of the pteranodon having two heads

Double-headed eagle reference?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

That thing looks like the most creepy transformer ever. I love it's weapons

You've never Takashi Murakami's Second Mission Project ko2, have you?

Big hint: it's someone looking at the Macross Valkyrie transformation and wondering how you can do that to a human being.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I was curious about this, so I looked it up. :stare:

I knew Churchill was a war-loving shithead but I didn't realize it went as far as "letting entire countries starve to death on purpose."

Don't forget gassed Kurds and sold out Eastern Europe to Stalin.