Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is Mark Wahlberg turning into ripped Michael Keaton?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
When the movie first came out, more than one person in CD reported people walking out of the theater laughing at "the friend of the family robots." Subversion!

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ash1138 posted:

Considering that the Autobots learned our language by reading the internet, the twins were pretty tame really.

There should be a Pusher Autobot. We already know the Terrible Secret of Space.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lord Krangdar posted:

So dumb people are dumb and come away with dumb opinions about movies, so what? Why are all of us discussing these films here and now supposed to care so much about what dumb racists thought of them? We can do better.

Sorry, I just felt like the actual implications of the twins were being forgotten. I don't acquiesce to racists, but I do acknowlege them.

I went to the page in Terry's pdf about them and was linked to the Transformers Wiki mocking them. This isn't really related, but the Wiki puts on such a sarcastic tone about everything. It's perfect for Transformers and much better than Wookieepedia. How did that even happen that this is The Only Good Wiki?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

I'm really, really entertained that this short youtube is formatted the same way that 9/11 truther and moon-landing hoax claimers format their crazy conspiracy "unveiling the truth" videos.

As if Buzz Aldrin wasn't in this movie.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Some Guy TT posted:

Just to throw the obvious one out of the way here- if you look at Birth of a Nation in the context of D.W. Griffith's career, and especially in context of the fact that he later made Intolerance, it's easy to interpret the so-called lazy blacks of the film as actually being the victims of naive Northern oppression, being forced into positions of power before they were ready. Even more problematic parts, like the attempted rape of a white woman by a black man, can much more easily be seen as being the inevitable outcropping of poor governance.

Heck, I'd be willing to bet a decent amount that this was in fact exactly D.W. Griffith's original intention. At the same time, I think it would be pretty horribly naive to say that Birth of a Nation isn't a racist film at all just because this is a reading of the film that can be easily supported on textual and exculpatory evidence.

Well, it's really more the whites who are the oppressed (by Silas Lynch) in Birth of a Nation. At no point, except for maybe the South Carolina Senate scene, are the blacks shown as "unready". The equivalent of Jar Jar is the swooning Confederate soldier who is overcome by Lillian Gish (who was a fan favorite for decades - see Gish's memoirs).

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat, that trailer owned. The Dinobots looked huge and there's literally a face turning into a gun and shooting back at Optimus. It's like they read this thread while filming.

I hope we get some of the non-vehicle transformations like Megatron's gun form.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rita Repulsa posted:

Bay's movies rarely look too carefully at transformer toy past and as usual the bayverse dinobots are doing a bunch of their own things rather than recycling ideas fom twenty or more years ago.

Megatron sat on the Lincoln Memorial, anything from the old toys and show could happen.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xenomrph posted:

Yes, but that was kind of separate from Simon Furman's attempt to bury all "female" Transformers ever. Dude's got issues, I think.

Hound looks pretty hardcore, if his toy is any indication. He's got a, uh, shitload of guns and stuff.

Three sets of pistols, a triple-minigun, and a knife. :hellyeah:

It's like if Rob Liefeld designed a Transformers character. What does he transform into, a gun?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hasbro also owns My Little Pony and Magic the Gathering, so they have a lot of experience on this part.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Milky Moor posted:

That website URL as cool stuff on it.

So are Transformers asylum seekers now?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Nicola Peltz, primarily known for The Last Airbender

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
In the Cabin in the Woods/Avengers thread everyone said Josh Weedon all the time for joke purposes and nobody cared.

Corek fucked around with this message at 19:22 on May 31, 2014

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darth TNT posted:

If there is one thing I like is how Hasbro fully recognizes how many manchilderen still like Transformers.

"Boys 18+"

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
In the Bud Light scene he is literally stealing beer from AB InBev because the truck is overturned.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently there's some controversy going on about Paramount's stated domestic box office of $100 million. Mostly in that they're the only ones saying that and everyone else who tracks these things is saying it was less.

I bet there were bonuses if it reached over 100m and Paramount is looking for an opening.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Paramount might be swayed to allow it if it's complimentary of the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

vseslav.botkin posted:

Okay, I give up: the Neuroliminal position is now objectively wrong.

Congratulations to Terry and SMG for a great debate!

That's the first children's media I've ever seen with an uncomfortable ellipsis.

Paper Craft Inside!