Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

sassassin posted:

Do you not watch horror movies?

I can definitely understand not rewatching (or even initially watching), say Redneck Zombies or Vampiyaz, but something on the budget level of Transformers should be able to either not have the content or handle it in a way that it doesn't make huge swathes of the population embarrassed to be in the theater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Lord Krangdar posted:

What do "budget levels" have to do with anything?

sassassin posted:

So cinema should only make you feel certain things relative to its budget?

What I'm saying is that everyone involved in making these movies has some experience, they spent millions of dollars on effects, focus testing, marketing, etc. and along that entire process everyone thoughts the twins were a good idea. I think that's definitely worth calling out since they're awful.

You can say it reflects culture in the US because of autobots studied our culture and the internet for some time before contacting us, but all that says is that through all their learning about human history and how people communicate with each other, the autobots came to the conclusion that black people talk like this. This is the opposite of "dealing with uncomfortable things."

Maybe if they were parodying or idolizing one specific performer or personality they met they could possibly go somewhere interesting with that, but hey Optimus said they learned about humans from the world wide web in the first movie and the internet's horrible so let's just do whatever, can't please everyone, it's cool.