Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Arquinsiel posted:

I have no idea what is going on.

But I really want to.

REMEMBER CHICAGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

wateyad posted:

It's not being made by High Moon because they don't exist anymore because they made that Deadpool game.

EDIT: That isn't to say anything about whether or not it is, in fact, a cash grab but whatever the case it couldn't be being made by a studio that doesn't exist anymore.

High Moon is doing the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U ports of the new Call of Duty.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jayisspecial posted:

I can't understand how Bay can be so good at the action/spectacle side of things and be so so so bad at dialogue and character building on the other side of things.

Don't look at Bay, look at the writers.

Ehren Kruger, who wrote TF3 / 4 and rewrote TF2, is responsible for such amazing scripts as Scream 3, The Ring Two, Reindeer Games, Impostor and Scream 4. Orci and Kurtzman speak for themselves in terms of writing scripts that are great at references but suck structurally.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I always wondered about that, does the Mid-Atlantic fake British accent even exist anymore?

Put C-SPAN on in the background sometime when the House is in session for something or other -- you'll hear at least 20 Congresscritters speak with it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It's no F-Zero Chapter 7 rant, that's for sure.

In fairness, very few things are.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Milky Moor posted:

There're spoilers floating around the net. I can post them if people are interested. Suffice to say, the film sounds completely crazy and is going to be difficult to fit into the others.

Go on...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lord Krangdar posted:

I know Transformers 2 probably has the worst reputation of the lot, but there's something really cool about how it was somewhat improvised (because of the writer's strike). Kinda like Bay's own Inland Empire.

It wasn't improvised, it was that they were literally shooting a first-draft script (although Ehren Kruger did on-set rewrite work once the strike was over).

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

PhotoKirk posted:

TMNT was much less violent in the sequel. I think the only "weapon" used on screen was a yo-yo.

Yeah, that was a direct result of the cartoon's popularity. Donatello uses his staff (he takes a home run swing at Tokka) but I think that's it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

The only major holdover is Bumblebee's face.

And Bumblebee's radio voice.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

also, it has a planet crashing into another planet, destroying the moon in the process

Didn't they already do that in Dark of the Moon, with Sentinel summoning Cybertron with the pillars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Captain Invictus posted:

G1 transformers was silly as poo poo

Careful, some people will have you guillotined for daring to suggest that the G1 cartoon had any other purpose than To Sell Toys.