Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?
Holy poo poo it's back :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

They should have cut Mark Walhberg and his family and turned this movie into a buddy comedy with TJ Miller and Stanley Tucci as the leads.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Hbomberguy posted:

Metatron is a hilarious word - essentially meaning 'instrument of everything' (might be getting this wrong, if so please let me know). Metatron is literally the voice of the Universe - Old Testament philosophy interprets this to mean the voice of God himself. It all depends on whether you view 'God' as some absolute being who must be obeyed, or as some sort of underlying moral calling.
I need to go back and read the entire bible some time, and all of its apocrypha. This poo poo's fascinating. Thanks, Transformers!

There basically is no consensus on Metatron's definite meaning. Some people think it means "a lesser YHWH", others say "to keep watch or protect", and even "one who sits behind the throne."

Granted I'm beyond rusty on Talmudic history so you should take what I say with a grain of salt