Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That's a pretty neat sword. I can't wait to see how many decapitations and dismemberments are played for laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

verybad posted:

Evil version of Optimus is just Optimus, though.

He's actually been Galvatron all this time since his "revival". The REAL good Optimus will come back leading the heroic Dinobots to free Earth from the Autobots.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

The lack of Shia has me less interested in TF4 than TF3.

This film better be good.

Marky Mark, motherfucker. Movie's going to be great.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God I can't loving wait. Bulky cameras are the best thing that happened to Michael Bay.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Buzz Aldrin talking to Optimus is so loving insane in context it always makes me laugh whenever I remember that happened.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat, that trailer owned. The Dinobots looked huge and there's literally a face turning into a gun and shooting back at Optimus. It's like they read this thread while filming.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PriorMarcus posted:

Just to point out that it my own made up theory, I've no idea if it's what the film is using.

It is now, in my mind. The Mayan gods being transformers would be awesome.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sassassin posted:

Why don't the Dinobots have feathers?

I wonder if they'll have small brains.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Humans with alien weaponry? Why not.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bushisms.txt posted:

Terry please go to opening night, so you can get to work on it. I'm making a coffee table book out of the pdf, and the 4th is maikng me hold off, because it looks like it's going to be a cherry on top.

Was there a finalized PDF linked somewhere?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As long as no one fucks a transformer I'll continue watching these.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sprecherscrow posted:

Is the pdf in a form where it's completely up to date including the analysis of the design for the robots as well as the look at the cartoon movie from the '80s?

I think the latest version is in the OP.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

How dark would Galvatron have to be to be "Dark Prime"? That boggles the mind.

Complete humantian and has spent the last X years providing aid to war-torn countries.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

Given that this is Bay's final film (sadly!) it is certainly possible.

This is a new trilogy. Maybe he won't direct the next 2 films but he'd still be producing and overseeing anything else they do.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MSJ posted:

I wonder who will direct if Bay moves on. Must be someone with a connection to him or Spielberg.

If Turtles does well enough I can see him passing the torch to Liebesman but I really can't think of a director that could follow up Bay.

Comedy answer: Kurt Wimmer :getin:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

At least they're waiting instead of making a gritty remake of an old song.

Stan Bush, I still remember.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VaLiancY posted:

And here is the new trailer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU-dcTiHNHk

I really like Prime's new design and the black Lambo.

The trailer could have been Prime riding Grimlock and cutting robots in half in a loop and I would have been satisfied.

God drat that looks fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The attention to robot faces in this movie is unsettling.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New TV ads:

https://vimeo.com/96960184

https://vimeo.com/96960551

https://vimeo.com/96960552

That last one :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Okay, I refuse to believe that I'm the only one getting a serious Unicron vibe from that shot of the ship sucking up the city.

I can't remember where I read it (Empire, maybe?) but Bay pointed out that this being a planned trilogy they're actually going to go ahead and start introducing poo poo that won't be explained or have a payoff until the sequels. While I'm sure they'll be using Unicron eventually, I don't think those are it. Maybe like a herald to Unicron?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Empire has some new info on Transformers including these "blueprints". Bumblebee looks menacing as hell.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 31, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

New :stare: trailer

https://vimeo.com/97854887

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bay's version is the default version for me :colbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat I love whoever is doing the advertising for this movie

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Two new TV spots.

This one has Lockdown speaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf2VrhQj6BY

God drat this looks good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Best gif I can find of the dancing.

This is only slightly disappointing because I was expecting dancing dinobots.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

VaLiancY posted:

Transformers 5 is greenlit for 2016. Christ, that summer is going to be fun.

Summers of 2015 and 2016 are so loving packed holy poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Revenge of the Fallen is amazing for 2 reasons and 2 reasons alone.

1. All script work was done in 2 weeks due to the writer strike. This was done by Bay essentially kidnapping everyone while also going and renting all the locations he wanted to use then went "we have these locations and sets available, make a movie". The movie ended up making over $800 million.

2. The movie still holds (I think) the record for the biggest explosion with actors nearby. This single explosion took close to a year to plan making that one scene take a longer time out of production than everything else outside of rendering the movie.

I love the movie but sure as gently caress won't defend it. The fact it even has something resembling a story is a miracle.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

snortpocket posted:

By ROTF even they gave up the whole mission city business and started referring to it as LA.

Then of course there was all the "cover up" bullshit, as though giant robots laying waste to Los Angeles for an entire afternoon wouldn't be documented in any reliable way

It doesn't take much to do a proper cover up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

I also like how the film continues to mesh perfectly with the themes and ideas established by Terry's reading - particularly the character of both Megatron and Optimus.

I already have my ticket for tomorrow night and I'm excited as all hell but now I can't loving wait.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah aside from a few shots which were meant to be hectic I think every fight in all 3 movies establishes who is who before they start smashing each other.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Since this comes out tonight and I'm about to head out I figure it's a good time as any to post about Fandango having a $14 voucher for $7 in Amazon Local. IMAX 3D is expensive as all gently caress so this helps.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It's from the very beginning when they're chasing that one robot. They also show up for like 2 seconds in the pyramid fight and one of them gets shot dead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo, this movie. Holy poo poo, Optimus Prime's dialogue. :stare:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I went to see it Thursday night at 9 and there wasn't a single empty seat in the theater. The whole audience loving loved the movie. Tons of laughters and clapping and cheering. It was a great experience all right and the movie delivered.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rei_ posted:

Yes, Prime's first lines in the film actually directly address him and give some closure to his character.

Wait, really? What did he say?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rei_ posted:

I believe the direct quote was "I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL KILL YOU!"

Oh I knew that but don't tease me saying that was referring to Sam. One can only hope :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Awcko posted:

I'm a bit at odds with myself with this one. I'm not sure if I loved it or hated it with a passion, but at the very least it was one hell of a spectacle. Also, did anybody else get taken aback a little when dumb comedy relief dude gets loving glassed and you see his still-burning horrific metallo-corpse?

I'm pretty sure that was the intended effect. Seed explosions were loving grim.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think what I find most fascinating about the ending is how incredibly loving STUPID Optimus is. Let's do a quick rundown of Optimus ability to deal with threats:

1. Megatron - stalemate at best. Attempts suicide via cube but Sam uses it to kill Megatron.
2. Megatron - dies against it in the forest battle. Able to beat the Fallen only after being given Jetfire's power boost/wings.
3. Sentinel - Loses an arm and is about to die but Megatron saves his life. He repays Megatron with an axe to the face.
4. Lockdown - Sniped and taken prisoner with little to no effort. Gets impaled with own sword and almost dies until Bee and Marky Mark intervene.

So Optimus is great and cleaning trash mobs but loving sucks at dealing with the boss. So what does he do? He goes off ALONE to deal with the creators. I can see that lasting about as long as his other fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Galvatron's new body is awesome. I can't wait to see what crazy poo poo they do with it in the next film.