Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Is there another way to download the articles in the op? Google has expired them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Thank you!

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Okay I went back and watched or rewatched every Michael bay transformers except age of extinction. Here are my bullet points.

-The films seemed very focused on architecture! There's the obvious class commentary stuff with Michela's lining environment vs Sam's obvious, taken for granted material comfort, (he refers to himself as "poor" at some point but, cmon) and eventually Carly's almost castle that she houses Sam within. But as it goes there are a lot of ornate municipal architecture, temples, and ruins that seem to play into the greater political commentary. The end of revenge of the fallen, in the middle of the wanton destruction of ancient ruins, has a scene where Shia Lebouf kills a robot bug in what appear to be the remains of a temple with glass bottle stained glass windows, immediately followed by deceptions attacking him. Last Knight features a related scene of drones chasing mark Wahlberg through a church. Dark of the Moon contains a lot of ornate, temple-esque municipal spaces, most importantly the building Spock is trying to create the space bridge with, but also the space at the beginning where the agents meet, and again Carly's home. Part of the thread seems to be miscommunication between the old and new world, preservation vs destruction, weirdly the modern skyscrapers and office spaces are the main subject of destruction in this one.
-John Goodman robot introduces himself with three separate, terrible catchphrases. This one made me laugh.
-Sam's mental breakdown in rotf includes drawing symbols all over his bad boys 2 poster.
-The anxiety with Sam's robot girlfriend is linked with his date, over a computer, with Michela. Either way he is instigating a sexual relationship with a machine, and the film is clear that all the women depicted ARE machines, which is to say, an image of a woman cast by a film projector or DVD laser.
-There is a small musical reference to "Revenge of the Nerds" at the party Sam attends.
-At Sam's job in moon, everyone is using lenovos. Lenovo is what IBM became.
-Sam directly expresses his action death wish to a soldier while Carly, whose brother was killed in one of these, is covering her ears.
-They escape the collapsing building by landing on the fire escape of an older building. The modern skyscraper does not have one.

I am sorry I missed the boat on this thread!! The PDF was some wonderful analysis.