Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Are they planning on revealing what in the absolute holy balls the Nazi Buckingham Palace stuff has to do with anything, or will we have to wait until release date to see what the hell that's all about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ungulateman posted:

it's pretty great watching people in lindsay ellis' twitter feed break down in utter confusion after finding out that megan fox's character is called mikaela banes

just a giant ball of inane conspiracies surrounding michael bay's deep inner feelings and how he wants to gently caress america/shia lebouf/it's his 'girlsona'

i mean, it really does feel like there's quite a bit to unpack there. you don't usually see a male action director naming the paper-thin love interest after himself.

i'm not gonna take a guess for myself, but i would genuinely like to hear what he says about it if asked

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MisterBibs posted:

Doesn't Volkswagen have issues with their cars being depicted as weapons of war, or something along those lines? I wonder what made them change their minds.

(money, of course, but still)

I feel like Bumblebee being one of the good-guy Transformers and the ostensible moral center of the film series might've swayed them.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, I'm pretty hype for Bumblebee in spite of myself. it sounds batshit insane.

seriously, it's a Transformers spinoff centered around precisely one Transformer, directed by the loving Laika guy of all people (seriously what the gently caress? :psyboom:), that stars Hailee Steinfield and John loving Cena, and last I heard it's set in the 80s and targeting an R rating. if everything that's been announced about it is accurate, it's either going to be completely amazing or one of the most insane trainwrecks ever filmed.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

I don't think the R part is true, since this movie is still made to sell toys and Hasbro said that the Bumblebee movie toys are designed for younger children.

meanwhile, Deadpool is absurdly popular with small children and sells fuckloads of toys.

weird poo poo happens sometimes. :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Payndz posted:

Robocops 1 and 2 were both ultra-violent hard R/18, then Robocop 3 was a PG-13.

Off the top of my head, the only series that became more violent as it went on was Rambo. A girl actually ran out of my screening almost in tears during Rambo 4, and her friends (male and female) who'd been all "woo, yeah, let's watch some action!" before it started left at the end in complete :stare: silence.

Meanwhile I saw Rambo 4 when it came out and thought it loving ruled because of how absurdly hard of an R it was. I was also in middle school and raised on Mortal Kombat, though. :v:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Is the Bumblebee movie still supposedly gonna be R-rated? That sounded like bullshit but it would be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Slutitution posted:

What does it say about our culture when "professional film critics" give a dull and stale sequel/prequel positive reviews just to spite the director of the previous ones? I'd rather watch films made by bad auteurs 100% of the time than market-researched trash pushed out by a team of corporate executives at this point.

On the other hand, Travis Knight fits most people's definition of a good auteur, I'd figure. Like, they didn't really do what you're saying, they just passed it to another auteur when the first one got bored of the IP and this time it's one who isn't as divisive.

e: Like, half the reason I'm interested in this is because it's done by the loving Laika guy, that's honestly a little nuts.