Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Say what you want about Bay but he seems to enjoy making these spectacle pieces a whole drat lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

what I saw:
Humans make/rework transformers to their own gain, BIG GOV TM hunts the real ones.
Some sort of space tranformers authority doesn't like this and wants to destroy earth.
For some reason we have human drama that Ill not care about.

What I took away from it:
:black101: ME GRIMLOCK, KING! :black101:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

Am I the only one psyched for a new Steve Jablonsky soundtrack?

Anyways, I was thinking. It's interesting how the new Autobot designs seem to be continuing the trend of eschewing the 'car bits and pieces' that were very obvious in the first film. Optimus is still a truck but you wouldn't know that looking at his new design. It's like the Autobots have thrown off all pretext of appearing like cars or trucks in human-form and instead appear like alien soldiers and warriors. I really liked the designs from the first film so, really, I'll miss it.

On the other hand, Lockdown is a fantastic looking design. Black metal with a bright green faceplate, goddamn.

And this is an interesting promotional image for the film...

Reminds me of the movie Platoon.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I don't think it is the filmmakers intent to make the autobots evil (though it's a decently valid reading) but I do try to show that the autobots are shady as gently caress at best. They are probably regarded be the "good guys" in these movies, but they sure as poo poo aren't portrayed as heroes.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

A bit late but I saw Age of Extinction this week and I know I am probably influenced by Terry's and other people 's reading in this. But when Optimus went Honor till the end while killing Lockdown I just went. :stare:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I see the CineD interpretation as a fun alternative reading of the movies, but it really can't just be me wanting to see this right?
That is bumblebee going for Optimus's face with a hammer, getting slapped away and the next try being a overhead swing aimed at Optimus's face again.

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 5, 2017

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Lord Krangdar posted:

I'm guessing somehow Earth is Cybertron.
Earth is Primus and him and Unicron are gonna duke it out while the camera sways away from them to some jets flying overhead and american flags waving. :911:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I rate them on a scale of how psycho Optimus acts so from the ones I've seen: 3 > 4 > 2
Haven't seen TLK yet and 1 is a sorta decent movie boy and his car movie under it all.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Arquinsiel posted:

TLK is when the manipulative sociopath Prime from DotM has been turned on by humans and hunted by his creator's agents, flips out and tries to murder god, fails, and comes back to earth as an avenging angel of cyber-genocide.
Well I know what I'm watching tomorrow. :getin:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

As long as they bring back the voice actor for Megatron yesssssssssss. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

The setup left by the last Knight is so bonkers that I'm glad it's being continued.