Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Man transformers lore is hosed up.

Autobots fight deceptions. Autobots throw life-giving spark out into deep space where it lands on earth Unicron . Which just also so happens to be the source of their ancient sun eating, energon creating pyramids. Which just so happens to also be where sentinel prime crash landed when he went to go meet Megatron so he could end their war by... Enslaving humans? Which just so happens to be a world that the creators created robot dinosaurs on.

And that world also happens to be space satan?

I really fell like the movies would have been better as megatrons plan of the week to get new energon cubes as opposed to the fifteen different ancient prophecy showdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

4. God's chief executor and overall enforcer of the cosmic order that Optimus can not stand being beholden to.

"Autobots, Decepticons, like little children... always fighting, making a mess out of the universe.... and I've got to clean it up."

If I recall correctly, he kills him by stabbing him through the back (of the face?) while screaming that his opponent has no honor.

Caros
May 14, 2008

General Battuta posted:

And he says "honor to the end" as he stabs his foe in the back.

Right, that was it. I knew it was something so ridiculous that my brain packed up shop at that point.

Caros
May 14, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

she's the next Taylor Kitsch. remember him? star of Battleship and John Carter? Gambit in the worst X-Men movie? Part of the second season of True Detective? Savages? The Covenant? Snakes on a Plane? the villain in American Assassin?

god what a tragic career.

She did spider Gwen in the spiderverse movie which seems to be doing well at least.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

I'm halfway through this, and this video clearly draws on this very thread (even showing it in the video), but it makes a lot of new points and has fascinating ideas and developments of things in the later movies in that framework. It's awesome, basically. Especially when it gets into the Unicron stuff.

Belated (but who gives a drat, someone else bumped the thread) but this video is worth a watch just for the line:

"Little old Optimus Prime, the 35 foot tall truck man who wouldn't hurt a fly, unless it has a face he needs."